“Not a bad choice”

Ranked #1,042 of 25,047 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: Typical fish and chip restaurant and takeaway in the heart of Westminster.
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I have stopped in several times and never been disappointed. Freshly prepared and reasonably priced. That said, I do prefer Masters at Waterloo.

1  Thank 4whatitsworth2day

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Perfect food and service although the place is not attractive and it smells a little of fry food. Recommended!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Used this chip pie at least twice a week when I worked in Victoria, always had good haddock and chips freshly cooked. When I retired I had an occasion to visit London (7 years later) and thought I would make an effort to get across to Strutton Ground for lunch. When I entered the restaurant the waitress saw me and said ‘hello not seen you for a while, would you like your usual?’ She served me with haddock and chips and cup tea, we both laughed when I told her how long it had been. Planing a trip this summer so will be there for my usual.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

We were on a search for the real deal re: fish & chips. Hubby was quite satisfied with his ample portion of cod and the thick cut chips. I had the veggie burger, which was good but not the best I have ever eaten. It was very hot inside the restaurant, so I would suggest choosing a table away from the hot food bar.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Went there on hotel recommendation. As stated, the halibut was good, the cod was much better, and the chips were great as well. Bigger piece of fish is the cod, and it was cheaper.