New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Queensway Hotel

Queensway Hotel
Ranked #839 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Victoria, Canada
“Noisy and extra small room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

This hotel is in a nice area very close to paddington train but it stops there. The outside is very posh looking for sure. The bed was comfortable and clean but the room is very small. We had two large suitcases and found it difficult to find a place to put them. The air was stuffy and hot and until late in the night you can hear doors slamming. The walls are very thin as well. We were not able to sleep very well even though we were tired. The staff was fine and the breakfast was adequate. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends and I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be all mostly small except the top floors perhaps.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This location is super only 2 blocks from Paddington station and easy connect to all of London. The first night room they put me in (a 4 night stay) was the size of a postage stamp, room 307, no place for luggage unless you slept with it. I was moved to a larger room I was traveling solo. They expected you to use the same small bath towels your entire visit and I suspect that the bath was not cleaned every day. The price was very good and the location was the best. Beds not comfortable and the pillows were like sleeping on rocks. The photos make the rooms look much larger.

Room Tip: Avoid room 307 and guessing 207 also in the 149 address bldg, 147 is connected to 149.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Woodland1
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I'd like to think I'm an easy-going person and traveller and can handle quirky hotels. But to get to my 4th floor room I needed to get off on the 3rd floor and bring myself and my suitcase up 2 additional staircases-one a bit steep.
The location in terms of Paddington (which is why I chose this location) was great. The staff were nice and the breakfast was ok but if you get assigned to the top floor, be prepared.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TessM
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I travelled with my 8-year old son to London as a part of a trip to UK to see a football match. We were looking for a reasonably priced one-night stay so that we could discover as much of the city as we could, even if we had very little time.

The hotel are just 2 blocks off the Paddington underground and train station, which is very practical. The area has its fair share of restaurants and shops. There's a bit of traffic noise, but keep your window closed and you're okay. From Sunday to Monday, we paid around €100 which I think is an ok price.

The hotel is a typical Basewater area tourist hotel, and due to its size I think it does have that "personal" feel to it. It's kind of basic. Staff was very helpful and friendly. When we left I forgot some items in our room and had to come back to get it - not a problem.

The room we had was fairly large, so if you stay in London for a few days and you do some shopping, you'll have good enough space for your new stuff. TV set was a bit old and not too many channels, no childrens tv which would have been good. I have also seen cleaner rooms, but it was very far from being filthy. I't okay but not more.

For that price it's good value for money and I'll consider staying there for our next London visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Dagers
Whanganui, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great location - 4 minute walk to Paddington Station and shops; and a little longer walk to Hyde Park. Clean twin room with good shower in the ensuite. Free wireless internet a bonus. Breakfast staff were brilliant and happily toasted our gluten-free bread each morning. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms close to and on the same level as reception have good wireless connection
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great location near Paddington station (lots of tube connections and direct train to Heathrow) and Hyde Park. Very friendly staff that let us check in early when we arrived at 8:30am. Very clean, quiet, nice breakfast included. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in september with my boyfriend. I don't know about the rest of the hotel but we stayed on the 4th floor and in our room(403) there was some kind of generator in the ceiling above the bed which started to make loud washingmashine-like noises every time someone in the other rooms turned on their water (during the night as well, yes). This was really annoying! The bathroom was really small as well. We stayed 5 nights and towels were not changed once. In addition it seems the cleaning was a bit poor (see picture attached).

The one good thing about the hotel was the location. It is located in a very nice area and only 2 minute walk to the tube station "Paddington" with some nice restaurants and pubs nearby.

I would definitive reccomend Paddington as an area to stay but not this hotel. If you absolutly want to stay there, stay away from noisy room 403!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 4th floor, in particular room 403.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaLa85

Travellers are raving about these London hotels