“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #135 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just returned from our 3rd stay at this hotel. Can thoroughly recommend it, good location, comfortable rooms, especially those to the Clarges Street side which is quieter. Efficiently room by friendly, courteous and helpful staff. Only gripe is lack of free WIFI. Would definitley return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MatthewCT, Director of Sales at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you like the Clarges Street side of the hotel. For a central London hotel, its great we can offer such quiet rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards

Matthew Crowther-Townsend

There are newer reviews for Flemings Mayfair

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I had stayed at Flemings Mayfair for a week, in honor on my very first Spring Break about a month after the Royal Wedding. The room was tiny, even when compared to Japan's standards, but it was clean and quite comfortable due to its great proximity to Piccadilly. The breakfast buffet left me quite hungry for tea at Fortnum and Mason, but I was able to discover a great breakfast place just around the corner called Safra. However, I found the staff to be quite intriguing. They were cold, and each day whenever I would go past the lobby one of the attendants at the front desk always would demand to know when I would be leaving, which is quite questionable. And the other part of my stay which I found rather annoying was the ability to make and take phone calls from my room. Anytime my family tried to call me from the US, the hotel will absolutely NOT connect the call, forcing me to call out of my room, and for a very high price which was reflected in my 600+ pound phone charges. Also, I had separately purchased the wifi pass from the hotel (they don't offer free wifi), and that also did not work, so basically I wasted my money. Also, my gentlemen friend, a London resident and a high ranking officer in the Royal Navy, with whom I occasionally went to dinner or a play, would complain that when he was waiting for me in the lobby, the concierge was always giving him dirty looks, and making him feel very uneasy and unwelcome. I do not believe that I will ever opt for staying in this hotel again, however, it did not ruin my stay and my appreciation of London.

Room Tip: Watch your bill carefully.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Celfie379
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback posted on Tripadvisor. As you have posted details of your stay nearly a year later it is difficult to respond to all your points effectively. We have been unable to find a record of your stay with a phone bill costing £600, and it is a shame that you left it so long to mention something that you feel strongly about. Flemings has changed tremendously over the last twelve months and the service that we deliver puts the care and needs of our guests at the centre of our thoughts and actions. If indeed you did experience what you felt was intrusive service a year ago, please do consider a return visit to the hotel where we would like to have the opportunity to ensure you leave with 100% positive memories of your stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I loved Flemings - great location, central London in Mayfair, tube stop 2 blocks away, many attractions and best shopping within walking distance; the room was clean, comfortable and reasonably sized for London; after I found a fantastic winter sale on Travelocity for a small room, the hotel offered a 15 GBP upgrade (a GREAT value); most important, the staff couldn't have been more efficient and helpful. Each one went out of his/her way to take care of me, always with kindness and a smile. Thank you in particular to Gonzague, John, Pedro, Holly, Katie, and Hannah. I look forward to staying at Flemings on my next trip to London - don't think I'd stay anywhere else again!
(Tip: the breakfast is pricy as is the Wi-Fi fee - kill two birds by going a block away to Pret a Manger - good Starbucks-type place with free wi-fi after registration)

Room Tip: Inquire about the room upgrade before you go - well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Flemings and that our team made your stay memorable. I will be sure to pass on your comments and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my second stay at the Flemmings in the past two months. The Hotel is in the heart of Mayfair, close to Sheperds Market,Piccadilly and New Bond Street, 2 minutes walk from Green Park Tube Station, a fabulous location. The Hotel in itself is small, but has very attentive service at concierge and reception and excellent dining facilities. The rooms are also a bit small, especially the bathrooms, but very confortable and well appointed. The room price is a bit too high considering the amenities and space and does not include breakfast which is an extra £16 and really nothing special. But there are plenty of breakfast eateries around the block includong Nero , Pret a Manger and Starbucks. The room price reflects the location of the hotel.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear you had a good return stay at Flemings and that you found our team and facilities to your liking. We do work hard to ensure our pricing is in line with competitors and always make sure we offer value for guests staying with us. I hope you welcome you back for a return stay soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

First time I have stayed in this hotel even though I have worked next door to it for 13 years. Very disappointing. Booked a double room but was fobbed off with an apartment which sounded good. In fact you have to negotiate a maze to find it in the building. Decor very dated and bathroom fitments decidedly worn. Bed was uncomfortable - nasty gap in the middle - one side soft, the other hard. Enormous pillows that your head kept slipping off. Was woken at 11.30pm by room service even though we hadn't ordered anything. Most annoying of all they charge guests for wifi access! Even a 2* hotel in Ukraine offers free wifi to guests. For that reason alone I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing details of your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I’m disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to expectations. I’m sorry that you were disturbed by room service late at night – I have passed your comment onto our Restaurant Manager. The hotel is converted from 6 Georgian townhouses making it difficult to make structural changes to the interior of the hotel, however we do feel that the character of the property contributes positively to our guest experiences. We always work hard to ensure that we match each guest to the appropriate room so I’m sorry you did not feel that this was the case during your stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We really loved this hotel! It is very clean, the staff was really helpful, it looks good and it is right in the centre of London. The underground was also really close (Green Park) which made it really easy to travel to anywhere in London. There were supermarkets and restaurants just a few steps away from the hotel. The room was quite big and the beds were comfortable. I can recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Flemings2010, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripdadvisor. It’s lovely to hear that you would recommend a stay at Flemings. We have an enviable location moments from Green Park and a short walk from the West End and Buckingham Palace so I’m pleased to hear this enhanced your stay. I’m hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was our third stay in this super hotel,
The hotel has been renovated this past few years & the bedrooms are much more luxurious than they were when we first stayed. Breakfast is still excellent with service to match. We have stayed in the Mayfair hotel nearby several times but for comfort,service and value this had the edge. Perfect for visiting theatre land, Harrods, Buckingham Palace etc all very walkable.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. I always enjoy feedback from returning guests and it’s wonderful to hear that your 3rd stay with us was very enjoyable. We have made some updates to the hotel over the last couple of years so I'm pleased this was to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back for another visit.