Hotel La Place
US$244
US$182
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$122
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$152
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$129
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$67
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$284
US$133
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$222
US$204
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to baker street tubemadame tussaudsfree wifiby london standardsexcellent locationenglish breakfastrooms are cleanconvenient locationtea and coffeemarlybonemirrorundergroundtoiletries
Reviewed November 30, 2016

I think I can say this is possibly the worst hotel I have stayed in, in a ny county. Booked for me by my work at short notice if I hadn't arrived late and would be leaving early I would have walked out.
Hopefully my 2 stars mean I wont have to elaborate too much but a room ith dirty walls, floorboards that squeak when people in the adjacent rooms walk about and a bathroom where the sink overhangs the toilet make for an uncomfortable night sleep, oh there wasn't any sleep because the bed also fels like its going to fall apart

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 72dg
Reviewed September 27, 2016

This is a lovely welcoming little place! Such character. Sometimes I get fed up with the starkness of Premier Inn type accommodation. I felt this hotel was unique, sure it could do with a little updating, for example the radiator could be changed in room 205 and the bulbs above the mirror. However, these are the only suggestions I could make. I would hate it to change any more than that. With staff manning the reception 24/7 I felt safe staying here on my own. Staff were friendly and very helpful, suggesting a local Greek restaurant when I was about to order a pizza in! The Greek restaurant was amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal there! I had a very comfortable nights sleep, lovely mattress and four huge (!) pillows, wonderful. Breakfast was great, cereals, fruit juices and a lovely full English! I cannot praise this little hotel enough, go on, if you like a quirky little place and are fed up with characterless rooms, give Hotel La Place a try!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on a lower floor next time and maybe to the front of hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank lynz16072010
Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

This hotel does look very tired
The staff are lovely but I think it's time to give it a makeover
It's very comfortable and our room was spacious but just so old fashioned I just think it should be updated
The lift is tiny so used the stairs as they were easier For this hotel there is a big difference between a 4 star and a 5 star You do get tea and coffee in your room plus biscuits
Breakfast is between 7 30 and 9 30 Wish it could be a little later Even until 10 would be good
There is a bar and a restaurant here but we didn't use it as we went out for the night There is a lot of Restaurants near by and a few pubs Not a bad area to be in Plenty of choices for you
We are here for an appointment tomorrow with the doctors which is just around the corner so served our purpose
Not a bad place but still would call it Average

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2016

Hotel La Place is not new, my room (single) was small and the bed oddly located (I don't know how the maids manage to make it up), but it was very clean and quiet. The staff is very helpful and friendly, ready to handle any request 24 hours a day if necessary. Breakfast (full English) is included with the price, and one can select as many (or few) items for breakfast as desired. Wait staff in the breakfast room are friendly and courteous. There is an elevator which goes up to the third floor, meaning a flight of steps to climb if you stay on the fourth floor. My room had a modern shower which was small, but adequate water pressure. There is a large closet with ironing board and iron. Plenty of pillows and blankets. I visited in warm weather and the wall AC unit was quiet and kept the room comfortable, adjustable via a remote control. Several mirrors, including one full length. TV is provided though I was only able to get 3 channels of news and some children's programming. Free wifi is provided, but it is slow. The hotel is located near the Baker Street Underground station, a walk of about 5 minutes. There are many decent restaurants within 10 minutes walk or closer, lots of shops and pubs. I was very satisfied with my experience at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Unless you are able to climb stairs, don't choose a 4th-floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank BigReader
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Very small hotel, picked it as there was an awesome deal going for it with Kaligo. Check-in was odd as they wouldn't budge on showing passport for identification which as a UK resident I've never before seen in a London hotel.

Public spaces were very narrow and could use a refurbishment. Lift was scary the first time but it got you to where you needed to go and the rooms was surprisingly spacious and comfortable. Didn't use the breakfast and don't think I'll return as I prefer the more modern chain hotels.

Great location though close to Baker Street tube station and Regents Park.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business