“Very good location and excellent breakfast”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #241 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The room was indeed rather small as was the bathroom but it really had all you needed. Bedding was great as was the shower . Airco and heating were perfect as I was staying in January. Reception staff was very efficient and extremely friendly. Breakfast was excellent even outstanding to English standards. I never had to wait one second to have anything done or taken care off. Checking in and out in the blink of an eye. Very handy is the free mobile you are granted during your stay. The hotel is on walking distance from Paddington station which gives you a direct link to St Pancras. Hyde Park and Kensington Palace are just around the block. There is an abundant choice of restaurants in the immediate neighbourhood. Apart from the room s space, but it was well furnished and spotlessly clean, this is certainly a very good high standard 4 star London hotel that I would certainly recommend. I had a room on the 5th Floor, road side and it was most quiet to sleep as it is not situated on a very traffic dense boulevard!!! Still very close to city center by bus or tube!!

Room Tip: Don t hesitate to go for a road view room. Windows are very well isolated
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Dirk D ,
Thank you for taking the time to share this great and very informative review of The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel following your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor Community .
I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be situated in the perfect location. Thank you for highlighting the great service you had received from our staff and the delicious breakfasts freshly made from home grown British produce that you had experienced whilst staying with us.

I was concerned to hear about the issues you experienced with regards to your room and bathroom . However, please be advised that our property benefits from wide range of room categories and a variety of different rate options and packages to suit all travellers .

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when I am confident we will be able to find the best possible room options to suit your needs and value perspectives .

Sakar Bhattarai

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We arrived late in the evening at the hotel and there was already a queue at the reception. Staff simply was not able to find any reservation in their system and asked for confirmation codes. I did not hear this questions for years. After providing these they did not find any reservation for my friend and some other folks in the queue. Asking what to di now the seriously responded: "Go on the internet and search". WHAT?
They found my reservation while my friend was trying to find something else. If I only would have done that as well. This was the smallest room ever and it was even in the underground level with a small windows to a backyard. The room was about 2x3m and the bathroom another 1x1. Paying 200GBP/night for this is ridiculous. Early checkout was not possible. Breakfast was OK if you can find a staff member that is able to understand the complex request: "Tea please".
Bath room was not clean.
Never ever again!!

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mai3096

Dear Mai3096 ,
Thank you for sharing your insights of Park grand London Hyde Park following your recent stay with us. We appreciate all kinds of constructive feedback as it allows us to review our standards and further improve our hotel experience. It is with our great concern to have learned that we did not deliver an experience that met your expectations or the proud service standards of ours which renowned for.
Please accept our unreserved apologies for inconvenience caused .

I have tried to locate your reservation in our system , however , I am unable to do so therefore I kindly request you to please send us your reservation details in order for us to locate your reservation and understand be your review better .
Moreover , I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly at
dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk or you can reach me on 02072624521 to further investigate and discuss your experience with us and to restore your confidence in our hotel.

We sincerely hope for an opportunity to deliver a much improved Park Grand experience to you in the future. We thank you once again for your much valuable feedback.

With renewed apologies,
Sakar Bhattarai

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located on a nice street, 5 minute walk to Paddington station. We stayed in the family room which we found clean but extremely small. Double beds were also small in size. The bathroom was about 2 square meters! The plus in the room was the presence of air conditioning. Breakfast was OK. The reception was also attentive and helpful. The price was aligned to what you get in return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear HakanTheTraveller,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay.

