US$244
US$211
US$160
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$76
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$217
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$133
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$110
Official Site
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Hotel 41(London)
US$669
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
2,332 results
All reviewspaddington stationmr sakarhyde parkduplex roomheathrow expressbusiness triprooms are smallconvenient locationbreakfast was excellentenglish breakfastfull englishoxford streetyogurtpounds
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in the hotels and i have mixed feelings, some things are good and others are bad.
When we arrive at 15.00h our room was not ready, but they apoligized 2 times. And after 10 minutes we could go into the room.
At th reception desk were friendly people.
The room was small, very small. But all you need is in the room! It looked good. The bed was very small and the matress was so saggy, so with 2 people in the same bed it was not comfortable. The pilows were good!
The bathroom was clean, but in the bedroom they didn't vacuuming all the days. The cups for the tea/coffee were also dirty. We put a don't disturb sign, and at new years day at 10 in the morning the housekeeping came to knock they want to clean the room! But we had don't disturb on the door.
The worst thing in the room was the noise of the other rooms,you could hear people talk in the room next to you and in the room above us, you could hear every step the people made!!!
So we won't go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank missestera
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My boyfriend booked this hotel end of October as a Christmas present for me, upon arrival today to be told they had a system error and had over booked... Although When we rang up last night they confirmed we had a booking and everything was fine. I will admit after reading reviews on here last night I thought this would happen.. So they sent us in a taxi to the grand royal hotel.. And got given a room which was literally abed and that was it, you couldn't even walk around the bed! Very disappointed in this hotel as we were looking forward to our stay. Believe negative reviews and don't bother booking a room cause you won't get what you booked!

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sophie A

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I decided to book a trip to London as a post Christmas getaway for myself and my Mother.
I found this hotel online as part of a special deal.

I arrived with my Mother, after half a day of sightseeing in London. We were looking forward to a rest and cup of tea. When we got to the desk we were faced with two unprofessional staff members. One was looking very shabby like he could barely dress himself and the other looked reasonable. They were both very unclear in what they were saying to us but eventually managed to state that the room we had booked had maintenance issues. I asked why they hadn't called and they said that they hadn't had the time. Next thing we knew we were faced with choosing two singles or going to another hotel in the Shaftesbury "Elite" Collection.

We chose to swap because we wanted a twin room.
I asked that the room be to the same standard in the alternative hotel, and that they put us in a quiet room.
We waited for a while. In the meantime a couple came in and were told the same thing, and offered a cup of tea (which we were not offered).

I paid then for this new room (no. 111) and we were escorted across the road to the Shaftesbury Premier. We were given room no. 118 (The Clubman) - This room was flawed and there were air conditioning units situated outside the window (which had a draft) - we had a broken nights sleep which impacted on Sundays sightseeing.

The Hyde Park Grand could not have been 4 Star - running a hotel isn't brain surgery - ensure you have maintenance teams at hand, train your staff to be courteous and speak in understandable and well constructed sentences, dress smartly, treat people with equality, and ensure that you stay in contact with guests should problems arise.

This is not the first time this has occurred - looking back at previous posts there have been many times this has happened - 1st Aug, 19th Oct, 31st Oct, 27th Nov, 7th Dec, 8th Dec.

I look forward to the managers response and also will be posting a review to the Shaftesbury Premier page - as that hotel also had much to be desired.

I will never go to this chain of hotels again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Julia L

Miriam

Reviewed December 21, 2012

You're in Town Visiting or for Business on a budget or not ; Grand London Hyde Park is The Place! Great customer Service . Very detailed and Professional ! From the Moment you check in
To the time you reach your Room. Rooms are very Clean . The Restaurant has a Great Service every morning. Great People , Friendly and Professional.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 19, 2012

A lovely hotel, we never seemed to exit Paddington station the same way twice so it took some finding. The staff were nice, not very chatty but always said good morning and called the lift or held doors open. The room was small but adequate, the bed was SOOOOO comfy and the room temperature was perfect. The bathroom was very small but the shower took up most of this so was lovely not to climb over a bath to shower. Water temperature was perfect, towels were a little on the small side but I just like a big bath sheet!
The room was absolutely spotlessly clean, which is the main factor for me. Tea & coffee facilities were replenished each day and the hair dryer was the best I have ever used!
Breakfast was nice, I think the orange juice was a bit over diluted and the tea was quite weak on our first morning, but again this is personal preference. Everything was hot enough, there was more than enough choice and a good English breakfast is a must when we are sightseeing in London.
I would certainly consider staying here again for the price and especially if we are visiting the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland again as the location was brilliant for this. Maybe a bit too far out of the West End for a one night stay but we were there 2 so it was fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our hotel cleanliness.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards