“We'll be back!”

Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock
Ranked #215 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel turned out to be a wonderful surprise of exellent service, friendliness and great location! My husband and I went for a long weekend to London to celebrate my graduation from medical school. In advance we requested a room overlooking the lock if this was available, and indeed it was! As we opened the door to the beautiful room, we were amazed. The room was decorated with "congratualtion banner", there was beautiful flowers in a vase, a stunning fruit dish, champagne bottle on ice and a personal congratulation card from manager Eddy and the staff. Absolutely outstanding and very touching! The room was beautiful and very clean, with a huge window facing the Lock. A wonderful view of the canal! Also the bathroom was very modern, clean and delicate. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and this includes every single member of the staff we had contact with from our arrival thursday until departure the following sunday. We have both travelled a lot and stayed in very good hotels before, but the sevice we experienced in Holiday Inn Camden Lock is really something very special! We didn't have breakfast included, so we stopped to eat somewhere on our way out in the mornings On the very short walk to the tube station there are many coffe shops, resturants and small cafes. Very easy to find good places to eat! Camden is an interesting and lively area itself, and is worth spending time in. Any other areas are very easily accessible as the tube station is only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. We will definately like to stay in Holiday Inn Camden Lock again in the future, and we highly recommend the hotel to others. Manager Eddy Brosse is very friendly, very proffesional and he seems to be very eager to make every single detail just perfect. And that's how we experienced our stay: perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Well Synnove,

After so many years of hardship, you deserved a true break and some celebration time with ‘Mr Hubbie’!!

We love those very special occasions, we love to share and we love even more ... when you love it too!! I was so glad to hear you’d been touched, and very honoured that we are your very first review.

So, far from perfect, we’re still trying our best and not just me, but All the Camdeners.

Enjoy the results of your hard work now and we hope to see you again, maybe with the whole family this time?

Our best thoughts to you ... especially when we ‘Celebrate Service’ this week. This couldn’t be better timed for all of us. A big massive ‘thank you’.

Eddy & all happy Camdeners
Holiday Inn London Camden Lock

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Holiday Inn value and service, overpriced mediocre breakfast. Central location for Camden 4minute walk to underground

• Stayed: April 2012

Arthur,

Thank you for reviewing us and still giving us a “5”.

From what I read, not sure these were deserved though, but I’d like to know more. Holiday Inn’s breakfast is one of our hallmarks! So I’ll contact you through Trip Advisor’s internal messaging service so that I could gather more about your experience, please.

Looking forward to getting it right again with you soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

+ This hotel is in a great location, and my room was very nice and clean, it also had a great bathroom & tub......

- I had requested an early check (11:00) in 2 months in advance and the receptionist even read the note i had written in my online booking when I arrived, but alas my room was not ready until the actual check in time (14:00).. needless to say I was extremely jet lagged and early check in was important.

- I was surprised to discover that the only truly free wifi is in the lobby only, and if you want it in your room you have to pay extra for it.

- I had also requested a wake up call that never came.

- also there was not a cash machine.

- during the very same wake up call request conversation, I asked them to hire a cab to take me to kings cross the next morning, when I woke up that morning to check what time I had specified - the receptionist said that there was no record of my request.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

The picture is clear, it must have been a spell of bad luck in these couple of days.

This sounds so not like our usual selves … we love to bend over backwards for you, nothing is too much trouble … or ‘trouble’ at all. But we didn’t do ourselves (and you) any favour on this instance. Would you accept our apologies for failing you so badly? Please.

On the side, I’d like to take the opportunity to confirm a couple of facts:
- Free WiFi is indeed only available in our Lobby, bar and restaurant
- Cash machines are available from 3 major UK and international banks about 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel (by Camden Town Tube or in the Markets)

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us and I’ll liaise with you through Trip’s internal messaging service to rearrange your next VVVIP visit.

We look forward to redeem our usual good reputation.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

I travel all over the world and nothing excites me more than staying at this hotel, because I know that I am always in for a great time. I stay here at least four times a year on business and pleasure and it never fails to be perfect? The rooms are lovely, wonderfully clean, great view of the canal and all the activity that it attracts. The breakfast is excellent, with a great selection of hot and cold foods, and very attentive staff. Treat yourself to a dinner at the Hotel you will be very pleased. The staff are superb, everyone from the reception staff to the kitchen staff are excellent and all so helpful and pleasant. The reservation manager Clarence is a fantastic ambassador for the company he could not do enough for me and my requests.well done Holiday inn Camden Lock you are a credit to the chain.

Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank FUSSYTRAVELLER57
Management response:Responded 23 June 2012

I knew your log-in was familiar. Always feels great to WOW a “fussy traveler”! And I had just ( yet very lately, sorry) replied to your previous review, from February.

Firstly, I’d like to confirm to everyone that we didn’t pay or ask for this one, promise!! If anyone thinks this is too good to be true, then you should come and check for yourself.

Now back to us, you are very much reassuring the whole team at the right time. Far from being perfect, it seemed we got it very wrong on two occasions (April and this month). Yet when negative reviews come all at once, Camdeners doubt. This is probably a healthy process to maintain and hopefully improve our standards.

So it is so nice of you to recognize everyone’s work and achievement. Thank you very much, and that’s from all of us! Good also to see that our back of house Camdeners are not being left out in the process … surely Clarence will be pleased to bits, as is the new Kitchen team!

Finally, I’d like to highlight what comes up again and again on this platform (and mentioned in your feedback). Our Housekeeping girls and boys are doing great, but we don’t want to take it for granted. Well done, Violetta and Teamies!

A big, massive ‘Thank You’!!

When are we seeing you next?

Eddy & your devoted Camdeners

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed here for the jubilee weekend through our priority club and I have to say it was a great hotel, when we got there we had an upgrade to a penthouse suite which had great views of London and the Camden area, could the millennium well in the distance. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very nice also, would happily stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
HolidayInnCamdenLock, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Thank you for your very sweet note!

When it comes to our most regular guests – our Priority Club Reward members -, we do intend to spare even less expense than with anyone else. And when the MESSAGE is well appreciated like this, that tells us we are on the right path. We like it!

Over the weekend, did you get your picture done with the cut-out of HM the Queen and Prince Philip in our lobby? We do share a few from that exciting weekend on our Facebook page.

Now, for your next visit, would you tell us a little ahead please? We’d love to prepare a little surprise, to give something extra.

We all look forward to it.

Eddy and the Camdeners

Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed for one night to attend a wedding in the area.
The staff were friendly and attentive and as helpful as you would expect.
The room we had was comfortable and tidy. We also had a view of the lock but not all rooms have this.
The hotel is also located far enough away from the high street that it was quiet at night and the noise from the pub just outside was kept out with good glazing.
The only down side was that the tap water tasted a bit suspect (this could just be a London water thing) - we were also disappointed the the hotel bar was closed about midnight however there are plenty of other local watering holes close to hand.
We didn't eat at the hotel however the Diner 20 yards down the road served up a fantastic range of food and sorted us for lunch and breakfast but is a little expensive.
We managed to get a room for under £100 so watch for deals as the listed room rate starts at £300 and it is not worth that sort of money

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the lock
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

I believe we had a few miss’s while you were staying with us:
- “tasty” water; I stayed over that weekend and had picked up too and already actioned remedial work
- our restaurant not visited; you missed out on our fairly priced and full buffet breakfast, plus our menu offering freshly cooked varied favourites from all over
- bar closed too early; always a “party killer” yet it is open 24hr for you so I’ll look into this one
- … and worse, we met with your expectations ...

We indeed endeavour to unexpectedly surprise our guests by the unexpected!!

So, would you come again for a fresh start? We do offer regular value for money throughout our websites and social media channels. You may also FIND HIDDEN offers … alternatively ask us, and we’ll make it worth every penny.

We’ll see you again soon. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stay in this hotel for business every so often. It's the best choice in the area, as Holiday Inn are a reliable chain and you get what you pay for. It's convenient for the tube and restaurants and is quiet for a London based hotel. I've never had a disturbed nights sleep and the beds are comfortable. There is plenty of choice for breakfast and the staff are friendly and reliable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the canal for a nicer view and a quieter sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rupert Y

We seem to make it easy and practical for you on every stay!

Believe me, we’re very pleased to hear that. Now, do you know that you could also CALL on us for anything extra, different, or whatever you can’t find otherwise? I am not saying we could get you an elephant like Harrod’s used to, but on the unexpected … we’re not too bad!

In the meantiME, we’ll keep looking after your beauty sleeps while down in London.

Thank you for sharing your short and sweet note with us all.

Eddy and your Camdeners
Holiday Inn London Camden Lock, your reliable London stopover.