See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Great location and one receptionist very nice
Everything else room/bathroom/housekeepers just not like hotel
dirty room old furnitures loud reception (because of receptionist like watching tv or play music and I could hear everything from my room )staff shouting to each other ...oh just bad
Feel like I wasted 4 days I didn’t rest in this place wouldn’t back there again

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank y0la123
Reviewed January 14, 2018

This place is way worse than you'd guess from the pictures. We were warned it would be "basic" but that doesn't describe what met us. We didn't expect anything fancy, and have stayed in various hostels before, but this was next level horrible. It should be criminal to charge people to stay at this "hotel". There was intense heat from a radiator that couldn't be switched off, so it was burning hot and we still slept with our clothes on, because of the state of the sheets and the room. There were hairs from previous guests in the bathroom, and various other traces of other people in the main room, the sheets were not changed when housekeeping was by, although some of them were clearly dirty, they just made the beds without changing them. It was so dirty, unpleasant and stressful to live here we didn't even make it through our full stay - we had to get another hotel. There are no "don't disturb" signs either, so housekeeping just barged straight into our room without knocking. When we tried to check out early we were told to just leave the key and leave, no need to register who's checking out. It made me question if housekeeping was notified when new guests would be arriving and when to change sheets. I would guess not, from the looks of things when we arrived. The people who worked there could not care less, and got angry when asked questions (We asked maybe two - for internet and where our room was). We tried to see the humour in the absurd placements of rooms, the old, broken interior and the staff, but it was too dirty and depressing for us to be able to do it. We stayed there as little as absolutely possible and it was still a living nightmare. I can't find the words to describe how bad this hotel is, but if you're considering booking this hotel - don't.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thejojobean
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on Dec 15th and had no problems at all. I forgot my e ticket for winter wonderland and the lady let me re print it which was great. Our room was basic but fine, we had hot water and a bed for the night which is all we wanted really. It was right by Hyde Park and Queensway tube and car park. We parked up and went to winter wonderland, stayed at Apollo over night and then travelled round london the next day site seeing. I was on top floor at Apollo with 3 kids, husband and granny and we all slept fine and left in the morning. After reading the reviews I was worried but for £88 a night central london it was fine! Breakfast was ok too, croissants were fine, and kids had the cereal, I would stay again. No issues

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank paulais21
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Dirty,Dangerous,Under equipped. This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed people drugs in reception area no clean beds/bedding live electric cables hanging out of the wall next to bed no hot water no plugs dirty bath don't close the door because you won't make it out. Dirty washing from previous guests/hostages dirty food and drinks in the room. No light bulbs staff showed us 2 more rooms when complained saying they were there best these were worse than ours, so the reception gave us 5 keys to check if we could find ourselves a clean room we didnt. Breakfast avoid soup kitchens give better food drink and service. There was no manager to talk to. Fire safety issues missing signs painted over signs missing equipment very dangerous.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights at a place loosely described as a hotel and what is possibly the worst hotel in the whole city.

As we arrived all the seats in the foyer were taken by people sleeping.

Check-in is 3pm but we had to wait an extra 10 minutes as our room wasn't ready. We booked a twin room but instead we got a room with a single bed and two bunkbeds.

To name just a few things that were wrong with the place...

Dirty. Smelly, TV has no signal, Wi-Fi only works in the foyer. No bar. The carpet is filthy and raised up in the corner and there's a soiled bit of toilet roll hiding under it. Thick dust everywhere. Sanitary towel wrapper in the bathroom cupboard. No toilet roll in the bathroom. No duvets, just thin sheets. Half the lights don't work. But perhaps the worst thing of all is the bed bugs!

The included breakfast was just cold croissants, bread rolls and bits of cornflakes. The tea urn was empty. The breakfast room was dark, dated and dirty.

As we went down in the lift a cleaner joined us with bags full of rubbish and dirty linen. She couldn't even wait for the next lift.

I'd refrain from recommending anyone else to book at the Apollo Hotel Bayswater. It's definitely the last time I'll ever book at this hotel. Frankly I'm very disgusted.

Only good point, Hyde Park is just a couple of minutes away.

Trip type: Travelled with friends