“Quiet location”

Ranked #281 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Skegness, Lincolnshire
“Quiet location”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Hotel is situated in a quiet lacation near the river and westminster. Pimlico tube station is less than 5 minutes walk away. The Hotel is modern therefore as you would expect very clean. The breakfast choice is good and well presented. Maybe not great views but an superb value for money hotel in central London.
JCA01

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JCA01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 April 2012

located at tower of london area and financial district. close to Fenchurch st and Leadenhall market. Fantastic tapas restaurant there on 2nd floor. must go!

hotel is contemporary and chic. views galore. roof bar/restaurant groovy! was the Mint Hotel in july 2011.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bruce m
Ohio
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Very comfortable hotel. Quiet, but close to all the main attracations that bring people to London. Ten minute walk to Westminster Abbey, Parliment

Hotel restaurant was very nice. And the bar upstairs was comfortable, quiet.

The rooms were just the right size.

The only complaint I had was the water was sometimes hot, sometimes cold. We actually stayed here two times in one week (husband had business in Oxford). The second room did not have this water problem.

The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I can't recommend them high enough. And the cookies are worth the stay :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wildchild1804
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed here 3 nights and it was fantastic.

I arrived early in London and thought I would throw my suitcase in to the hotel and dander around the embankment until I could check in, but to my surprise my room was ready and I was able to check in early with no problems, the freshly baked cookie on check-in really was an excellent touch.

The room was scrupulously clean and well sized. The facilities in the room were excellent and the I-macs also a nice touch although think non-techie travellers may struggle to get to grips with it. Also the hairdryer was incredibly poor.

My only complaint about my room was that I was put in a disabled room so the height of sink, toilet etc really were not suited to me at 5'8" so I imagine anyone taller would struggle, also the presence of disabled pull cords and panic button beside the bed did just that, panicked the life out of me incase I pulled it by accident.

The breakfast was fantastic as well, the surroundings were very comfortable and relaxing. The location was great, a short walk to the embankment and a manageable walk to Trafalgar Square.

The icing on the cake certainly was the staff, they just couldn't have been nicer. I was made to feel as if nothing was too much for them to do for me. Every single member I encountered were incredibly friendly and offering help for every little detail.

As a business trip this was excellent, I just could not recommend this place enough, unfortunately I cant always stretch to the cost when travelling for leisure but know I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Not a disabled room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy23090
Alford, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Can't rate the service highly enough, staff were excellent when my partner suffered food poisoning from a 5 star London restaurant. The Manager could not have been more helpful and the rest of the staff were excellent. It was so nice of them to write a wee letter and post it under the door so as not to disturb anyone. A1 will be back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary S
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Just returned from my trip to London where I did catch up with friends. Sadly we been staying in 2 different locations mainly due to the price for the accommodation with breakfast included. As I was on the limited budged and preferred to spend my savings on shopping stayed somewhere else. As my friends stayed in your hotel few times already, I have been invited for a dinner to City Cafe and that is where the Story began.
Been greeted witch such friendly manner by Maciej. We have been offered to store our coats and shopping bags in cloakroom and smoothly escorted to the table with few options to choose. Decided on the corner table to give us the good view on the restaurant and to feel the atmosphere as per my friends is always first class. Menu has been presented, explained and the special dish recommended. Water offered and delivered soon after. Not being very hungry so went just for the main course with Fish&Chips and Steaks been ordered. The wine and sides recommendation has been pointed by Kemal what was a perfect accompaniment to the meal to boost the taste and kill the hunger. As it looked it was a busy night with no many vacant tables with the service flow very organised and smooth. We have been offered to have more bread, water and some wine and of course we went for. How can you refused as per being so well looked after. Sadly did not have time for the dessert as must to rush back to my hotel. Food, wine and service First Class indeed!

Later appeared that 2 mention people been the Restaurant Managers.Not surprised the staff have such high customer service skills having Kemal and Maciej as their mentors. Well done! More hotel restaurants as City Cafe Please!

Will come back and this time stay with you!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Natalie P
D0laO, Staff at DoubleTree by Hilton London - Westminster, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Natalie P,

Many thanks for your lovely review of City Cafe. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback. I have passed your kind comments on to Kemal, Maciej and the Team, who are delighted that you were pleased with their service.

We are greatly appreciate your loyalty to our Brand, and we look foward to welcoming you back in future.

Have a nice Easter!

Kind regards,
Dola.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We went here for just two nights because we got an interesting offer from our travel agency, so the price was really reasonable. Everybody at the hotel was very kind and HIGHLY efficient, at some point at the restaurant in the morning we even wondered if it wasn't too much for the poor employees, but we heard them laughing and joking in the kitchen, and decided it was probably allright.
The room, which was a standard double room, was fine, impeccably clean, and, as the hotel in general, of what we see as good taste, slightly minimalist. The bed could have been larger, and there would have been room for it.
The first morning we discovered that the light over the sink did not work as it had the night before. We decided to tell at the reception when we left, but forgot. When we returned in the evening the bulb had been changed. This, we believe, is proof that the hotel is very well managed.
We highly recommend this hotel if the area suits your needs.

Room Tip: The higher the better, the more view of the Thames the better
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple