“Convinient,comfortable and the good location .”

Hilton London Paddington
Ranked #400 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Khalkis, Greece
“Convinient,comfortable and the good location .”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Good location! The convenience of heathrow airport via heathrow express and all facilites of paddington station and nearby. Staff are very polite and helpful. (as often in Hilton hotels) . Very comfortable and clean rooms. The breakfast was great with a huge range to choose from! Lots of choice of eateries nearby. Near Hyde Park.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nana_pak
Michaelmhwll, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Nana_pak

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hlton London Paddington on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were s comfortable, I am especially pleased that everyone was so helpful and polite ( as we would expect ). We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Mike Williamson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I recently had a short overnight layover at Heathrow and, never having been to London, I wanted to stay in the city and experience as much as possible. I stayed at the Hilton Paddington because of it's proximity to Paddington Station, where the Heathrow Express terminates. I was so glad that I did! After disembarking from the train, it is literally a 3 minute walk to get to the hotel lobby. Check-in was very efficient, so I was in my room in no time.

After check in, I headed out to do some exploring and the hotel's location again served my well: just a quick walk down the steps and I had access to the tube.

The hotel itself was very nice. The room was immaculate, with all of the expected amenities. The complimentary breakfast buffet was quite good. The only downside was the expense. The hotel is somewhat pricey. But if you can get a good deal, go for it!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Michaelmhwll, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Buck K

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel so convenient for everything that you needed. I understand your point about breakfast, even though there is quite a range of items on offer; might I suggest that you book in advance you can find rates inclusive of breakfast offering greater value. We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The place itself is lovely. The room was of big size and had a view over Paddington Station roof. Decent sleep, good bed and bedding, large bathroom (with strange sounds from pipes when flushing), and well stocked. The room was clean, the building is well looked after, and staff attitude was very nice and accommodating. Highly recommend and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor to avoid noise from the street.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Would be good if this hotel did weekend package prices

• Stayed March 2012
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Although the room was lovely and the breakfast buffet was nice and plentiful I would not stay in this hotel again due to the abysmal customer service!!! Not only was our room not ready when we arrived but shortly after checking in a member of staff walked straight into our room without so much as knocking!!! I was just out of the shower and thankfully managed to cover myself with a towel before he burst in but I got the fright of my life! He didn't even apologise!
Later, I complained at the reception desk and got a half hearted apology and even when I asked to speak to the manager he basically said "Well, this happens a lot - we don't always get time to restock the minibar before guests check in". Even when I pointed out that he didn't knock despite knowing the room was occupied he just shrugged. Again, no apology and certainly no attempt to make amends! Unbelieveable! Certainly not what you would expect from a four star hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Michaelmhwll, General Manager at Hilton London Paddington, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear VOnsie

Thank you for staying with us ad for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you were happy with both the bedroom itself and the breakfast. However I too am disappointed by the follow up of our team members. Whilst it would be wrong to say that we do not make mistakes, what is important is how we then follow up such an error whether it be the team member that entered type room or the Manager on Duty at the time. Please do accept my apologies for this poor hospitality. I should be most grateful if you could spare a minute to write to me on Mike.williamson@Hilton.com confirming the date that you stayed and you name so that I might both follow this up directly and respond back to you directly.

liverpool
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights in March. We were in meetings all day long at the hotel. Food was the usual standard for a Hilton. But there are lot of eateries nearby if you fancy anything different. I also used the gymn which has some standard equipment (precor). Rooms are large when compared to most central London hotels. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank RAJU007
Dear RAJU007

Thank you for both staying with us and for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed staying in the the hotel and that you appreciated the location. I do hope that we can welcome you back soon whether it be on business again or for a more relaxing time.

Manchester
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Whilst the location for this hotel is undoubtedly good, there were elements that I was disappointed with. Our room was above the Steam Bar which meant unbearable music noise and made it impossible to sleep. We were obviously not the first people to experience this as we were immediately offered 20% discount on the rate. The gesture was appreciated although it didn't help our ability to sleep!
Breakfast on Sunday's is advertised and being served until 11am - my husband and I arrived to eat at 10.45 and were met by a gentleman who said "you have 10 minutes and then breakfast will be closing". I was fully aware of both the time and how long we had and therefore did not appreciate what was effectively a "hurry up". I felt that simply a "good morning" would have been more appropriate! I would also point out that we were back in our room and packing by 11am!!

Room Tip: If you are staying on a Friday or Saturday night ask if you are near the bar -
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Frogmanchster

Thank you for both staying with us and for your review on Tripadvisor. I am indeed sorry that your evening was distrubed and for the lack of hospitality at 10.45 hrs on the following Sunday morning at breakfast. I do apologise for this and will be following these items up with the superviors concerned personally. I understand your concenrs and comment however if you do consider returning to us I should be most grateful if you would contact me directly on Mike.Williamson@Hilton.com so that I can oversee arangements and ensure that you receive both the comfort and hospitality that you expect form us.