We are pleased that you found our staff to be very attentive and our location to be convenient. We sincerely appreciate and value your comments as we strive to improve each and every stay.
On the other hand, it is disappointing to read that we fell short of your expectations in regards to the room size and for this we want to extend our apologies.
Nevertheless, we are absolutely confident that we have something to offer for all our guests from a value perspective and can only hope that we will get the opportunity to accommodate you in one of our Duplex Suites in the future.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel on 27.1.17 way in advance as we had tickets for the BST concert in Hyde Park. I guaranteed my booking with my debit card details. I emailed the hotel the week before departure to ensure all was ok and the hotel replied saying looking forward to welcoming you. On the day of the concert I rang the hotel from the train on the way into London to confirm we had arrived but to say as the concert started at 1pm(before check-in time) we were going straight there so wouldn't be checking in until later, they said that was fine. At 17.42pm I received a text from the central reservations team saying room was 'Not guaranteed and therefore cancelled' . We were in Hyde Park with 65000 people on the same day as London Gay Pride day with no room available for miles. We are females in our 50s and 60s. This spoiled our whole experience. As it was impractical for us to make calls from our mobiles due to the excessive noise/surroundings etc we had no option other than to text our families to try and sort out the mess. They eventually did find us a room at the opposite side of London for twice the price we had secured at this hotel plus found out that the booking was cancelled due to boiler issues. No apology was then or has since been given, and on top of that the full fee for room was taken from my bank account. I have made numerous calls to the hotel since arriving home trying to get the payment reversed. At one point I was told 'it should be reversed but if it isn't get back to us and we will look at it!'.
Shocking. I never expected such treatment from a reputable brand hotel!! Please be aware when booking with this company!! Did anybody else experience this on the 8th July ??

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Christina,

Thank you for your time to write this review.
It is regretful to read that on this special occasion we were unsuccessful in securing your reservation and on behalf of our entire team, I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Unfortunately, our booking system experienced some unexpected changes in that particular day and for this reason we could not honour your reservation.
However, despite this occurrence I am saddened to know that you felt the need to leave a negative review having not even stepped foot in the Park Grand Hyde Park.
We take all negative reviews here very seriously and we would greatly wish to have an opportunity to welcome you to the hotel and if you could contact me on dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk, I would be more than happy to personally assist you with your future booking.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The Park Grand was a completely random choice, booking.com threw up a variety of hotels in the area, PG offered onsite parking.

I travel a lot and know how competitive this market is, for a single night stay it is hard to impress. Having driven down in the evening from the Midlands after a daytime work event, simple hospitality was required rather than over servicing.

A greeting from an accented doorman set the tone, stripped back polite and professional. He read my body language well, engaged in conversation without intruding and handled the foyer needs perfectly.

Arini (apologies for spelling) checked me in smoothly and guided me on dinner and breakfast options. A couple were checking in next to me and the nature of their transaction was equally smooth and welcoming.

A long morning flight to Sydney meant no nightlife, no desire to seek out an intimate meal for one, a straight forward quality meal with a beer was needed and the front bar delivered.

Arini turned out to be the shift supervisor and an exceptional hostess, she offered engaging conversation with all the bar guests without hesitation. Simple normal everyday conversation is rare at 10pm on a Saturday evening in a hotel bar, but its gold dust for the solo business traveller.

Breakfast was exceptional, a wide variety of high quality food and drink served by a merry band of restaurant staff.

Check out was as smooth as check in and Heathrow was my next destination.

I describe this review as a memorable night simply because it was perfect. Everyone made my stay just happen, everything simply worked. It's very hard to make that happen so naturally.

Thank you particularly to Arini but also to all the staff of PG.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AdventurousAlex
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear AdventurousAlex,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback following your recent visit at the Park Grand London Hyde Park hotel.
We are extremely glad to read that you found our hotel to be a perfect place for relaxation after a long working day. We believe that simplicity attracts perfection, and we are proud that we have created a memorable experience during your stay.
I will be more than privileged to communicate your wonderful comments across the hotel staff. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Stayed here just one night for business reasons. The room was really small, as more rooms are in London, and so was the bathroom. Everything seemed clean and the bed was comfy enough for one night. Unfortunately the room wasn't soundproof as I could hear my neighbors television (turned on mine to let them know how noisy they were) and woke up several times at night due to passing guests. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Wereldreiziger,

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay.
Although we do try our possible best to offer all our guests a very pleasant experience, there are a few aspects that are beyond our control.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you a better experience in the future.
Please do not hesitate to inform our reception or reservations department about your room preferences and we will try our best to fulfil them.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

London is an expensive place to stay even for just a night or two. The Park Grand hotels offer a wonderfully warm feeling and welcome that larger chains can't deliver.
This was my first stay but will not be my last.

Room Tip: The duplex rooms provide even more space for families.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Denysedd,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your unprecedented experience with us.
At the Park Grand London Hyde Park we do aim to deliver a completely memorable and special experience for all of our guests, so I was delighted to hear we achieved this during your stay.
I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Kindest regards,