“Location, location, location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #392 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Kiev, Ukraine
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The place itself is lovely. The room was of big size and had a view over Paddington Station roof. Decent sleep, good bed and bedding, large bathroom (with strange sounds from pipes when flushing), and well stocked. The room was clean, the building is well looked after, and staff attitude was very nice and accommodating. Highly recommend and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor to avoid noise from the street.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Would be good if this hotel did weekend package prices

• Stayed March 2012
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although the room was lovely and the breakfast buffet was nice and plentiful I would not stay in this hotel again due to the abysmal customer service!!! Not only was our room not ready when we arrived but shortly after checking in a member of staff walked straight into our room without so much as knocking!!! I was just out of the shower and thankfully managed to cover myself with a towel before he burst in but I got the fright of my life! He didn't even apologise!
Later, I complained at the reception desk and got a half hearted apology and even when I asked to speak to the manager he basically said "Well, this happens a lot - we don't always get time to restock the minibar before guests check in". Even when I pointed out that he didn't knock despite knowing the room was occupied he just shrugged. Again, no apology and certainly no attempt to make amends! Unbelieveable! Certainly not what you would expect from a four star hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Michaelmhwll, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear VOnsie

Thank you for staying with us ad for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you were happy with both the bedroom itself and the breakfast. However I too am disappointed by the follow up of our team members. Whilst it would be wrong to say that we do not make mistakes, what is important is how we then follow up such an error whether it be the team member that entered type room or the Manager on Duty at the time. Please do accept my apologies for this poor hospitality. I should be most grateful if you could spare a minute to write to me on Mike.williamson@Hilton.com confirming the date that you stayed and you name so that I might both follow this up directly and respond back to you directly.

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights in March. We were in meetings all day long at the hotel. Food was the usual standard for a Hilton. But there are lot of eateries nearby if you fancy anything different. I also used the gymn which has some standard equipment (precor). Rooms are large when compared to most central London hotels. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RAJU007
Dear RAJU007

Thank you for both staying with us and for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed staying in the the hotel and that you appreciated the location. I do hope that we can welcome you back soon whether it be on business again or for a more relaxing time.

Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Whilst the location for this hotel is undoubtedly good, there were elements that I was disappointed with. Our room was above the Steam Bar which meant unbearable music noise and made it impossible to sleep. We were obviously not the first people to experience this as we were immediately offered 20% discount on the rate. The gesture was appreciated although it didn't help our ability to sleep!
Breakfast on Sunday's is advertised and being served until 11am - my husband and I arrived to eat at 10.45 and were met by a gentleman who said "you have 10 minutes and then breakfast will be closing". I was fully aware of both the time and how long we had and therefore did not appreciate what was effectively a "hurry up". I felt that simply a "good morning" would have been more appropriate! I would also point out that we were back in our room and packing by 11am!!

Room Tip: If you are staying on a Friday or Saturday night ask if you are near the bar -
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Frogmanchster

Thank you for both staying with us and for your review on Tripadvisor. I am indeed sorry that your evening was distrubed and for the lack of hospitality at 10.45 hrs on the following Sunday morning at breakfast. I do apologise for this and will be following these items up with the superviors concerned personally. I understand your concenrs and comment however if you do consider returning to us I should be most grateful if you would contact me directly on Mike.Williamson@Hilton.com so that I can oversee arangements and ensure that you receive both the comfort and hospitality that you expect form us.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed here on business. Excellent room, very comfortable. Hotel very large and was quite a walk to my room in relation to where the conference was being held. Very busy too.
Food excellent. Staff very professional and helpful

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michaelmhwll, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Jo W

Thank you for staying with us whilst attending a conference recently, and thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the bedroom , food and team met your expectations. I hope that we will see you back soon, whether it be on business again or for a weekend away.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Visited London for The Arsenal Milan match- Wondeful- pity about the result. My second time using Paddington Hilton. Great location- stright upstairs from The Heathrow Express which was superb as always. Staff at Hotel friendly and obliging- room spotless and good size. Bar staff friendly- good breakfast, fast checkout. Ideal location for a London visit. Place always buzzing.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Mr Cairns

Many thanks for returning to us and for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you found the hotel so convenient and that you enjoyed everything so much. We look forward to seeing you back soon with a better result for Arsenal.