“Fresh, good location”

Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park
Ranked #382 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed here with a friend of mine during 2 nights. We both thought our room was fresh and the staff in reception was also nice.

I'd stay there again, it was good value, nice location both near Oxford Street and the Regents Park subway station for traveling around the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Baines47

Dear Baines47,

Thank you for your review.

It's great to read that our staff are friendly and that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad that you mentioned the value which is also very important when selecting a hotel.

I do hope to see you around the hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed in June 2012 for the second time. Standard up to the usual high standard,by a well trained , organised,friendly and helpfull staff. This hotel is central to london with a choice of 3 underground stations close . The restaurant is very good value and the food choice is also quite good.Stayed in other areas of London but this is so convenient ,Oxford street is only 10 minutes walk and Regents Park just over 5 minutes walk.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExcellentCardiff

Dear ExcellentCardiff,

Thank you for your comments.

It's great that you noted that our staff are organised, friendly and helpful. We have been doing a lot of work internally to make sure that our guest's leave happy.

It's also great to read that you enjoyed your time in our restaurant, we have just launched a Great British menu which has been a hit.

I hope to seeing you around the hotel soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 30th April until 5 May. I have had to wait until now to post a review of this hotel since Im a repeat visitor and tripadvisor wont allow repeat reviews of the same hotel.

My positive comments about this hotel are that the staff on this occasion were excellent. They were all very pleasant and were really helpful. The breakfast was excellent and I opted to have freshly made items rather than the standard buffet. The choice of items available to be freshly made was very impressive. The room that I Was staying in was adequate for one person however as I have posted in the past, it's a squeeze for two people. The neighbouring streets are quite quiet. There is a tube station within a minute or two walk from the hotel, a couple of express supermarkets and Oxford St is walkable. I ate int he hotel restaurant a number of times and the evening meals were very good and are much better than normal hotel restaurant food.

On the downside, I was staying for a training course and I was woken up during the night immediately prior to the morning of my exam. The noise from the guests in the room next door was very loud. Two men were talking loudly and I rang their room to ask them to be quiet. It was obvious that soundproofing between rooms is very inadequate. I could easily hear the phone ring in their room. Since they wouldnt be quiet I had to phone reception and ask them to sort out the problem. To be fair the receptionist came up to their room which was pleasing - considering it was 130am. This action was sufficient to quieten them down. Unfortunately whilst this event is somewhat outside of the hotels control it did mean that my exam didnt go well because I have been awake for around an hour by the time i dozed off to sleep. The following night, thr last of my stay, the fire alarm went off at around 3am, resulting in the fire service attending and all guests being forced to vacate rooms for about 30 minutes. The hotel informed us that a guest room smoke detector had been triggered. Again I realise that the two events were as a result of guest action and there is little the hotel can do to prevent this sort of thing. It was surprising that these two event occurred since this is a Holiday Inn after all not a low end hostal or cheap hotel.

On reflection I would stay at this hotel again despite the above since it was the guests causing the issues not the hotel itself. The staff were very pleasant and helpful as I have said. Unfortunately as a Platinum Priority Club member I didnt get an upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear lfc84,

Thank you for your response.

It's always great to hear from our regular guests, and I am glad that you have mentioned some great points such as the location and the restaurant experience.

I must apologise that you did not get a great nights rest, whilst we have very regular checks of the floors throughout the night to ensure that any noise is contained, it seems in this case we did not catch the guests in time. The fire alarm was obviously not planned; however thank you for your understanding in what is a very difficult situation.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We will always book this hotel when we stay in London, if the price is right. The hotel is very close to Great Portland Street and a short walk to Warren Street underground - depending where you want to go. Rooms are not huge (but it is London), but they are very comfortable. This hotel is very quiet, as itis just off the main road. There are good places to eat which you can walk to.

Room Tip: I'm on the e-mail list for the Holiday Inn group,so I know when they have good offers - we won...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Beverley_11,

Thank you for your review.

It's great to hear that you return to our property and remember that when shopping for rates there is a best rate guarantee on our website.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We had this on a show and stay basis for our wedding anniversary . We were greatest by friendly staff and our room
Was upgraded which was lovely . Our room wanted for nothing and was cozy. Breakfast choice was ample and left us full for the rest of the day. We were apprehensive about staying here due to bad reviews , all we can say is we had no complaints what so ever and would highly recommend !

