“Lovely Lunch”

Ranked #163 of 24,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$79 - US$119
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Elegant, understated and chic, Alyn Williams at The Westbury is a shining star in Mayfair’s ever-growing Michelin constellation.Following eight years perfecting his craft with Marcus Wareing in the Berkeley Hotel, Alyn Williams stepped into the spotlight with the opening of his eponymous restaurant in the autumn of 2011 – and has already made quite an impact.A Michelin star, Three AA Rosette Award, top 15 ranking in the UK’s 100 Best Restaurants and National Chef of the Year crown have catapulted Alyn and our sophisticated establishment to the top of everyone’s fine dining wish list.We’re committed to sourcing only the best available seasonal ingredients; keeping cooking straightforward with contemporary touches; ensuring presentation is spotless and service, lead by Giancarlo Princigalli, is superb.Two very special private dining rooms offer an extra dimension to your Alyn Williams experience that will make any occasion truly memorable. The unique Wine Salon is the focal point of the restaurant where up to eight guests can dine surrounded by some of the world’s finest wines. Here, traditional restaurant ritual is turned on its head and guests only select their wine, from which Alyn will create a totally bespoke menu to complement the chosen bottle. For larger parties, the stunning Aspen Room seats up to 18 guests.Combining contemporary cooking with timeless surroundings all wrapped up in in a five star luxury destination, Alyn Williams at The Westbury has brought even more star quality to Mayfair.
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

We had the 5 course tasting menu with matching wines for £80 per person which includes a glass of Prosecco and Coffee. The food was amazing especially the lamb and the deserts and the wine pairing worked well. Would definitely go again.
Phil & Sam

christopher b, Manager at Alyn Williams at the Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Dear Phil & Sam,

We're all very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Was a pleasure to read your review and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Chris
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We dined here on a Tuesday lunchtime and booked the five course Du Jour menu with a glass of prosecco menu a complete bargain for £45!

The meal was absolutely fantastic, my husband also selected the wine pairing; the food had great depth of flavour, contrasting textures and attention to detail. The service too was perfect, attentive but non intrusive. Having visited numerous 1, 2 and 3 Michelin star restaurants I can honestly say this place is well above the 1 star standard, it really is up there with the best. I have nothing but praise for the kitchen and front of house staff. It was so fantastic in every way, I loved it. I will definitely be back and I highly recommend Alyn Williams at the Westbury.

Dear Helen,

Was lovely to read this. We're all really glad here that you had such a good lunch. Thanks for coming and please come and see again soon.

Kind regards,

Chris
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed January 29, 2018

I dropped in here on the off chance. I wanted a fine lunch, and that is exactly what I got. A wonderful mixture of flavours and beautiful wine pairing. Expert service - spot on. I took the fixed lunch menu, broad choice, created with a delicate, artistic and very talented hand. I am going back (not just because I hail from the same part of London as the Chef) because I really want to try the dinner menu, and want more than ever to take my time of this great food.

1  Thank cookingatzerodegrees
Reviewed January 23, 2018

I've been here before and it feels like a friendly, welcoming place. We really like the dining space which is relatively small so it feels intimate and exclusive.

Service was patchy. Would have liked an aperitif on arrival but none was offered; canapés arrived then someone (we had an array of different servers during the evening so not sure who "our" waiter was) came by shortly after we'd sat down to take our food order and we were off and running! All the staff were very polite and friendly but, again, there were yawning gaps when there was no one around and we were left wondering if we'd been forgotten.

Food was generally good. As with any tasting menu there were hits (the venison, the lobster taco) and misses (beetroot salad - way too much going on) but, overall, it was really good.

The wine pairings (we went for the standard, not the premium) were excellent; original, surprising and all worked really well with the food. We've come away with a shopping list of wines to buy that we'd never have tried otherwise, so thank you.

Final thing - and this is not unique to this restaurant - I get that it's impossible to find British staff these days but please don't put people front of house who struggle to speak English. When the waiter describes the dish or the wine to you and you can't understand what they are saying, it detracts hugely from the experience. It's embarrassing to have to ask them to repeat things and, after the first two courses you just sit in polite silence until they've gone and then try and figure out what you think you heard.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

The service is perfect, as every Michelin starred restaurant must have, close to the clients and professional. The food is good but far to be great, the lamb was undercooked, as the asparagus, and even if we decided to try the two testing menus, Vegetarian and not, few portions are way too small for even appreciate the complexity of the dishes. The quality is high but slightly too expensive for the experience itself.