“Budget hotel near London Eye on the South Bank”

Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel
Ranked #134 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. Its at the rear of County Hall - an old, imposing building on the south bank of the Thames. Near Waterloo tube, London Eye, Royal Festival Hall, BFI and the National Theatre. If you like the location, but would rather a higher spec room (or better view!), the same building houses another hotel.

The rooms are typical Premier Inn - no surprises - the rooms are fairly large, and come with 30 mins free wifi. My room was clean and comfortable, but the secondary glazing didnt keep out the noise from unloading lorries in the central courtyard. Irons are hidden in a central store on each floor, and there are not enough to go around. Don't bother with breakfast here - there are lots of more interesting and better value places to go within a few minutes walk.

The budget status of the hotel is reflected in the number of staff - all friendly, but too busy to answer calls.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our rooms, central location and wifi. Thank you for your feedback about our irons, we are deploying extra ironing boards and irons to customer service areas at the moment so I hope this will remove this issue. If you get into difficulty you can phone our reception team on 5555 to assist you in locating an iron. Thank you for your feedback about our reception team, I will ensure that this is fedback to our reception manager so that we can build on our phone service. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Another lovely stay at the Premier Inn - quiet rooms and this time our room was huge! We were awaken every morning by some pigeons living behind our radiator outside - but that wasnt too bad.

Rooms were spotlessly clean every day, bathroom is always clean and modern, tea and coffee making facilities are replenished without fail, room is well lit, fans in the room help over summer.

We go to the Thyme Restaurant each time we stay at Premier Inn. It's getting worse and worse unfortunately. The food is very nice, but the service is simply terrible. We waited 1 hour after our starter for our main. (It's only microwaved - the waiter said)
Other couple had the lasagne and sent it back twice for it being too cold. The waiter came back and very cheekily said to the customer that he "stuck his finger in it and said it was hot" - not impressed.

I asked for my bill - and 15 mins later it came. This restaurant simply needs a good manager - i didnt see one that day.

Anyway, back to the hotel. The staff there are the nicest and most professional I have ever experienced at premier inn. Always willing to help and ensure you have a good stay.

Highly recommended.

1  Thank cd0282

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our rooms. Thank you for your feedback regarding our restaurant, the service you describe is simply unacceptable and I will be passing on your feedback direct to our restaurant manager and following this up. I am pleased that this experience would not stop you visiting us again and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Great Hotel, fantastic location, room with a great view, lovely bathroom, nice and clean, great breakfast, wished we had booked the meal deal, staff very helful and kind, our bill was a bit high at £356.80 for two nights but that is what you get for a great location.

Room Tip: Room number 402 great room for a family
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location, rooms and breakfast. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed here for the bank holiday weekend and it is great value for a city centre hotel. Five minutes from Waterloo and 5 minutes over the bridge into Westminster. Our family room was huge with a massive king bed and a full size bed for our 11 year old. Wheel chair adapted so everything was a little low down for my 6 foot plus husband but clean and fresh if a little hot on the 1st night. Breakfast, hot and plentiful, friendly staff who were very helpful.

Two small niggles, the lack of stairs, dont always want to get in the lift and the fact that we were turned away from a half empty restaurant on the 1st night as they were too busy !

Have stayed in the Park Plaza across the road at twice the price and would not hesitiate in recommending the Premier Inn,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location, room and breakfast. Thank you for your feedback about our stairs, we do have emergency stairs and these are sign posted from each of our floors. We also try to manage our restaurant in the best way in busy school holiday periods and part of this is advising guests when we so busy that it would effect our service in the restaurant. I regret that we were unable to accommodate you at this time but I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel for the first time for 3 nights from 29 August. Large room, very clean, good pillows and lovely white towels. A good nights sleep and then a great breakfast. In a great location with easy access to London sights. All the staff very helpful and friendly. Will stay here again when next visiting London.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location, rooms, breakfast and team. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Have had no problems here in the past but stayed one night last weekend which was incredibly noisy from hotel generators. Under the so called 'good night guarantee' I informed staff and contacted customer services. Have yet to receive a response - 1 week on.
I think the very least PI could do is respond to customer feedback. On the off chance that anyone from PI is reading this review my booking number was AKTR792805.
Must say that otherwise this hotel is well located with good service and a great place to stay for families.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and review. I regret that you did not enjoy your night at Premier Inn County Hall. Thank you for providing your reservation number, I will email you shortly regarding your stay and to work to restore your faith in our brand.

Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

love this hotel for service and location. staff were so helpful with request for change of room to overlook jubilee park for a special birthday. stayed here before and would stay again. location best in London with professional service to match. loved our stay. can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank betty327
Ed_Pyke, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London County Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback and review, I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed our central location and guest service. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.