“Small price, small room, Great location”
Review of Ebury House

and 1 more site!
Ebury House
Ranked #875 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Small price, small room, Great location”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

If you are looking for a very good location in London, 5 minutes from the Victoria bus and railways station and tube/subway, and you want to go cheap with breakfast, this is a good option.
Rooms are small but with LCD tv. Bathrooms are those plastic pre-built ones. Do you mind? I just had a quick shower, breakfast and ...gone to enjoy London!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank AnaliaK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Greek first
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Very cramped and noisy. Shared toilet and shower in the same room, so if someone was having a shower you couldn't go to the loo. The decoration wasn't particularly nice and the walls were very thin. My daughter and I had enough and we got out early. The price of it is definitively not worth it.

I think, the worst thing of this "hotel" is the shared shower and toilet!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Elizabeth B

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Leeds, UK
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Very small series of rooms. Had single on the ground floor. Bed was ancient and lumpy. The pillows weighed a ton - due to all the dust mites and their faeces that will have accumulated there because the hotel is dirty. I had to make a pillow from a towel as the pillows made me feel sick. Stained bed cover, smallest mouldy bathroom, TV only worked on 2 channels.

it was noisy with kids running around till midnight and a computer room.cupboard situated outside the door, so noisy i could hear keys being typed at 11.50pm and some stupid person reading tourists leaflets word for word, including the small print.

i also had bites on my torso from what i presume are bed bugs or fleas. All for the sum of £99. i've stayed in better hostels in india for £5 a night!

Call the authorities!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank hrh_princess_helena
Dublin Ireland
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This should not be called an hotel rather a series of rooms. Was on 4th floor - no lift and very narrow stairs and difficult to manage even with a small case. Met a disabled man and his wife trying to get up to 3rd floor and they said they had specifically asked for ground floor! The room was attic shaped and barely room to move around bad small bed. The TV was angled so not really visible unless you stood leaning against the wall! WIndow wouldn't shut but luckily it was a warm night. The bathroom!! It was terrible-toilet needed to be flushed when I arrived. Taps were loose and had unmatched tops . Only ONE towel slightly bigger than a hand towel. No Bath Mat but was not tempted to have a shower. Light cover in bathroom missing so bare bulb. Soap was a bottle on sink. I think this was once part of a bigger room as when someone walked in the room in front on 4th floor I really thought they were right beside me! No breakfast but cost was high for what I got 119 sterling.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank weddingguest09
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2010

was it the heavy cigarette smoke aroma that permeated the room - including the bed linens or the Barbie House of Dreams-sized bathroom. Entrance to the bathroom was barred partically by the protrusion of the sink so to get to the toilet, it required a deep knee bend and some fancy pivoting. Said toilet was postioned mid way into the shower which only dispensed a trickling of icy water. No phones in bedroom. cot like beds; I am 5'5" and my ankles protruded over the end. Depressing basement dining for Breakfast only. Dreadful egg accompanied by two heapings cold canned baked beans and canned stewed tomatoes. they should rate it as a hostel, not a hotel.

Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank nlb654
USA
Reviewed 9 May 2009

This is not the Ritz but it is extremely convenient. being very near Victoria Station and an easy walk to Buckingham Palace. Breakfast is not included but there are lots of places to choose from close by and 2 of those offer discounts for guests of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was recently renovated with fresh paint and a new laminate floor. Definitely an excellent value for basic accomodation.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Visitor051
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2007

I was amused at the reviews I have seen on this hotel. There seemed to be mixed reactions. I felt it was nice enough for the type of hotel that it is - namely, a youth hostel type. I found out about it on the youth hostel website. I did think the rates listed were slightly misleading - it listed its cheapest rate as 25 pounds, when I got there they said the only room available was one for three people which cost 48 pounds. Plus there was a 1 pound plus charge for using my checkcard. It was on the 5th floor or a tiny row-house type building so I had to walk up 4 flights of steps. Neverthless it looked nice enough. It apparently is under new management and has been renovated recently - looked like it had a new paint job. For my purposes I think I am just as happy to walk up since I can do it and I feel more secure that way. They had a bathroom on each floor and there were three small rooms on my floor. The other two rooms filled up - I think one of them may have had their own bathroom. The people I saw seemed very nice. The bathroom was small but adequate. However when I took a shower the water was only lukewarm. The great advantage to this is its location - it is on the next block from Victoria Coach Station and a couple of blocks from Victoria Rail Station. As I understand that London is very pricey I suppose it is a good buy considering. All I wanted was a place to spend the night as I was leaving early next morning and for that purpose it was adequate. They did not include breakfast but Victoria Coach station has lots of fast-food type places inside the station-I especially recommend the ham and cheese pasty for 1pound35. Also there is a small grocery store beside the station. If I go to London again I probably will try something else but it is good to keep in mind in case I need an inexpensive place to stay next to the station.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo