“Best UK Hilton I have stayed in”

The Trafalgar Hotel
Ranked #348 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Entrance to the Trafalgar is tucked away and not obvious. No Hilton signage, which is in keeping with the location.
Booked one night while entertaining the relatives. Used my Hilton Honours points.
Check in was quick and efficent. Very grateful to be able to check in early. Lady on reception was very friendly.
Double room was surprisingly spacious for such a central location. Large bathroom.
Wonderful roof terrace with views over Trafalgar Square and the London Skyline.
Supremely comfortable bed.
Service with a smile really does make a difference and this is one of the best Hilton's I have ever stayed in. Miles better than the London Bridge Hilton which scores much higher on the Trip Advisor list - though I can't work out why.
My new preferred hotel for guests to central London.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
MarliSadzinski, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for reviewing The Trafalgar Hotel.

I am very happy that you enjoyed our hotel so much. I am delighted to read that you found our hotel to be warm, quaint and friendly as this is exactly what we thrive to achieve.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back again soon fo another great stay.

There are newer reviews for The Trafalgar Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2012

You could not get a more central location for exploring London, and with a fantastic roof top terrace view. Despite being in such a hustling location the rooms were quiet and undisturbed by outside noise. The odd guest room doors slamming in the night was a slight annoyance but not a major gripe. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. Stay there again, most definitely.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
MarliSadzinski, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you so much for the positive comments. We really appreciate the time taken to review our hotel and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I chose the Trafalgar for the perfect location he offer, I stayed there 4 nights and I'll remember my stay for a while...
Arriving at the hotel you find a very "chic" bar-lobby very well design enhance by smiling receptionists, wich nowadays is not so common !!!
The room (deluxe) is sober, with strange and original lights, wide enough and very bright. The bed as in all hilton is amazing. the overall room is very clean ( and no stain on the carpet or wall as in severals 4* hotels...).

All along my stay I've been surprise by the friendliness and the helpfulness of the staff from breakfast to houskeeping and bar!!
As it was my first time in London I asked for a lot of info. Whatever you need go to the concierge desk and ask Tom. Tom's not here, no worries ask Macik, they get everything you need.
Special thanks to Pierre who was outstanding and helpful in every-way even when reception was busy.

I usually don't remember the staff names but when the service is as high as it is at the Trafalgar hotel, you can't forget them.

to make it easy, Trafalgar = home sweet home

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your recent stay with us at The Trafalgar Hotel. It is always encouraging to receive such positive feedback and to be able to gauge how well we are doing in delivering our promise.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Visited Vista bar in May with 2 girlfriends. Lovely spot for evening cocktails, taking in the views of the London Sky line. Not cheap (also £5 entrance cover) but very much worthwhile for the ambience. Not much else to compare to this in central London.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

It is always great to receive feedback from valued guests. I was encouraged to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Vista, and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed at the Trafalgar Hotel for 5 nights in March, 2012. I have never before rated a hotel 5 stars, until our stay at the Trafalgar. The hotel is in a perfect location - right on Trafalgar Square, walking distance to many places, and easy access to bus lines for sites that are further away. The service, in every aspect, was above and beyond! Staff at the Lobby desk were helpful in every way - bus line and/or Tube advice; excursion suggestions for Stonehenge or Windsor Castle; museum opening/closing times; hailing a cab, etc.

The Trafalgar Hotel was the perfect "home base" for our short stay in London. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SMH_in_ATL

Thank you for posting comments about your stay with us. I am glad you found it to be such a fantastic experience! My team and I strive to offer friendly, professional service so as to make your stay with us a memorable home-away-from-home experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Jenny Vieira , manager is excellent
Breakfast / exccellent . As a Hilton member and stayed in a lot of them this I rate high for all above ....

And I must say having a god start to the day . (breakfast ) is a must . Unlike a lot of hiltons which are a dull experience tis was 10/10

Gordon and gordon
Keep up the good work . Jenny a fine assist

• Stayed: May 2012

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our chef will be glad to read that you enjoyed the breakfast selection so much.
Jenny was delighted to meeting you in person, and sends her regards. She hopes the theatre show you have watched was great!!.
Looking forward to your next visit to The Trafalgar.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

We have stayed at Hilton properties throughout the States and worldwide and found this property to be excellent. The front desk staff should also be applauded on their attentiveness and willingness to assist in most any way. The rooms are also up to date and very comfortable. Location is also very good for most all central activities with Charring Cross station very close. Definitely would stay here again if visiting London. Cheers!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

It is always great to learn that our teams are delivering a great service. Your comments act as a motivator to keep the levels of service at top levels at all times. So once again, thank you!
Finally I pleased that you found your room to be spacious, the bed extremely comfortable and the room so clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.