“WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD”

Milestone Apartments
Ranked #542 of 908 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 5 August 2011

It is a TRAP, don't book this hotel never. They don't honor what is agreed and give you a smelly and terrible room. Never book this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Guest123London

Reviewed 4 August 2011

has to be the worst experince i have ever had with a hotel. after booking the hotel i read a few reviews on the net and many was saying they over book and move bookings to other hotels in the area thought everything would have been ok until i turned up. yes they said there was no rooms and they tried moving us to another hotel. overall it took several hours to sort out the situation and in the end i found myself with nowhere to stay at 5pm on a friday in london. to make matters worse we had a show booked for 5pm which we missed costing us £70. when booking the hotel we had to provide a card to confirm the booking but it was stated that no charges would be made until booking in but they decided to charge the card the week before we travelled which i didnt notice. it was a good job i had money in my account at the time. did get my money back for the hotel but they didnt bother about the show that i missed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank enzuk1
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Rest in the hotel at this time, although it can hardly be called rest. Booked a hotel for 4 months, enjoyed the photos, it is actually not the case. After the arrival of manager has offered to pay £ 20 per night and showed the room - you sat down here, like the room is not bad, but then we were asked to rise on the third floor room number 12. Me and my wife settled in the room designed for one person in the attic. Number of hideous, the door will not open, rest on a bed, sink in the bathroom no more palms, hair dryer available. Table, where you can eat absent completely, and had to sit there on the stairs leading to the room. The hotel manager had promised to relocate us in the room, which we ordered first two days, then three days later, then offered to move with the return of the remaining amount of money. And the money is removed as per apartment. Towels changed only after five days and then at our request. We travel a lot, were in different countries, but with this attitude and the service encounter for the first time. Every day at the construction work going on across the street and inside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank white1171
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We booked a Saturday night at Mount Mansions local to the two day Irish music festival at Finsbury Park. We were kept waiting on arrival only to be told they had a sanitation soil pipe problem so great that our room was unusable. We were ferried miles away from Finsbury Park to another apartment (told it was an upgrade, LOL) which was very awkward for the park and was literally unfinished in places, also extremely noisy throughout the night with what sounded like bins of bottles being regularly emptied close to our window. Arrangements for getting us to the festival kept changing, no staff available, we waited over an hour just to check out, got a receipt for £145, only to find two days later they took £150.07, an extra £5.07 for use of credit card.
An unpleasant experience, strongly advise others avoid, we certainly will.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavidVicki_11
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We booked a room two months in advance in order to be close to a festival at Finsbury Park. despite the reviews, we foolishly thought we would be ok. However, on arrival we were told they didnt have a room for us, due to flooding. This is despite taking the money form my account a week before. The actually rooms looked ok (my partner used the loo in one) however the outfit is obviously working a scam of double booking. They refunded us but to be honest that wasnt the point. When we arrived we met another couple who had also had the same issue. They had come from Ireland and had to stay elsewhere for two nights.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LKS2011
Reviewed 12 June 2011

stayed here for one week it is a disgrace it is a death trap
PLEASE speak to the islington fire brigade and planning office they will confirm this as they did to me
the management will con you by charging you more for a room that you have already booked and then they will try putting you in a room smaller than a shoe box with no windows.
then to rub salt in the wounds will take money from your account when you have left in my case £2400 as well as other hotel companies taking hundreds of pounds which i suspect are all connected. the management become invisible when trying to contact them i am now pursuing them for fraud.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank dax_cat
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I was sent here after being rehoused from Langham Apartments - the "water problem" exuse. I was sent in a free car which I had to pay for. I was lied to in being told it was in walking distance from the original hotel. My credit card had been debited beforehand which was not what I had agreed to. the room was ok on the ground floor. But not the area I wanted to stay in. Even more important I left after two nights at this hotel as I was actually worried for my safety as the other guests were drunk (or worse) noisy and violent. I was worried for my own safety. I did not sleep at all during two nights and finally checked out after 2 days instead of 3. My business trip was ruined. . I asked for a refund given I had left during the insecure conditions and the fact I had had no sleep but this hotel has no client service. The phone is never answered and emails go unanswered. If you have a choice between this place (or langham apartments) and the street choose the street. I am now waiting to ensure my credit card has not been ripped off as I really do not trust this whole operation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business