All reviews budget hotel goodge st covent garden friendly hotel british museum would stay here again the ritz full english breakfast recommend this hotel tube station
Reviewed May 24, 2018

I first found your hotel through late rooms and at the time the quoted rate for one night was approximately £85.00 which seemed reasonable for a three star hotel with limited facilities on a busy road in London.

After our travel team obtaining a quote through our travel company the rate soared to £128.00 which we agreed to assuming that a proper hotel service would be provided.

On arriving at the hotel, I was surprised that the reception was below ground level and my own room three (steep) floors from ground level, four floors from reception, with no lifts and no help with suitcases. On arriving in the room I was even more surprised to find wifi boxes scattered about the corridors, a dingy dark dining room, limited reception coverage and a very late breakfast not helpful for business travel.

Indeed I had to leave well before breakfast started and because reception wasn't open until 7.30 experience significant inconvenience in terms of recovering items from my room after I had closed the door with the keys inside because nobody on site had replacement keys until 7.30.

Other aspects such as the TV not being viewable from the bed, the chair being extremely uncomfortable, the bin being located so far under the desk as to be inaccessible, the kettle/tea making facilities, carpet and other aspects being really tatty and over-used made the whole stay very unpleasant.

I wouldn't describe the accommodation as a hotel, more a B and B or youth hostel.

Room tip: I overlooked the main road - noisy, busy and having the window open on a hot day made this worse and my door rattle
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Near three tube stations. On a bus route.
Looks a bit faded but staff are very helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Good quality bacon and sausage. Lurpack. Kellog cereals and Robertson’s marmalade.
Room was clean and warm.
Not spacious but enough room. Water was hot.
It looks a bit faded bu5 for the price and location a great find.
I world stay again.
We had aroom overlooking the garden and slept well. I am not sure whatit would be like facing the street.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2018

It was a very comfortable hotel to stay in and the members of staff were very kind and polite. The hotel is near the station so it was easy to visit other places from the hotel. I recommend this hotel if you are wo travel around often.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank son0824
Reviewed March 14, 2018

You can come out from either Tottenham court road or Goodge St. station to find this hotel. Easy to find and easy to go in and out. I stayed for three nights and found it overall very satisfying. Strongly recommned. Thanks

Room tip: located in the central and easy to find and stay relaxed
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2018

tatty, dirty, smelly, incredibly small room. woke up at 5am by noise and terrible smell from the kitchen. the place is so awful that I didn't even dare trying the breakfast - I just couldn't wait to leave.
yes, it's cheap london - but considering what you get, it'd defenitely not worth it !
will never stay again, this is one of the worst hotel I've ever been to.

Room tip: grotty, tatty hotel. do not bother.
Date of stay: March 2018