“Grilled Meats Heaven”

Ranked #305 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gokyuzu is owned and run by us, the Yavuz family, and has been since we first opened our doors to the restaurant in the popular Green Lanes area of Harringay in 1999. As a family business it was vitally important to us that everyone worked well as a team. We took a lot of care in selecting great chefs and training our front-of-house staff to understand the Gokyuzu way of doing things… with warmth and generosity. Nothing is too much trouble in our restaurant. Our customers are our guests: just as they would be in our home. We think it says a lot about our approach to Turkish dining that some of our most popular dishes are our sharing platters. One of our bestsellers is the “Full Platter” – a combination of lamb shish, chicken shish, adana kebab, lamb ribs, chicken and lamb doner, chicken wings and of course rice and bulgur – and we believe that it’s popular because it encapsulates what Gokyuzu is about: everyone can try a little bit of everything and enjoy the experience of communal dining and sharing food and time with others. We always intended to create a home-from-home restaurant; a warm dining experience, where diners can relax and staff are happy. This is what makes a great Turkish restaurant. Of course, it’s also fabulous when we hear that diners who are visiting from Istanbul believe our kebabs are better than the ones they get at home. It makes us feel that we’ve achieved our goal: a truly authentic Turkish restaurant in London. We look forward to welcoming you to Gokyuzu
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I went for dinner here with my boyfriend on Saturday night. It was incredibly busy when we arrived and we were lucky to have booked. Waited less than a minute and we were shown to our table. We were given complimentary turkish bread, dip and salad which all tasted very good. We ordered the small mixed meze and full platter. The food was amazing. The full platter came with rice and bulgar underneath which were flavoured really well with grilled tomatoes and more bread. We had to take the rest home as we only managed to get about half way through. The bill cost £55 and this included a bottle of red wine. The value for money is insane espcially considering my boyfriend and I also had lunch with the left overs the next day. Highly recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

diabolical service below average foods. there are better places you can eat in london... I would not believe the hype they don't care at all. the manager is rude and while you wait they push pass you. even if you book a table your still waiting to get your table so there is no point booking.. why waste your time there over crowded and rude staff members.. pushing and shoving. I booked my table ended up waiting 45 minutes.. asked manager gave me attitude as if he was too busy for me. I only waited the time to see what the hype was.. would not go there even if given free food... If the food was even average I would have been a little satisfied but after booking a table for a certain time as I had a showing for later.. they only care to feed as many people and do not care for your custom. my partner was very unhappy and wanted to leave straight away I persuaded her to stay. well I hope this gives you an insight to what to expect..

1  Thank shah1982
Reviewed 3 September 2016

We went there for dinner. The restaurant serves the most delicious Turkish food- the portions were fulfilling. Worth for the price! The service was very good, both the waitress and the manager were friendly and efficient.
We will definitely come back for the best Turkish cuisine ever and I would highly recommend this restaurant.
Ayse

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Delicious!! 4 of us came for dinner last night! Loved all the food.
Great, fast service for such a big, busy restaurant. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Lucky us to get Turkish food in a big Turkish neighborhood in London. This place is bustling and exciting, with waiters running around and calling out to each other. Though they have a menu of many Turkish standards, we were told by friends that our group of 6 would be getting the Large Mixed Meze and Jumbo Platter for £52 total - which was an absolute bargain for a big group! I'd have liked a bit more meze, as they were all delicious (lots of dips, like spinach/yogurt, hummus, dill/feta/yogurt, as well as aubergine in tomato sauce and a bulgar salad - but despite the platter serving 4-5 people, the 6 of us we were all taking teeny tiny portions from it. Admittedly, we wanted to save room for the meat. But I'd say this is appropriate for 3-4 hungry people really. But it was all delicious and at my friend's request, they brought us both regular bread and bread that's apparently brushed with lamb juice or something like that? That was special, but all the bread was lovely. I love Turkish bread! I should say in addition to the mezze they brought us some unexpected freebies like a beetroot and carrot salad and another dip, and I think they gave us something else free the end (maybe Turkish delight? Sounds familiar).

The Jumbo Platter is served with rice and bulgur, and is a huge pile of all kinds of meat: Lamb Shish, Chicken Shish, Adana Kebab, Lamb Ribs, Chicken Doner, Lamb Doner, Chicken Wings, Lamb Chops. If it sounds exceptional, it was, both in concept and execution. It is hard to describe the meat feast that took place that evening - we all stuffed ourselves silly and I think we may even have left a bit behind! The lamb ribs were outstanding, and I don't think I'd ever had them before! Lamb chops were also delicious, but all the more standard meats were great too - juicy and flavorful.

This is such a fantastic place to get great Turkish food for not much money, big portions, and it's a blast to share it with your friends. Loved the busy atmosphere, was a great way to kick off our Saturday night!