“Awesome night ”
Review of Boqueria

Boqueria
Reserve with OpenTable
Boqueria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #385 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: BOQUERIA seeks to provide the consumer with the genuine Tapas experience - Amazing Spanish Food, Wine and Sherries in a fabulous contemporary setting. We are sure you will enjoy Boqueria. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Went there a bit depressed thinking it would be like all the spanish rubbish restaurants I’d tried around and surprise, it was amazing! I didn’t like to have dinner at the bar but was fully booked and we didn’t book!but still awesome , staff looks super comfortable working in there , no stress no rush ! Super friendly ! Nice selection of Spanish music ! Food was spectacular ! Starting for some olives with spanish pimentón ! The bread !
Following for huevos rotos , croquetas (omg , best I had in 4 years in this country ) cochinillo , amazing with lemon sorbet and apple sauce . Salmon tartar, and some oyster mushroom with king prawns toast . Just amazing , can’t complain , everything was delicious !
Finally we got some dessert , churros and vanilla ice cream with Pedro ximenez! Definitely we will go back !

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 22, 2017

Me and my wife had dinner there before a show at the Brixton Academy. Classic Spanish tapas and not very expensive as well. The broken eggs were good and the patatas bravas had a good spicy sauce (not the paprika one though, the one based in mayo, or maybe a combination of the two). The eggplant with the spiced honey was excellent but the tortilla a bit blunt. Then again I've never had a Spanish tortilla that wasn't blunt. The choco explosion we had for dessert was really, really good.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

We booked a table here on a Monday night (the restaurant was packed, which shows you how it good it is!) We ordered a selection of tapas which all came out in good time, and the food was really tasty. We shall definitely be back to try more!

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Boqueria is not only a famous market in Barcelona but also Brixton's best kept secret! The food is authentically Spanish with many hints of the regions and the service is prompt and friendly. Space is limited so it is advisable to book in the evenings. Everything is tasty and leaves you feeling as if you had just been to Spain! Viva la cocina Española!

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

I first visited Boqueria with my wife and a monster hangover in the summer and despite that I really enjoyed and gave it a 5 rating...and vowed to return..

I went back on a Tuesday night with friends for an early Christmas dinner..I was glad to have booked ahead as it was busy.

My 2nd experience was extremely positive, with the food taking centre stage again through professionally put together plates of amazing food.

From the simpler starters like tomato bread to more substantial dishes like the suckling pig..they were all constructed with attention to detail with quality ingredients (I had to have the octopus on potato again - divine).

What marked it down just slightly for me was that the servers in the restaurant could have been a bit more engaged..don't get me wrong the food/drinks came really quickly, they were not rude, I just thought there was little attempt of trying to build rapport (and increase potential tip)..although the same can not be levelled at the bar man who was great.

All that said I loved it and can't wait to go again..