All reviews narrow stairs quiet street oxford street convenient location air conditioning excellent location would stay here again english breakfast tea and coffee mirror toiletries
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

The reception staff were excellent, a really good way to welcome guests. The hotel has a quaint appearance, dated seems a bit harsh. It is clean and comfortable. The bed was huge and the room was well stocked with toiletries and refreshments. Breakfast was average, but again the service was excellent with friendly and efficient staff. Good value for money but not top notch, I'd stay again without hesitation

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip & I will start by saying the location is good, staff friendly & it's clean. The room I was in was small but that is to be expected on a budget in London.

However, the hotel is really old & this didn't suit a trip where I just needed sleep & food. I could very clearly hear the people in the neighbouring room talking, floor boards creaking & toilets flushing. There was no water in the room. Having read on the website there was 24 hour room service I didn't stop for food on my trip & when I arrived & asked what I could get I was told crisps or a cheese sandwich. Although the receptionist was nice he made it seem like a chore so I had to walk out & get McDonalds. Oh & water!

My room also smelled very strongly of paint.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

Despite being in a great area of Marylebone with lovely shops, restaurants and coffee shops I was very disappointed with my stay here. I did not have high expectations booking a single room on a tight work budget. The staff were certainly friendly but the rooms and environment need an overhaul. The room was noisy due to ineffective double glazing added to very dirty windows. The room was cold with only marginal control on a radiator, thin sheet and blanket with no spares and a dated bedspread did not provide much additional warmth. Added to a very lumpy bed it did not lead to a good night sleep.

The room itself had peeling wallpaper around the shelf/desk and the remainder of the wallpaper was desperate to be repapered or at least painted. Bottom of the bathroom door was taped up. There was no iron but a trouser press that is falling off the wall.

Within the bathroom (which was thankfully much warmer than the bedroom) there was no soap or shampoo, thankfully a nearby Waitrose (kindly pointed out by a member of staff) was open to purchase these items.

The shower was at least hot though not very secure. An additional bath sheet would be handy for us guests who have long hair.

The hairdryer seemed to be out of the 1970's so I had to give up with damp hair and relied on a hot breakfast to try and warm me up. Unfortunately breakfast does not start till 7.30 leaving it a little tight for work commitments.

The choice was limited but ok and the poached eggs were great, however the dining space was claustrophobic and smelt like a greasy cafe with the kitchen door opening right onto the dining room.

I would consider staying here until it was refurbished.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

This actually was a pleasant surprise for just over £100 a night in London. Room (205) was actually quite big by London standards and quite well equipped. Very quiet at night and with decent curtains. Good sized bathroom with shower over bath and free wifi worked okay for light browsing and email. Room was clean and staff courteous and helpful. Breakfast was usual fare with full English inc in my room costs but done okay. Issues ? Nothing that effected me but some minor maintenance to room needed (half hanging out plug socket, AC didn't seem to work - I was there in Feb so no issue, etc). For disabled travellers note whilst there is a small the floors are staggered and you may need to still do a few stairs

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Bigalid
Reviewed February 23, 2017

I have had the pleasure of staying here quite frequently over the past few months. The staff from the owner, to the reception staff to the waiters at breakfast are friendly and very helpful.

The rooms are clean, the beds are big and comfortable. Breakfast has great selection.

The location is one of the best, close to baker street tube. Oxford street is a 10 minute walk. Its across the road from Madame Tussauds, and in close rage of all lot the bars, shops and restaurants in Marlybone Hughstreet.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business