This hostel is the WORST place I have ever seen in London. Even if the price and location are good, trust me, it will ruin your trip to London!
The whole place is disgusting = very dirty and unsafe.
- The bed rooms are very, very small. Carpets are dirty and the room has a strange smell. Pillows and blankets have a yellow colour and were also smelling horrible (I doubt they have ever been washed). Under the beds are lockers for your bags, however you just have to lift the bed (very easy) to steal things.
- Reception doesn't care about anything. They spend their time smoking outside instead of looking after the guests.
- There is no proper separated bathroom. So be prepared to brush your teeths in the corridor and to queue for the two showers and toilets.
I stayed there 2 nights and in the daytime someone broke off my padlock from my locker. Again, reception staff didn't care about anything!
I highly recommend you to stay away from this hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the oldest low budget hotels in London, the Museum has been helping weary backpackers and travellers loosen up since 1977! The location of this hostel makes it one of the best value hostels in London central. Right in front of the British Museum guests can access Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and Leicester Square in just 10 minutes. Definitely the best central London hostel.A cosy budget hostel split across two buildings near Russell Square, this low cost hotel doesn't feel much like it. With a recently renovated kitchen, new reception and revamped lounge. There are dozens of sights located so close to the hostel, and is best hostel to visit as much of London as you can take in! Otherwise stay indoors with your fellow residents and enjoy a good time in the kitchen or if weather permits on our small terrace. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Astor`s Museum Hotel London