“Reasonable accommodation”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #379 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A good steady no frills hotel in the Fitzrovia area so convenient for Northern Line (Warren Street) and Circle and Hammersmith & City line (Portland Place). Some great restaurants in the area down Charlotte Street - a bit of a walk. Local eateries are a bit ordinary.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Sakr_12
Simon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Sakr_12

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

I agree, the hotel has such a fantastic location and is within minute’s walk of most of the major tube lines of London. Be sure to contact our friendly and knowledgeable concierge team for all the best restaurants within the local area and in central London next time you visit.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Booked this hotel as we are familiar with the Group and the price was reasonable. The outside looks like 60s concrete but this exterior is hiding a modern interior. The staff were attentive to our needs for the time we were there and nothing was too much trouble. We did not use the restaurant but it looked pleasant and the Barclay-Devine styled open until after midnight. Just walkable from Euston and Kings Cross but I would recommend taking the Underground (2 minutes walk away) or a taxi. It is also in a nice area for general walks.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear AlanBD,

Thank you very much for you valuable comments.

I am very pleased to hear that our team was attentive and that nothing was too much trouble, great to see this effort noticed by our guests.

You are certainly right about the area, with such a great location so close to Oxford street and Regent’s Park so handy it is a very nice area to walk.

Please return soon as our Lobby refurbishment will enhance the interior and comfort of the hotel even more.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My stay at this hotel was frankly dreadful, in sharp contrast to a previous stay last year... :-(( Firstly the initial room I was given had deeply ingrained brown stains on several areas of the carpet, which seemed rather fresh. As I had a late check-in I was too tired to switch straight away. The next day I received a lovely letter advising me that I should change rooms to get a better one. As I came back late I only went down to front desk to change rooms the following morning, although the room was so unpleasant I could hardly sleep that night.
However, as soon as I went to front desk the next morning the real trouble started... When I asked to change rooms following receipt of the letter and having given my room number I was immediately asked for my credit card in a very grumpy tone. I re-mentioned the room problem and again instead of apologising and immediately offering a new room the credit card - that front staff had forgotten to ask me for on arrival - was again requested. The staff member then said that she could give me a new room once I came back with my credit card...
I mentioned that I'd like to check the new room first and she begrudgingly agreed and a kind concierge accompanied me. The room offered was only a little better than the original one so the concierge kindly phoned down and I was finally given a much more pleasant room. The concierge asked me to pack and phone front desk and then he would come and help me move... This was a relief as I had an urgent business meeting. When I got back to my original room I found a letter already from the rude front desk staff member reminding me to give my credit card to front desk as I had a £5 internet usage charge. This letter had been written and deposited in the room in the brief interval between visiting the new room and coming back to my original one.
Having packed I phoned front desk and asked for the concierge to move me as agreed. He didn't arrive. I couldn't move on my own as I didn't have the new key. However, 10 minutes' later, I received another front desk call asking me again to explain the situation. They then agreed to send up the concierge. I then waited a further 10 minutes with no sign of the concierge and I suspected he hadn't been given the message. So I phoned front desk again. This time the phone just rang out and rang out and wasn't even answered... So I was stuck in the old room, being ignored by front desk for a good 25 minutes thus risking me missing the business meeting I had come all the way to London for... Fortunately a kind cleaner was in the corridor and she was able to sort out the problem, phone down, give me my new room keys, etc. Without her help I dread to think how much longer I would have had to wait with my calls being ignored.
When I finally switched rooms and went to front desk to give the staff member who had been so excessively rude to me my credit card she asked sweetly how the new room was. When I said fine apart from the 25 minute wait, she apologised and said that she had forgotten my room number and had sent the concierge to the wrong floor. This was hard to believe given that she had addressed a letter to the correct room only a short time earlier and the concierge knew which floor I was on... It was clear she was simply being rude to a customer she didn't want to help.
I will never come back to this Holiday Inn and I would discourage my business network from doing the same.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank frankie261

Dear Frankie261,

I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your case was bought to my attention and was discussed at length in our managers meeting. The carpet stains in your original room have been looked at and have been deep cleaned and removed. I am glad that we took measures to rectify the issue by sending you a letter, and we have spoken to the team about the execution of moving rooms and how to improve this and minimise the inconvenience to you, our guest.

With regards to the credit letter that was also sent, although it is not mandatory to leave credit card details with us on check in, we do remind guests if there are charges outstanding on their bill. This is to minimise the disruption to you upon check out.

Our reception manager spoke to you upon check out and apologised for the issues that you experienced throughout your stay, she has also apologised on behalf of the staff member who came across as rude to you. I can assure you Francine that this is certainly not the intention of any of our team and our reception will try to do all they can to rectify any issues that arise during our guests stay.

