“Family meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Good value and friendly staff as you would expect from a Wetherspoons family pub. Very close to Tower Bridge Premier Inn

Freddie M, Manager at The Pommelers Rest, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Thank you for your visit and your review. We appreciate all types of feedback. Cheers for the 5*! We are glad we ticked all the boxes for you during your visit!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I was happy we wound up here after a rainy morning spent touring the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. I was afraid it being such a touristy neighborhood it would be expensive and mediocre, but we all enjoyed our meals and the prices were reasonable. I had bangers and mash and a draft lager and tasted my son's fish and chips, and it was all delicious.

Thank you for your visit and your review. We appreciate all types of feedback. We are glad you thought your prices was reasonable it is something we are proud of (being affordable). Also glad we surprised you abit as we was not mediorcre as first thought and that we got it all right for you!

Reviewed February 27, 2018

I rented an Airbnb not far from here in June 2017 and we ate here several times. I mostly had the chicken salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing with a glass of red wine. It was very good. At various times I had fries, my son once had the English breakfast. Another time the fish. We enjoyed it very much! So much so, that on our return to England from Israel in August, this restaurant was one of our first stops!
We're back in the U.S. now but every time we talk about our time in London, we mention this restaurant. Looking forward to going back to London and this will be one of our stops when we return!

Thank you for your visit and your review. We appreciate all types of feedback. Thanks for the five stars! It is always amazing to read comments like this to show us that we keep getting it right time after time so thank you again! We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in the area!

Reviewed February 14, 2018

We took advantage of the Valentines Day special two meals and drink for £20 .I chose Rack of Ribs my husband chose the steak then for dessert I had Chocolate Fudge Cake with ice cream and my husband had fruit with ice cream plus our soft drinks.It was great value and one not to be missed.If the flyer had not been on the table we may not have known about it. Only thing it said warm chocolate fudge cake and it seemed to have just come out of the fridge but it was so tasty I eat it. The staff were very friendly tables were clean and tidy.

Thank you for your visit and your review. We appreciate all types of feedback. Cheers for the 5*! We are glad we got everything right for you on your visit! The feedback on the advertising we will take on and look at the try and catch more eyes with the offers we have! We are glad you liked the food and the staff was at there best for you!

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Great lively pub atmosphere. Staff were miserable and short to the point of being rude. Ordered a pint of Thatchers and a Guinness. Would have ordered food but put off by the arrogant staff. Shame as other Wetherspoons were miles better.

Thank you for your visit and your review. We appreciate all types of feedback. We are very disapointed that you was not impressed with our customer service on this day. It will be discussed with the staff promptly to make sure this type of review will not happen again.