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Montymaxq,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us and congratulations on the anniversary.
It's great to see that you were upgraded free of charge due to the occasion.

I'm glad you decided to stay with us and experience for yourself how great our service and hotel really is.

I look forward to seeing you around the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Regents Park for 3 nights in late March, early April. My opinion is a very favorable one.

After babysitting this site and Tripadvisor and reading all of the reviews I emailed the management to "check in" and let them know we were coming. I received an immediate and pleasant reply, not only confirming our reservation, welcoming us, and upgrading our room to an executive room (not much diff I don't think). When we arrived the hotel staff was more than pleasant and welcoming. Check in was a breeze and we were shown right up to our room with no issue.

Cost...I don't know if it was expensive or not. We booked through AAA and paid $1211 for 2 rooms for 4 persons for 3 nights.

Location...perfect. We were in walking distance to the Great Portland Tube station that took us everywhere we needed to go. The surrounding area has mini markets, and plenty of food options.

The rooms were Europe small but CLEAN, very pleasant and welcoming. It was a simple, efficient room that contained all we needed. The hotel also gives you free bottles of water each day which we appreciated. The hotel lives up to its advertisement on their website. The TV was very nice and had my most favorite thing about the hotel...the wake up call was in the TV. I was a little stressed about getting up on time to make it to our tours and was happy that the TV had a wonderful wake up call option. The bed was more than comfortable. The only issue we had with the room was, on day 2 the hot water stopped working. I think there were some plumbing issues because we received notice that the water would be off that evening... We called housekeeping and they were not able to fix our room, but my mother being the "adamant" person that she is, demanded assistance until her hot water was fixed and she was happy.

Internet is NOT free and expensive, but walk around the corner and there is a Starbucks and a couple other places that offer free Wi-Fi.

Breakfast was awesome and ample! It's a mix between an English breakfast and an American breakfast...only issue is one morning we asked for an omelet with tomatoes, onion, mushroom etc (a veggie omelet) and they brought us a ham and cheese omelet.

The concierge was soooo awesome and very helpful to us in our navigation from the hotel. They arranged cabs, provided directions and recommendations for food. Speaking of which, our number one dining experience in London was recommended by the concierge...try Shikara (Indian) which is in walking distance and phenomenal! There was one morning we had an early tour and had great difficulty getting a cab and we were not assisted by the concierge, we ended up finding our way there via the Tube.

Check out, we checked out very early since we had to catch the 5:40am train to Paris and we hit a few bumps here. First the positives, no problem with the check out process. We were paid in full in advance and had no extras. The night before, the front desk collaborated with the restaurant to have a packed cold breakfast ready for all four in our party for that morning to eat on the train...awesome! We had arranged for a cab the night before, but there was no cab and no concierge. The cab that was procured for us was a little sketchy. It was like a personal cab that charged an arm and a leg, and only took cash which we did not have. We were frantic to get to our train but were forced to stop by a fee gouging atm to pay for the cab. The cabbie and the guy at the desk who arranged it were unsympathetic. Then the cabbie dropped us off several blocks before the station...grant it we were a bit anxious so the ill experience was heightened, but something to be aware of if you have an early check out.

I will not only stay here again, but based on our experience have booked another reservation with the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank kamelinaa

Dear kamelinaa,

Thank you very much for your review.

It's great to see that our Guest Relations department are looking after you and prepared for your arrival. I do agree with you the location is fantastic for both business and leisure visits.

It's great to read that you had a great breakfast experience; this has recently changed to include more menu items.

Our concierge will be very proud to read your comments; it's always great to read that they do a fantastic job.

I have also noted your taxi experience departing our hotel and I have placed a call to our affiliate company to make sure that this does not happen again.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I enjoyed my 5 nights at Holiday Inn Regent's Park. Room was extremely clean and well kept. Houskeeping service was excellent. Breakfast buffet was the BEST and beautifully presented. Internet connection was quite expensive...recommend having free connection in the lobby or public areas for those who just need to check e-mails and keep in touch with folks back home. The location is about two blocks from Great Portland Street Tube Station, and there are plenty of restaurants and pubs just around the corner from the hotel. I enjoyed my time at Holiday Inn Regents Park.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Dear EJDMyrtleBeach_SC,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on the comments to our housekeeping team, I am sure they will be very proud to read also.

I hope to see you around the hotel very soon.