All reviews narrow stairs oxford street convenient location air conditioning excellent location would stay here again english breakfast tea and coffee mirror underground toiletries
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

This hotel does look very tired
The staff are lovely but I think it's time to give it a makeover
It's very comfortable and our room was spacious but just so old fashioned I just think it should be updated
The lift is tiny so used the stairs as they were easier For this hotel there is a big difference between a 4 star and a 5 star You do get tea and coffee in your room plus biscuits
Breakfast is between 7 30 and 9 30 Wish it could be a little later Even until 10 would be good
There is a bar and a restaurant here but we didn't use it as we went out for the night There is a lot of Restaurants near by and a few pubs Not a bad area to be in Plenty of choices for you
We are here for an appointment tomorrow with the doctors which is just around the corner so served our purpose
Not a bad place but still would call it Average

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2016

Hotel La Place is not new, my room (single) was small and the bed oddly located (I don't know how the maids manage to make it up), but it was very clean and quiet. The staff is very helpful and friendly, ready to handle any request 24 hours a day if necessary. Breakfast (full English) is included with the price, and one can select as many (or few) items for breakfast as desired. Wait staff in the breakfast room are friendly and courteous. There is an elevator which goes up to the third floor, meaning a flight of steps to climb if you stay on the fourth floor. My room had a modern shower which was small, but adequate water pressure. There is a large closet with ironing board and iron. Plenty of pillows and blankets. I visited in warm weather and the wall AC unit was quiet and kept the room comfortable, adjustable via a remote control. Several mirrors, including one full length. TV is provided though I was only able to get 3 channels of news and some children's programming. Free wifi is provided, but it is slow. The hotel is located near the Baker Street Underground station, a walk of about 5 minutes. There are many decent restaurants within 10 minutes walk or closer, lots of shops and pubs. I was very satisfied with my experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Unless you are able to climb stairs, don't choose a 4th-floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BigReader
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Very small hotel, picked it as there was an awesome deal going for it with Kaligo. Check-in was odd as they wouldn't budge on showing passport for identification which as a UK resident I've never before seen in a London hotel.

Public spaces were very narrow and could use a refurbishment. Lift was scary the first time but it got you to where you needed to go and the rooms was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. Didn't use the breakfast and don't think I'll return as I prefer the more modern chain hotels.

Great location though close to Baker Street tube station and Regents Park.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller-935
Reviewed May 20, 2016

This is a small town house hotel that is very good value for the money. Don't compare this with a big expensive branded hotel - it's not that. The staff are all very friendly and it has all of the facilities you need for a comfortable stay. Good location with excellent travel connections and local restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles P
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I gave them two stars ONLY for location, the free breakfast and the free wifi! The hotel is dirty and run down. The room was tiny with a double bed. There was dust on windows, a really old bedspread, a mattress that seemed to be overused, and my room was in the back of the hotel through a fire exit door! I would not suggested! Also, I found it expensive for what it offered.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business