Our reception manager also handed her business card to you upon check out to contact her to assist with anything further, however in addition please contact me so I can personally further discuss.

I look forward to speaking to you soon and hopefully seeing you around the hotel again.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Once again this Hotel didn't let me down. A good price on priceline, super service and a nice location - what more can you ask? The rooms are not huge, but they are well looked after, very clean and the staff are super. Nothing is too much trouble. I am only ever here for 1 or 2 days so the size of the room is not an issue, the beds are comfortable, choice of pillows, good selection of TV programmes, in room drinks / fridge if you want it (I don't but it's there) Nice bar and breakfast for those that want it - I have in the past it's good, but cheaper and more varied breakfast can be had in the local eateries around the Hotel. This is a big bonus - so many nice places close at hand to try. An easy walk to GT Portland St tube, not far to Oxford st on foot and plenty of bus options. If the price is right - it's hard to beat for a couple of days in London. It doesn't look a lot from outside, but you are staying on the inside.The staff are extremely helpfull - that is worth a lot in it's self.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
32  Thank Martin D

Dear MartinDNottingham,

Thank you very much for you kind feedback.

I appreciate your comments about our extremely helpful staff and the very clean rooms, our team will be delighted to hear your comments and very proud I’m sure.

Be sure to visit our website as well for the best rate, guaranteed.

It’s always a pleasure to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed in this hotel for two nights.
Staff were friendly and welcoming and the whole hotel was very clean.

Prices for room /bar service rather high but this hotel is ideally positioned for all central london attractions and well worth the price.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank thepieshop66

Dear thepieshop66,

Thank you very much for your comments.

The location of the hotel is great as you have mentioned, unfortunately due to high demand periods this does fluctuate the price of the hotel room sometimes, however please visit our website for the best rate guaranteed and other great packages. It is great to read about our friendly and welcoming staff as well.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Our first visit to regents park holiday inn - we booked with saga and our first choice - Bloomsbury was full. The hotel was excellent we had dinner on one night and the choice and standard of food was outstanding value for a central london hotel.
A big thank you to the duty manager Sahim Elsafri who organised an access room to make our stay more comfortable and took very good care of us during our stay. Great Portland St tube is 3 minutes walk from the hotel and there are plenty of restaurants and a sainsburys local nearby. Fantastic value for money - the rooms are average London size spotlessly clean and comfortable beds. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a long walk from the lifts/stairs.Ask about this when you book. All the rooms...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank citybreakladies

Dear citybreakladies,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Sahim was delighted to read that you had recognised his efforts, which we have also praised him for.
I am particularly glad to read that you enjoyed your city break and that it was fantastic value for money.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Holiday Inn Regent's Park. This was our second visit to this hotel.

The location is excellent -- very close to the Underground and Regent's Park and walking distance to Oxford Circus, Regent's Street, the British Museum, and Covent Garden, The hallways are a bit battered and the carpets in the corridors are stained: They definitely need a makeover, but don't let this scare you off. The room titself was clean though the bathroom was quite small. In general, it's a very nice hotel at a very reasonable price for central London.

On Sunday the breakfast room was crowded and there were long lines, but there were no problems the rest of our five-night stay. Breakfast was excellent. In addition to the hot and cold buffet, one can request cappucino, kippers, porridge, and kedgeree -- all were well prepared.

Our only complaints: not all the staff members were equally helpful. Our room was booked through British Airways and was for two adults and a child of 14. One does not want to be met upon arrival with the greeting: "Oh, you can't stay here! The rooms are for two people!". (Our stay had been booked months ahead and had been confirmed by the hotel!!!). This is not the way to greet customers who are checking into a hotel. Fortunately, the problem was sorted out -- but this staff member's attitude was all wrong. Another staff member thought that the cappucinos at breakfast cost extra (they didn't). The hotel should endeavor to inform their staff members better.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
33  Thank Unhappy14

Dear Unhappy14,

I appreciate your feedback.

I agree the location of the hotel is great and very handy to a lot of London’s attractions. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. This has recently been upgraded due to customer feedback and includes addition menu items on the cold and hot buffet selection and a selection of made to order items from Monday to Friday at no extra charge!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your check in experience as well, and I must apologise for the way this may have come across. I’m sure it was never the intention of our typically friendly and helpful team members. I will be sure to mention your comments in our next managers meeting to make sure that all staff members are well informed about our new breakfast items and to reiterate our service agreements.

Once again thank you very much for you valuable feedback and I hope to see you around the hotel in the future.