“Enjoyed our stay”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #141 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at The Premier Inn County Hall with my two Children. Over all we enjoyed our stay very much. Firstly the location is perfect close to Westminster, London Eye and The Thames. Our family room (209) was spacsious and clean. the food in the Restaurant was Typical Premier Inn Fare Tasty and good value and all the staff we encountered were very good. Only one slight problem during our stay went to book for dinner with staff member at Self Service Check in who told us that the hotel was quiet and booking for dinner was not necessary. When we turned up for dinner The young lady in the restaurant said she could not give us a table as we had not booked. We were tired and hungry after a long day and I told her I was annoyed with the situation. She asked us to wait at the bar and to her credit had a table for us within ten minutes. The staff apologized for the mix up but during our meal we counted at least Ten empty tables around us. ?????. The following night we booked but quite a few of the menu items were not available. However this was only a small problem and I would certainly stay here again. Top Tip. Buy tickets for London Attractions In Advance. The Queues for Mdme Taussauds, Aquarium , And London Eye Tickets were very long if you buy combination tickets you get priority access and money off. This is a Very good hotel and good value

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kildareman1
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at County Hall and found the room clean and spacious. I apologise about the communication issue between the restaurant and our reception staff, but I am glad that we managed to accommodate you. We like to ensure that we always have enough waiting staff to deal with our guests, so even if the restaurant had free tables it is likely that it would have been at full capacity when we take into account the number of restaurant team members available. I will ensure I pass on your feedback directly onto our Restaurant Manager so that she is aware. Thank you for sharing your tip about the local attractions, I am sure many guests will find this helpful. I hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,651)

Reviewed 5 January 2012

stayed here after Christmas and over new year for 5 nights. The staff were supberb, helpful and polite. Nothing, however small was too much bother for them. Room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and sleep quality at night was among the best I have ever had. So quiet, if i hadnt met others at the lift I would have thought we were the only ones there! Very conviently placed for lots of attractions and 2 tube stations within a short walking distance - Waterloo and Westminster. I will definitely be staying here again and can thoroughly recommend it

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
EdTed, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and the comments regarding our staff are wonderful to hear. I am glad that you found our location convieniant and enjoyed the quality of our rooms and beds. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night and I can honestly say it was perfect. Room was spotless. Was very quiet. Only saw other guests when we went to breakfast, thought maybe we were the only ones there as it was so quiet! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and our five star rating. I am glad that you found your room to be spotless, this is the standard that we are striving to for all our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast experience with us and had a peaceful stay. I hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Late booking for a couple of nights after New Years Day. Booked the room via the web for £118/night for a double room. Great value!!! Alright we did not have a great view (only a courtyard) but I didn't book it for the view as we were in located smack bang in the middle of London and spent the days out and about.. Lovely and spacious, clean and frsh smelling, just what I need in a hotel room. Staff very helpful all the time, even when the Costa coffee machine packed up. Tried to fix it but had to refund my money. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your post New Year break with us and found our rates to be highly competitive. A large number of our rooms overlook in the inner courtyard to County Hall as you experienced, and I am glad your room was comfortable. I apologise that our costa machine was not working correctly when you visited however I am pleased that our staff dealt with the situation to your satisfaction. I hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We now always pick Premier as our chosen brand for short overnight stays due to the fact I feel that they do try hard to please the customer and offer you that essential "good night guarantee". We took advantage of the full package including the "meal deal" and thought this was good value for London. We personally had no complaints but I think the restaurant and bar did seem understaffed on the night we stayed and on our return from a night at the theatre it took my husband a good 10 minute wait to be served at the bar. Breakfast too was a little chaotic but more in part due to the large number of families stopping over and pleasing children isn't always easy! No problems with the room although I agree with another reviewer that the tea/coffee provisions are on the mean side and a small packet of biscuits wouldn't go amis! For us the bottom line is would we stay here again and the answer is yes.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased to hear that you had a good nights sleep with us in accordance with our brand promise. I am glad that you found the meal deal good value. Thank you for your feedback about our staff in the restaurant, I will make sure that this is passed on to our Restaurant Manager. We put a set amount of tea and coffee in the room to ensure that our room rates are as competitive as possible. However please dont hesititate to ask our reception team if you would like more of these products as we always keep a small supply. I hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We loved this hotel. We've stayed at various other Premier Inns but I would say that this was our best yet. The staff were really pleasant and helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable.

We don't usually eat in, preferring to find a restaurant of our own choice but due to the rather wet weather we had a meal in each night we were there. I can definitely recommend the restaurant as the food was of a good quality and well cooked.

Breakfast was a bit busy on the second morning of our stay but this was only to be expected as it was so near Christmas. The variety of dishes was very good.

We will certainly make a point of staying here the next time we are visiting London

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and our five star review. It was great to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I am glad that the weather prompted you to try our restaurant and that you found it great value for money and good quality. I hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was the first time we had brought our two little girls to London (they are 6 & 9) and we wanted somewhere central & PI County Hall more than fitted the bill! We had a very enjoyable couple of days there at the end of December. The hotel was a great base for us and we managed to fit loads of sight seeing in, including a trip on the London Eye as well as going to see "The Wizard of Oz" which was AMAZING!! Would definitely use this hotel again, the girls can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at County Hall and for giving us a five star rating. It was great to hear you had an enjoyable experience as a family and you managed to take full advantage of London and see a show. I hope to see you back again soon.