“Great food! Why is this place never busy??”
Review of Thailander

Thailander
Ranked #16,411 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I live very local to this place and I always wonder why it is always empty. The food is delicious, the prawns are huge, loads of veges and the curries very HOT!! Defn recommend for somewhere quiet where you don't have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

Down this way on business and spotted this place , looks nice in comparison to some of the places along this street .
Soft shell crab tempura was a little heavy on the batter but the beef dish and fried rice that I had was beautiful . Obviously freshly cooked and full of flavour .

Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

I ordered online and collected.

The seafood noodle dishes we ordered were nice and their portion sizes were reasonable. Not greasy, but if you know your seafood, it will be evident from your first bite that they used frozen prawns due to the hard texture. Why would you expect any better from a takeaway masking itself as a restaurant in Leyton? For the price, portion size and quality -Noodles are a safe bet if that's what you're only after.

On to the starter, the chicken satays were uncooked, meaning we had to bin them. See picture for the pinkish poultry that I mistakenly dipped in a peanut sauce and had to spit out, imagine that in your mouth. Urgh, completely put me off my food. The Thai fishcake was slightly greasy but tasty.

I made the mistake of ordering their Thai seafood yum salad. For £8.50 I got half a carton of warm salad and felt a little ripped off. Obviously from frozen, the mussels were overwhelmingly smelly and tasted awful. We couldn't finish the salad as the mussell smell ruined it and that too went into the bin.

I spent 5 minutes trying to get ring them to get through to complain and to see if they had the integrity to, as a minimum, acknowledge they messed up on the chicken satay, and to offer to send me a replacement. That's what I expect from every food establishment that has integrity, and that take pride and responsibility for taking money in returning for quality food.

Instead I got an answer you would expect as if you just tried a FREE sample of their chicken satay or some sort of taste testing session. A man with an Indian accented English responded "Thank you for your feedback which I'll pass on to the chef, we're sorry you were served uncooked chicken".
I was hugely disappointed by that response. I wanted what I paid for but I'm not going to argue with them if they've proven in their reply that they have no sense of customer service or integrity to deliver on what was paid.

First and definitely the last time I'll go there.

1  Thank Mukesh S
Reviewed 12 April 2015

They happily cater for vegetarians . Ordered a veg coconut soup was bland compared to what i'm used to and very small for the price 5.00 for a small bowl. Even in central London you get more for your money! The service was pretty shocking to be honest. I was the only person in there on a Saturday evening and this is probably the reason why . I ordered a vegetable noodle dish and it said it was veg and beancurd. When it arrived it had no tofu. When i asked the pretty young non-Thai (prob Eastern European waitress) who was very sweet but she had NO idea what beancurd was . She went into the kitchen to find out - I said it wasnt a problem and i'd just eat it but not really impressed as she didnt go to any effort to either get some tofu added or at the end no money was taken off. Also the dish was very hot and had to ASK for my water glass to be filled up. Very poor as i already stated was the only person in there. There is also an older Thai woman that just sits at the back like an old matriarch . She could see all what was going on but could not be bothered to intervene . They did not even deliver good service let alone go the extra mile. Just paid my bill and left saying i wasnt happy . Will not be going back and suggest you dont as there are countless better other places to go!!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2015

I live just around the corner from here and have eaten here on a number of occasions. The food is of a good standard. We have had issues with the staff though in terms of their language skills. Last time our waitress couldn't even understand "red wine" despite us saying it several times, pointing it out on the menu and then in the cabinet... she then proceeded to bring white to the table! The taste of the food is excellent- very authentic and I love their sticky rice. It is average value for the area and what it is, I wouldn't say expensive but not budget either for this kind of food.

Been to Thailander? Share your experiences!