“Very good hotel in Hammersmith”

Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith
Ranked #191 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed here in October 2011 and again in January 2012. I have no complaints. The hotel, while not in central London, was close to the Tube and great for a quick trip from Heathrow.

The rooms were of a decent size, very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were also a good size.

I thought the included breakfast was very good, with a range of cereals, fruits, breads and hot foods. If you are worried about crowds at the buffet, then get up a little earlier! I had no problems with queues breakfasting between 7 and 8.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank CDR444
Write a ReviewReviews (1,136)

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stay at this hotel often.this week my office made a mistake with the booking I turned up a day late,fair enough I had to pay for the missed night.I wanted a room for the following night,the room I should have used was empty they wanted to charge me £218".. £70/£80 more than what I booked for.the booking manager was impolite I dismissive and turned her back and walked away,the receptionist looked embarrassed.When I protested the booking manager returned,I asked as a platinum club member could I not have the same rate as the night before,she said quote 'agh that's just for collecting reward points and dismissed any recognition of my loyalty,I walked out.So much for loyalty,when it comes to the crunch it is irrelevant.The bookings manager needs a customer relations course.I remained polite at all times and to be honest was more disappointed than angry with my poor treatment

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Leatherbuyer
GM-Hammersmith, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Hammersmith, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Guest

Further to our conversation this afternoon, I would like to express my sincere apologies once again for the lapse in the standard of our service. The feedback we have received from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I have taken your comments on board and will take the necessary action.

I would like to assure you, that despite your poor impression of our service, we do strive to provide a consistently excellent standard of service with personalised care and attention. I hope this will not prevent you from returning to the hotel so that we may restore your faith in us.
If you have any further queries, comments or wish to make reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Ahmed Khwaja
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed here with for 4 nights in a triple rom with my wife and young son. Although not located in central London the location is great given the proximity to the underground and a quick trip to the main attractions. Very good value for money and breakfast is ok. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bonaca_Croatia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here on New Year's Eve. I cannot complain. The place was clean and tidy, warm, quiet so all in all a pleasant stay. In my own personal opinion though I would not rate this as a four star hotel, more of a three star.

Rooms were very basic with that manufactured all as one beds and drawers etc. The lighting was very dark. In the bathroom the hand soap was attached to the wall within the shower and conditioner attached to the one above the wash basin.

The bed however was one of the comfiest I have slept in.

The reception area ajoins onto the bar and in the evening the receptionist did both jobs.

Breakfast was okay - scrambled eggs, sasauge and bacon. The ques take too long though - mostly because everyone in front of me insisted in putting the bread in the toaster in single file DESPITE being plenty of room for two slices side by side. I don't want to point out the obvious but a quick sign on the toaster from the management would speed this up a great deal.

As I said, all in all we were happy with our stay and were comfortable. I would however look for something better next time.

PS. The Wetherspoons on the corner is a handy facility to have nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Booked two rooms for 6 people, 3 per room, not a problem. Hotel was clean and everything we expected. Breakfast daily was as expected, fruit, cheese, powdered scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, muffins, bread etc, standard. Could have mixed it up with pancakes but was perfectly acceptable and was free, or at least part of your room fee so can't complain.
Around the hotel, the pub/restaurant downstairs the "Plough and Harrow" I believe was a lot like those Breck's cafeterias, sit at a table and review menu, make your selection and go see the bartender and give them your table number and order and pay, simple enough, within 10 minutes you had your food.
There is a small mall with a Sainsbury market, perfect to get whatever groceries you need, a Burger King, McDonalds, Subway, KFC etc. There is also a 24 hour mini mart right around the corner, snacks/beer soda etc so all in all, everything you need is right within 5 minute walk or so.
Hammersmith tube station is a good 10 minute walk so those that state 5 minutes must jog :-)

Again back to the hotel, everything we expected however the one thing that they could enhance and provide is free internet/wi-fi in your rooms. They do have it in the lobby only but that was kinda annoying and funny so to see people, myself included hanging out in the lobby in thier pj's and slippers looking up stuff last minute, checking emails etc. Worth the benefit Holiday Inn so please look into well worth it.

Right across the street by the Hammersmith tube station was the Swan pub, had dinner there on second floor, very nice traditional pub and reasonable. There were others right there on Kings Highway. Again, just what was expected and very nice stay for 7 days.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights when arrive London during Christmas, it is a place near tube station - around 5 minutes walk. This hotel provides free breakfast, howevel lots of people waiting in queue. Overall, it is a good value of money and even not necessary to rend a car if your destinations are in Central London.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionalist to give you a room which is not on the tube side