“Very nice and local fish and chips”

The Laughing Halibut
Ranked #1,036 of 24,678 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: Typical fish and chip restaurant and takeaway in the heart of Westminster.
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

We found this place accidentally and decided to give it a try! I ordered a calamari with chips and it was excellent!!! The burgers were not so great though. The staffs were very nice giving us tips on which sauce to go with which kind of food!! If you like fish and chips it is a good place to go to!

1  Thank Leah C

Reviewed January 27, 2018

Over many years (decades even) I must have sampled almost all the noted fish and chip establishments in central London.

There are plenty of good ones, but I always gravitate back to the Halibut when I want a plateful that really feeds that particular craving that only properly prepared British fish and chips can satisfy.

This may only look like a dead basic chippie but the quality and consistency is rock solid and both the fish and the chips are pretty much perfect in the traditional manner. No fancy stuff here, just the real deal that hits the spot every time.

2  Thank StewpotG
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Chose this fish and chip place because of it was close to Westminster Abbey. I wasn't disappointed. This was my first British Fish and Chips.

1  Thank 1Michellej925
Reviewed January 24, 2018

The day we ate here there was a street fair of some sort going on outside. The restaurant was pretty busy but food came reasonably quickly. I had the halibut but saw several people who ordered the cod and that looked like bigger pieces of fish.

1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Lovely place for a truly fish & chips near St. James Park station and the park.
Fresh, tasty and delicious! I will come back for sure!