“Excellent value for money”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #250 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Excellent value for money at this clean friendly hotel, plenty of ameneties offered and all utilities worked as they should. The quiet location was as described just five minutes walk from Paddington trains and tubes, the air conditioning was a godsend for an August break.

The staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast's wholesome and plentiful. No complaints, just a well done to the management and staff of the Park Grand Hotel Hyde Park London, who provided us with excellent value for money in a Duplex/Quad room with two adults and two teenagers

Room Tip: Choose a duplex or quad room even if it is not strictly needed, you can sit in one room and sleep in...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Meredith,

It was a great pleasure to read your review of Park Grand London Hyde Park and all it has to offer. We are very proud of our high level of service and receiving such positive feedback inspires and motivates us to maintain such high standards.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Park Grand London Hyde Park

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here with our 2 grandchildren in a "quad" room which consisted of 2 very comfortable double beds. Room was small but very clean and tidy. Bathroom was very small but excellent power shower. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. Concierge facility enabled us to leave our luggage free of charge on our departure day for collection later that evening.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith G

Dear Keith ,

Many thanks for sharing your very kind feedback. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We checked out yesterday after a 3 night stay with our 2 kids aged 12 & 8. We stayed in London to do all the tourist things and have absolutely loved it!
The hotel was perfect for our needs and I would highly recommend it for families with children. We stayed in a clubroom (or duplex suite as it was described on the website). We had a super-comfy bed downstairs and the kids were upstairs on a mezzanine level (which they loved). There was a flatscreen tv on both levels and even a small kitchenette upstairs!
Bathroom was small but luxurious with toilettries. Breakfast had everything we all fancied. Fresh fruit and flowers and even free wifi in the rooms. The staff were polite and helpful. The hotel was modern, clean and well presented.
To sum up, it was perfect for us, we will stay again. When we booked in the day before, there was a special offer and I can't believe we paid less for this quality hotel than 3 nights in a Travelodge without breakfast!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is very encouraging to see guests enjoying and having a good experience while staying with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance you may require or for any future reservations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was a little dubious after reading some of the reviews on trip advisor. However we arrived mid noon and were promptly checked. We did have to leave a £10 deposit and thr girl on reception couldn't really explain why, however this was refunded us the next day!
Our room was very warm but soon cooled down when we put the air con on! Room had water leak mark on ceiling, however was immaculately clean! Bathroom is so small you bang your elbow on shower when cleaning your teeth and I could hear the person next door snoring!
Breakfast was lovely and served 7.30-10.30! For the price we payed it was good value for money and good location!

• Stayed: August 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Park Grand London Hyde Park & thank you for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated as this will assist us to improve our service standards.

Some rooms & bath tend to look compact due to the structure of the building . We are very sorry if this was not what you expected to be. Kindly let us know in advance about your future visit as we will ensure a nice & spacious room is allocated for you as per your choice.

With regards to GBP 10, it’s a deposit for the incidentals and if you do not use any hotel facilities (i.e. Telephone, Bar etc) we refund all on departure.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I arrived at the hotel just after 11.00am and was told that check-in would not be until 2pm which was fine - I waited in the area adjacent to the reception desk as I had just arrived after a 27 hour flight and was content just to sit.

Just after 1pm I was advised that my room was ready - room #501. Upon arrival at the room I was amazed at the size of the room after having stayed in horrifically small rooms in London hotels previously.

The room contained a King size bed and was split level with a glass wall seperating the bathroom from the bedroom - it was simply brilliant!!

The room appeared to be newly refurbished and contained a welcome fruit basket and complimentary bottled spring water.

Even with the window open there was complete silence from traffic.

Breakfast was standard English with all expected items.

Hyde park was a 15 minute walk away with Paddington Station only 5 minutes from the hotel.

Contrary to other reviews on this hotel I have no issue at all in highly recommending this property!!

Room Tip: Room number 501
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

I am very happy that we have contributed to make your stay a successful one. It was a pleasure looking after you and I would love to personally welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I work in travel and let me start by saying i never take much notice to reviews on trip adviser...... DO NOT BOOKTHIS HOTEL AND TAKE NOTICE OF ALL THE REVIEWS BELOW, UPON REFLECTION MY EXPERIENCE APPEARS TO BE A COMMON THEME WITH BOOKINGS AT THIS HOTEL.

I booked a DUPLEX SUITE ROOM, directly with the hotel online and payment was taken from my card before arrival.

I arrived at the hotel at 12pm, signed my booking card, filled in my personal details and was told my room wasnt yet ready and check in was scheduled for 2pm. All Absolutely fine this 2 hr wait would give me the chance to get my bearings etc. The hotel stored my bag for these 2 hours.

The room that was on my checkin card which i signed allocated to me and my party of 3 was 122.

I returned to the hotel at around 14.30 and this is when it stared to go wrong..... When i arrived to get my key for my room, the Girl on Checkin Emma - was frantically looking for my details and such That i asked her if everything was ok..... I was then told that the hotel no longer had my room available and no longer had a Duplex suite available. She spent several calls back and forward to what in assuming is central resevations, who continually kept hanging up on her. They were telling her to tell me that the room wasnt available and i had been allocated another room. this went on for another 5mins and she finally handed over a key to room 202, to which I asked - "this is a duplex suite?" - She instantly replied "yes".

My party of three headed up the lift to our room. Upon opening the door not shocked by what i Found this was a double room. NOT A DUPLEX SUITE. There was a double bed and i sofa bed that if i wanted to actually open i would have had to have piled up other furniture on top of each other and moving the sofa bed into an angle.

To say i was raging was an understatement. I booked paid and signed for a DUPLEX SUITE. I got LIED to by the receptionist Emma. I was told on my return to the receprion desk that my booking was never confirmed and they allocate rooms on checkin and there was none left. I was on Q apparently. I demanded to see what i had signed only 2hrs earlier. I demanded to speak to the resevations team and that i would NOT accept that room as it wasnt what i paid for. there was no manger on site either and I was told I would only be able to speak to resevartions in the morning as they were refusing to speak to me. They told emma that 202 was a QUAD room and that was the only room they were prepared to put me into. THAT WAS NOT A QUAD ROOM. I DO HAVE PHOTOS OF THIS ROOM. I finally got a copy of what i had signed for but i was told this room was occupied by another party, there was a mistake by resevations.

After much shouting and deliberation - we got another room for my friend to sleep in as there was no way Anyone could have slept on the sofa bed in the tiny space that it was suppose to fold out into. ROOM M4 - Was what could only be described as a total hole. it was disgusting, but we had no other option but to take it.

The thing I am angry about the most is when we first arrived at the hotel - if they didnt have the room why take our bags and get us to come back? they must have know that the room wasnt there. We were heading to the Olympic closing ceremony and I wasted more time than I need to arguing with staff 3hrs after first got to the hotel. THEN BEING LIED TO - SHE MUST HAVE KNOWN I WOULD COME BACK DOWN AFTER SHE LIED SAYING IT WAS A DUPLEX. I WAS FURIOUS.

My theory is that i booked online and i got 50% off the room rate as per the special they were running. They then took a booking from someone that paid full price and I was made to go into a room that i could have booked online for cheaper than what I paid for which was the DUPLEX.

The next day I spoke the manager Ankur. He was very apologetic but could not offer me an explanation as to why my room was there at 12 but not there by 2. He offered me a 30% refund on my stay - refused saying i want a full refund. He said he could not do that and then offered me a 25% refund......... EH??????? My total bill was £116. - £36 back was what i was offered. SHOCKING. I said i would not accept anything less than £66 - after being messed around and then lied to. Again i asked him why the room wasnt available and he said we unfortunately had to carry out maintanance on the room and it wasnt fit health and safety for any guests........ FUNNY CAUSE THATS NOT WHATS I WAS TOLD BY EMMA YESTERDAY. And upon this health and safety revelation - i would like the health and safety looked into on room 202 - a quad room that requires you to physically move a chair, table, dressing able and a sofa to get a bed out.

i got a refund of £50 and Im still not happy. I am going to be getting in contact with the reservations of this hotel and will be passing my experience onto my own company to make sure that we as a Company NEVER book this bunch of cowboys

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. DO NOT BOOK ANY HOTELS IN THE SHAFTESBURY HOTEL GROUP.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE - You wont get what you paid for anyway
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank kirstin21
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for the time and effort taken to write it.

I am deeply concerned to hear about all inconveniences caused to you at The Park Grand London Hyde Park.

To discuss this matter further, I request you to please contact me on
housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here for four nights during the OS week. It was very clean and just around 5-10 min walk to the underground. The breakfast was the best breakfast we haved eat in London, been here about five times. We would come back.

Room Tip: Dont choose the lower ground.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

I thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding the Breakfast , I am also glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am sure you will be back and give us the pleasure to welcome you back to The Park Grand.