Book now, pay at stay
US$148
US$135
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$153
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$391
US$274
US$166
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$127
Hotel 41(London)
US$1,033
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
1,443 results
All reviewskilburn stationpan asia restaurantcricklewood broadwayswimming pooladjoining pubjubilee linelovely hotelwembley stadiumoyster cardbus stophot breakfasttransport linksmin walkmarble archcentral londonst pancrasgood nights sleep
Reviewed April 1, 2018

The bathroom was enormous and probably the nicest part of the room. There was a huge tub, great water pressure from the shower (and a real showerhead, not a European hose deal), and exceptionally hot water. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean although some things felt a little worn. The gym area, while small, had a good selection of equipment (2 treadmills, a rowing machine, some weights, etc.) and the pool was large and looked clean if that's your thing. The breakfast had a decent selection of hot and cold items- there were enough yogurt and fruit to keep it healthy and the less healthy full English breakfast was solid. However, the location, if you're in London to sightsee isn't great. Although there is a bus stop literally outside the entrance, it's a 10-15 minute ride to any of the nearby tube stations and then a 15-20 minute tube ride to any of the major tourist sights. I consistently had a 40-45 minute trip to and from the hotel. Taxis were barely faster and VERY expensive (20-30 pounds) and even Uber was pricey (15-20 pounds). I could navigate this with google maps but it was a headache and would have been even harder without data. While the hotel has nicer amenities than what you would get in the city for the same price, I'm not sure it's worth it if you're doing a ton of sightseeing or want to be out late in the city.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Eliza T
Clayton_Crown_Hotel, Deputy General Manager at Clayton Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Eliza T,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review,
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us,
I hope you enjoyed the sights of London

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Billed as a 4* hotel.

Abrupt and unfriendly staff.
Tired facilities
The A/C in the room was faulty. On arrival it showed the room at 26 degrees. With the A/C on for an hour it reached 26.5.
(Doors and windows closed following the instructions to cool the room)
To hot to sleep so opened the window unfortunately the Mac Donald’s across the street delivers so scooters Erving and sounding horns made up close the window and suffer a sweaty night.
Spoke to the receptionist in the morning and they were able to repair the A/C to cool to 23 degrees making for uncomfortable nights.
Bath and hand basin very slow to drain so if you shower you end up with the shower mat floating in 6 inches of water.
The bed was tatty the pillows stained.

Decor was ok.
Reception and bar looked very nice.
The advertised Pan Asia restaurant did not exist. The food from the “Grill” could have been so much better.

The breakfast was good. Fresh and tasty and plenty of choice.

Unfortunately the coffee machine broke so no coffee or tea.

I have stayed in worse hotels. But I have also stayed in 2-3* that could really put this one to shame.

At a push I would stay again if I couldn’t find anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Darrallj,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor,
Firstly I would like to take this time to apologise about your recent experience you had with us at the Clayton Crown Hotel,
If you had the time I would be very interested to discuss your stay in more detail,
My email address is phogan@claytonhotels.com

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

My Son & I stayed here for 5 days last month. The room was decent and clean. Staff are nice and helpful. It’s a bit far from City Center, though bus stop is right in front of the hotel and tube station is about 1.5 miles. Once you get familiar with it, it’s pretty easy to get around the City. The hotel is also next door to grocery store and few eateries around. The only negative is, once you booked your stay, cancellation is next to impossible.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen V

Dear Ellen V,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor,
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the team were helpful,
I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty in canceling your booking and I will look into this further for you.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Service: The waiters and waitresses were very warm and attentive to our needs. Prior to our booking, I phoned to ensure that the sandwiches we were going to have with the afternoon tea were vegetarian and some without butter /margarine. They were more than happy to help and asked if we had any other dietary requirements.

Food: Lovely food - the tea consisted of sandwiches, scones, cupcakes, cheesecake bites and a choice of tea/ coffee. The scones particularly stood out! My father double checked with the waitress if the cupcakes were suitable for vegetarians and unfortunately they weren’t. The waitress kindly replaced the cupcakes with a huge portion of scones and an assortment of different cakes.

Setting: The afternoon tea was served in a ‘grill/pub’ type of restaurant - it was nice but we though the tea would be served in a tea room. The hotel itself is lovely generally.

It was a nice experience for less than £15 a head and would definitely return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear nicoleawise,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor,
I'm delighted you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience with us at the Clayton Crown hotel,
I hope we get to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future

Reviewed March 11, 2018

I have just spent three weeks at the Clayton Crown as there were builders in my home and I couldn't stay there. I didn't know what to expect, and was very pleasantly surprised. My room had everything I needed, warm and quiet with a comfortable bed and was extremely clean, as was the bathroom. There is a very good choice at breakfast, and the food was delicious, everything I wanted. In addition the staff are exceptionally friendly, polite and helpful and the people on reception were great, nothing was too much trouble. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear cleoolivia,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Trip Advisor,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Clayton Crown hotel and the team were able to look after you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again