“Location, comfort, quiet and personal service....a block from Harrod's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Levin

The Levin
Ranked #309 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Smithtown, New York
“Location, comfort, quiet and personal service....a block from Harrod's!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I would echo what recent reviews have said. This is a small boutique hotel perfectly located a block from Harrod's and almost as close to Harvey Nichols, in Knightsbridge. Convenient to everywhere in London, as it is one minute's walk to the tube. I stayed here 4 nights with my daughter while she was on break from college. The entire staff, beginning with Harald Duttine, the manager, was exceptionally solicitous and helpful. I can't remember staying in a hotel where every single personal was so friendly and helpful, including the housemaids. Every time we came downstairs or walked in the door, they asked what we had done, how they could help,etc. They always offered tea and coffee when we came in. Great ideas for where to visit, to eat, how to get there, etc. The room was lovely -not big- but perfect for us. immaculately clean. The bathroom with heated floors and towel rack had Kiehl's amenities which were very nice. The included breakfast at Le Metro downstairs was also lovely and the service there was fantastic. All in all, a great stay - so happy we found this place - I am recommending it to others already.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a good view - if that's important, ask in advance.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mamaspiegs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
Arezzo, Italy
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Only 12 rooms but a very cosy and chic hotel in Knightsbridge .
Harrods is only 127 feet away!!!
Spacious rooms and all the modern facilities , complimentary wifi ( great) and a good bistro downstairs to meet a friend in central London and have a bite to eat.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank paolok66
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I chose to stay at The Levin based on the fact that it was in the top ten list of trip advisor recommended hotels in London. I travel to London frequently and was delighted to find my home away from home. I stayed a total of 8 nights. I found the service at the hotel to be exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble--a lighter, a bandage, a cup of tea at the end of the day. My flight arrived at 5:00 am and I did ask if the room would be available for me to check into and they didn't promise but said they would do their best. It was great that after a 13 hour flight that the room was ready to inhabit! They were also very agreeable that I could have late check out. They offered my guests tea and coffee that was complimentary. These small touches are so very much appreciated. The management staff of the hotel were so friendly and kind and happy to please.
The rooms are spacious. The bed and sheets very comfortable and what sold me were the bathrooms which were modern and spic and span clean. I have definitely found a hotel to return to!

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor then you can walk up and down without bothering with the lift.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank florencelim
düsseldorf
Reviewed 22 February 2012

fantastic little hotel - we just spend a weekend there and very so pleased with our choice.
the staff is going out of their way to help and assist in any way they can.
the place is renovated and the interiour design is just perfect - VERY tastefully done down to the smallest detail...
the location is superb, almost next door to harrods in an amazingly quiet sidestreet...
tube, buses and cabs just around the corner.
the little breakfast place absolutely charming and the continental breakfast with its choices was delicious, fresh fruit salad and the pastries were too good...
we definitely will go back, hopefully soon :-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank U H
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.
I was so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and also that you enjoyed our breakfast.
I do hope that you will return to saty with us in the future.

UK
Reviewed 22 February 2012

After booking dinner at Heston Restaurant Mandarin Oriental (which was by the way absolutely fantastic), like others, we could not justify rates to stay there. And we are so glad we didn't. Everything about The Levin was just perfect. Upon arrival, the service was exceptional. After taking our keys to park the car, they kindly offered us tea & coffee delivered to our room as we had had a couple of hours drive. We were in Room 14, a beautiful room with seperate entrance hall situated between bedroom/sitting area and bathroom. The room was spacious and although having all mod cons, it had a very cosy feel about it. The bed, well where do I begin except to say that we have ordered the same for at home !! The bathroom had underfloor heating which was a nice touch on a winters evening, supplied with ample towels, bathrobes and luxurious toiletries. Breakfast was served downstairs in The Metro which was lovely and plentiful and by a very happy guy who mad a good start to the day. Also, I cannot forget to mention the 18 metre chandelier that hangs down the stairwell from the top floor to the bottom that took a week to install, it's absolutely beautiful.

Overall, The Levin is an exceptional small hotel in a fabulous location with staff that compliment the hotel to achieve a top level of service.

I will be finding excuses to visit London again just to stay at The Levin.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Spamlamadingdong
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review on trip advisor for the Levin Hotel.
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
Do let me know of any future bookings when you coming to London and I be happy to assist you with a reservation
Best wishes
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Levin provided exceptional service and rooms for our family of FOURTEEN last June (2011). SInce we were just coming off the Queen Mary 2, our standards were high and The Levin more than exceeded my expectations. I was in charge of planning this trip, and believe me, I got plenty of accolades from every single member of our party for having selected The Levin.

The rooms were superb-- large, quiet, perfectly equipped and clean and classy. But it is the service at The Levin that shines. There is no "front desk" in this property-- just a stand with the manager at hand. There is more than enough other staff, it is just that they are out of sight. Any request will be accomodated. I hope that I will be fortunate enough to stay at The Levin again someday soon.

Room Tip: Explain exactly what you want and they will shoot straight with you. We had classic deluxe rooms an...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ABOofLKY
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you and the rest of your group had a fabulous time here at The Levin.

I will share your good comments with my staff and I do hope to see you again here in London.

Please let me know of any future visits you have planned and I be happy to help you with a reservation.

All the best

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We recently had two stays (3 nights and 4 nights) at The Levin in January, 2012 for the first time (on previous occasions used a similar style hotel). The service level provided by the Levin was consistently exceptional (the value of staying at a boutique property).

The location of this hotel is without question the absolute best you could find in Knightsbridge. A street behind Harrods, one street from Sloane Street, Harvey Nicholls and Brompton Rd shopping, a couple of blocks from Beauchamp Place (great restaurants) and Cadogan Place.

Not only does this small hotel of 12 rooms provide the normal 4 star services you would expect, they consciously go out of their way to add value to your particular circumstances which included unsolicited assistance with reservations, information, travel advice etc. They even went out of their way (unbeknown to us) to finally locate our luggage which went missing on an interline transfer whilst we were getting the usual run around from BA.

When you stay at The Levin, you must acknowledge what you are getting compared a larger 4 star hotel of similar standard in London. As it is a small intimate hotel it does not have 2/3 high powered speed elevators, instead a cute original classic 1940’s cage elevator which adds to its unmistakable charm, no health club or gym, business centre or intimate bar, just great personalised service and surroundings.

The Levin has a fabulous no-nonsense restaurant down stairs with good food open from 6.30 am to 11.00 pm where the local businesses constantly frequent (noticed lots Harrods staff on their breaks, lunch and dinner).

Rooms are typical of 5 star London hotels containing smaller to more spacious rooms with typical British furnishings, we stayed in two room types all had good products and very nice small convenient touches.

The Hotel is managed by Harold Duttine who runs a terrific operation alongside his small friendly and professional team.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Poss739
Harald D, Manager at The Levin, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review about The Levin.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will share your views with my team.

It is always nice to get positive feedback such us yours this makes us feel very proud in what we doing.

We will continue our excellent service and make sure we will have plenty more happy customer to come.

Please let me know of any future travels to London and I am more than happy to help you with a reservation.

All the best