“Great location and hotel”

Grange White Hall Hotel
Ranked #595 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. It is in a great location. The staff were very helpful. I booked through the Grange website and found the rates to be a lot more favourable than on other websites with a complimentary breakfast which was ideal to start you off for the day. I have stayed previously at Grange hotels (Holborn and St Paul's) I preferred this one to the Grange Holborn which was very impersonal. I received an upgrade to an executive room. This was a good sized room which I was very happy with and very pleased with the gesture.

Room Tip: 203 was a very good twin room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange White Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased you enjoyed the personal, friendly atomosphere of the Grange White Hall Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We visited on Saturday 5th August and stayed for one night.
This hotel is situated in a lovely are of London. Formerly a Georgian town house it has retained any original features and even has a rear garden where guests can relax...Very rare in London. The reception staff were helpful and courteous as indeed was every staff member who dealt with us!!! I was very impressed..so professional.
The hotel and room were spotlessly clean. The street where the hotel is situated has retained many original features and is like a street scene from the film "Oliver"
The hotel..staff..food..scenery are fab and we will definately be going back for more
Sincere Thanks to all of the staff who work so hard to make your stay special

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange White Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review. Your comments, particularly in relation to our staff, are very much appreciated.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My bestfriend and I stayed at this hotel- I have previously stayed at the grange Holborn Hotel where my stay was very lovely. However, this branch is not worth the stay. We payed over £150 only when we checked it, we realised the room did not have AC. There was a fan available but it was blowing warm air- I was not impressed. Apart from that, the room was fine. Also during the night, it is very noisy which I did not expect as its not really a main road. Also, in the morning the breakfast was very poor. With most of the options not available and they kept running back and forth from the kitchen. I will not recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Suzia89

We are sorry that your expectations were not fully satisfied on this occasion.
The majority of guest reviews find the hotel to be quiet and in a quiet location.
We are pleased to know though that you enjoyed your stay at the Grange Holborn Hotel. All your comments have been noted.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

As regular Grange Hotel users was slightly disappointed in our one night stay for a birthday treat.

Room very small, including the executive double we were upgraded too, no air circulation or air conditioning in room and fan just moved warm air around.

Noisy street throughout night, including bin collection at 7am on a Sunday!

Limited choice compared to other Grange hotels at breakfast

On a positive note staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful, room clean and location good for exploring London.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange White Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion. We hope that you will return to one of our other hotels that you prefer in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This is quite a small hotel situated in the Bloomsbury location of London. Breakfast had a good choice/selection, catered for vegetarians and celiacs there was a small bar in the hotel, it was quite central to get to Euston station. Tottenham court road tube was just around the corner as was the British Museum. I can definitely recommend Tas Restaurant (Turkish) just up on the corner from the museum. Over the road at the back of The Scotch shop is a lovely pub called Truckles I can certainly recommend the olives.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found the breakfast catering for vegetarians and celiacs as well to be good. We hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Boutique hotel with decent breakfast.
Beds are good but I was told I was "upgraded" to a superior executive suite, only to find a room with a tiny bathroom where opening the door and be inside is a challenge!
Warning: if you arrive anytime before at least 2, they won't check you in.
Personnel at reception is nice and good garden (with turf) for events.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We hope that you will return on a future trip to London.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Having stayed at various grange hotels in and around Holborn I have left rather disappointed by this latest stay. Ok it was a rather hot July day but the room did not have any air conditioning. There was a fan but this didn't work and there was no replacement to provided despite informing them minutes after arrival into the room. TV didn't work for a period of time. Room was ok

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil L
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange White Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

I am pleased that you have tried various Grange Hotels on several previous occasions and been satisfied with your stay.
I apologise that your expectations were not however satisfied on this occasion.
Your comments have been noted and will be passed on the hotel's General Manager to address and monitor internally to ensure that the high standards of facilities and services more usually associated with the Grange Hotels are maintained and improved.
We hope that you will consider staying again in one of our hotels on a future occasion.