See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 27, 2014

The worst hotel I have stayed in so far! would not consider booking again. only positive thing I can say about the hotel is the location, just across from station. Room stank felt the need to cover are noses!, the cushions and duvets had stains, could not wait to leave the hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank iliz y
Reviewed October 10, 2014

The room was so small the double bed was pressed against two walls- In other words- one person could not walk around the bed to get out of it. The A/C was too big for the room & it was very cold. There was hammering going on for improvements.
I've stayed in bigger cruise ship rooms.
The bathroom was clean & small & there was a desk in the room but you could only sit at it if you didn't need to get into the bed.
Also there is no lift/elevator. I had to carry my bags up four landings to get to the second floor. The person at the desk never offered to bring them up for me.
The breakfast was good & adequate.
The location is the only reason to stay at this hotel. We were leaving to go to Scotland & the trains leave from the Kings Cross Station which is right across the street.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2014 via mobile

Out of all the hotels I've ever stayed in this is by far the worst! We stayed 3 nights b&b and it got worse by the day.

When we arrived the manager at the desk was lovely, the place looked ok and the manager said our room was on the 2nd floor. I was with my 72 year old gran who can find stairs a bit hard so the manager carried her bags up for her. That was the end of any good point about this place.
In the way up the stairs the landings were littered with all of the dirty washing/bedding strewn across the floors which I almost tripped over twice. When we got to our room (no9) the door handle had door filler all around it and was a mess, it looked as if the door belonged on a building site yet to be finished (they must have had to change the door handle at one point)

Once we got into the room I couldn't believe the size of it, it was tiny! A double bed (which had a hole in it) squashed right up against the wall, no storage space at all apart from one narrow cupboard around 50cm wide and 2 small faux leather boxes with removable lids. The walls were all dirty covered in stains and old wet marks, the wall sticker was peeling off. The only point of electricity for us to use was an extension cable lying across the floor. We also had a standing lamp, small fridge which was dirty and small tv. At this point I wanted to complain but my gran was too scared she would get told to leave and have nowhere to go so I held my tongue.
I opened what I thought was a cupboard door to find a tiny little en-suite shower room with a toilet sink and shower all so close together it was impossible to actually feel clean, I genuinely think this was a cupboard renovation. The shower head was absolutely filthy covered in dirt and limescale, instead of a bath mat the manager put a towel on the floor. When it came to having a shower, it swiftly turned into a bath because the water didn't drain. Nice.
Went for breakfast in the first morning, the dining room was dirty and cold, there were 2 cereal dispensers and a sign saying self service on the opposite wall. Going over to the sign I realised it was tea/coffee self service, the kettle etc was out along with a milk jug and there was a girl in the smallest kitchen I've ever seen (another cupboard renovation it seemed) who asked what would I like for breakfast. My choice was toast, beans or egg. Great choices there, no bacon or sausage or anything else breakfast related. So I asked for toast and scrambled eggs. I was given hot bread which I gave back to be properly toasted and not scrambled eggs but a burnt fried egg covered in pepper. Again my gran begged me not to complain. I also heard another couple at breakfast ask for orange juice and the cook said "we have none left so tough" very rude indeed. And when that couple asked her for some toast she said "I don't work through here!" Meaning they should go to her, she was not there to go to them. We didn't go for breakfast again.
We stayed out of the hotel as much as possible as the tv didn't work very well, you couldn't use it without a remote and our remote had to be replaced 4 times because it didn't work, we gave up after the 4th.
On the last night I went for my shower and again it didn't drain. When I opened the shower door to get out I discovered that the whole bathroom was flooded, all of the towels were wet my pyjamas were soaked the place was swimming so at this point I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. I called the staff up to sort it out, no apology, he came in with a plunger to clear the drain, left it along with all it's dirt in the bathroom, moved my wet clothes to the side and said you can go in now. At this point I complained that it was unacceptable. He said "oh well, sorry" and that was all. He then left the room didn't offer to dry my pyjamas so I had to sleep in my leggings and a shirt. Didn't give us any more towels and didn't dry up the flood. We called him back to the room to clean it up and they just put 2 towels on the floor to soak up the water. I couldn't believe the lack of service.
When we left to check out in the morning I told the man on the desk that we wanted compensating, that for the 200 odd pounds we paid the level of service and the state of the hotel and problems we encountered were unacceptable. He didn't apologise, he told me we could not have a refund because we didn't complain at the right time. I've never been so angry in my life I asked him if he thought it was acceptable and he just looked sheepish. They do NOT care about service or the customer as long as they are paid. I wouldn't recommend their service as fit for dogs. Their attitude stinks.

Stayed: September 2014
4  Thank Shahree F
Reviewed September 25, 2014 via mobile

This month , I spent 07 night in this hotel with my wife. Really is not a bed hotel at all, staff very friendly & helpful especially Mr Mohammed and Miss Ekona , I got a double room with private bathroom very clean, changing towels every day , good breakfast, clean kitchen.
Also the location is very good 05 min walk to king cross & st pancra's stations. The Bus transport is available 24 hours ( bus n 10 ).honestly I recommend this hotel due to the good value of Quality/ price.

Sami chergu. Algeria

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Samy C
Reviewed September 22, 2014

This hotel has one redeeming feature, it is very close to St Pancras if you're taking the Eurostar. However the room was tiny and an odd L shape, so behind the bathroom was a void filled with a single bed settee, other than that there was nowhere to sit, and the TV could not be viewed from there as it was located round the corner from it. The only window was also located in this area and over-looked offices (and possibly apartments, I tried not to look too closely) merely a couple of yards away and there were no net curtains or blinds on the window so it afforded no privacy.The bed sloped into the middle (and you could only access it from one side). The breakfast was extremely basic. There was no lift, we were up 3 flights of stairs & had 2 large suitcases, and whilst there is storage on the ground floor for cases, surely you need them in your bedroom? Expensive and poor value at 2/3rds the price.

Room Tip: In another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple