“Location good for Hyde park but.....”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #251 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We booked this for 4 adults and were given option of a suite. When we arrived and shown the room we were impressed. It had one huge bed and one sofa bed. The sofa bed is not suitable for 2 adults and is actually advertised for a family. Two us our party had a very uncomfortable night and the hotel staff were not helpful. We wasted 2hours of our Saturday morning waiting to speak to manager. Whilst he did give us another room, he insulted us by referring to our size. I also enquirer about a vegetarian breakfast as I was told on first morning that I had to book this when booking room. He told me a shouldn't be a vegetarian. He also promised his business card to give us a good deal next time but of course we never saw him again. Hotel is clean and in good location but not impressed at all with reception and management.

Room Tip: If more than 2 adults get 2doubke rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Scarfy37 ,
Thank you for your review following your experience with us at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel.

I am naturally extremely sorry to read your feedback , and to know that you left the hotel with much of disappointment. We were of course further saddened to know that your impression of the infrastructure of the room and our services in particular led to you feeling let down despite scoring us as excellent with regards to our service standard .
Moreover, It saddened me more reading your comment regarding your experience with our manager. Please be advised that, at The Park Grand London Hyde Park, we hold exceptionally high standards and we endeavour to preserve this by demonstrating attentive and personalized service to all our guests .

It is again with so much of disappointment , I have tried to locate your reservation in our system , however , I am unable to do so therefore I kindly request you to please send us your reservation details in order for us to locate your reservation and understand be your review better .
Moreover , I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly at
dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk or you can reach me on 02072624521 to further investigate and discuss your experience with us and to restore your confidence in our hotel.

We sincerely hope for an opportunity to deliver a much improved Park Grand experience to you in the future. We thank you once again for your much valuable feedback.

Sakar Bhattarai

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel is horrible. The room being small it was included in the description. The fact that the windows do not close properly and they consider it ok, wasnt't. The hair dryer and complimentary mobile phone were broken. The kettle was musty. The towels were pretty dated.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Raluca84 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel .

I am extremely disappointed to hear that on this particular occasion your experience was not as it should have been and you were unhappy with the room.

Please be advised that, at The Park Grand London Hyde Park, we hold exceptionally high standards and we endeavour to preserve this by demonstrating attentive and personalized service to all our guests.
However , if you had brought this issues to our dedicated team at the front desk , we would had happily showed you another room or perhaps bigger according to your perspective and values and regarding our highly recommending Handy Phone would had offered you a replacement if was not working .
Although very much disappointed, We would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused, we hope that your experience has not permanently tarnished your view of our hotel and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Whenever you do decide to stay with us again, please do feel free to contact me directly and at the mean time I welcome you to contact me at 02072624521 or e-mail me at dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk if you wish to discuss further regarding your stay with us and it would be my pleasure to personally assist in any way possible.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

It was a nice hotel, our room was on 0-floor. Room was ok, but littlebit weird because there was a door to the tiny room or somekind of closet? And inside there was lot of paperboxes somekind accounting papers etc? And bathroom have a large window to the otherside. There was only black curtain what covers window at otherside so you cant control it. If you go with your friends and you dont want them see you naked then dont take this room :D because curtain is only otherside and everyone can open it :D. Ventilation at bathroom was weird and dont have any guide for it. And A/C machine at restaurant was too high and cold. If u sit under it with your warm breakfast its not anymore warm. But the location and the staff was perfect.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Lauri L ,
Thank you for taking the time to share this important feedback with us. Whilst we are glad to receive your positive remarks in some areas including the warm welcoming you received from our proud team members , it is truly disappointing to know that we failed to meet your expectations in regards to the room you stayed with us .

Whilst my disappointment reading your feedback , please be inform you that we do indeed have a five room categories, all of which are more spacious and probably more suitable to your needs.

We are confident that we have something to offer to all our guests from a space and value perspective and I can only hope that you will reach out to me directly at dm@parkgrandhydepark.co.uk . Should you ever reconsider staying with us again so I can personally assist you and fully restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome place

Great staff

Very helpful team

Central location

10 out of 10
We loved our stay at the park grand and staff were very very very helpful in all day in and out
Mr Sakar thank you for everything

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sumeet K ,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Grand London Hyde Park and for sharing such a wonderful feedback.

We are glad to know that our facilities and services met expectations. We are very proud of our team here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park and we really do appreciate all guest feedback as it is only through comments such as your own that we are truly able to measure how our guests perceive our services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park in the near future!

Kind Regards,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My mother and I went to London at the beginning of July. We chose this hotel because it was near Hyde Park where I was going to the Tom Petty concert on Sunday the 9th. The hotel was expensive and when we arrived, first there were a lot of people trying to do the check-in. We waited around 40 minutes or so. Apparently the place was undergoing some construction or (much needed) renovations or something so they moved us to a different building and it was terrible. We asked for double room with two beds,and they gave what is supposed to be that but it was tiny, we barely could fit with our bags, let alone move around the room. When we asked to be changed the people on the other property, which I'm guessing it's cheaper than the other one, told us they had to charge for the upgrade so, because we really didn't fit in the other room, we accepted. But this other room was bad too. We found a few ants on one of the beds, then one morning the shower didn't work and they couldn't fix. The water was too hot and the solution they gave me was to leave the water from the faucet open while taking a shower so it could be more cold....so as you can read, it was a mess. The only thing good was that it is indeed really close to Hyde Park and two different Tube stations: Paddington and Lancaster Gate. Around Paddington you can find options to eat. There was one guy, but I can't remember his name, that was extremely helpful. So I really want to thank him because the really did tried to assist me and my mother. Anyway, as usual, hotel rooms does not look like in the pretty pictures on their websites. For me, this was an expensive hotel that was definitely not worth it and I do not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Park Grad Hyde Park with high hopes. On checking in, the lady at the reception desk didn't have the friendliest attitude, was very matter of fact and somewhat brash.
I was given the key to my room and made my way over.
On arrival to my room, I noticed that the trash was not emptied from the previous guest (it contained some personal papers - probably a good idea not to throw these out in a hotel bin as you don't know if they're emptying the trash). As well as this, the bed sheets had small red stains on them which you would not expect for £130 a night.
If given the choice, I would not stay in this hotel again as the rooms were very small and for the price, the cleanliness was not up to the standard that it should have been. Continental breakfast for £10 was as expected - scrambelled eggs, mushrooms, bacon, cereals etc.
A positive, however, was the bed was very comfortable and the pillows were nice and firm.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Concettinaaa ,
Thank you for sharing your insights of Park grand London Hyde Park following your recent stay with us. We appreciate all kinds of constructive feedback as it allows us to review our standards and further improve our hotel experience. It is with our great concern to have learned that we did not deliver an experience that met your expectations or the proud service standards of ours which renowned for.
Please accept our unreserved apologies for inconvenience caused .

Moreover , I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly at

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for 7 nights and it was really awesome .
Hotel is in good location good stuff this why i choose to stay .
I booked a deluxe single room and it was smaller than I expected. I will book double next time .
All staff are very friendly , special mention to Mr sakar who is very nice .
I would recommend this hotel to everybody.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank abdulilah S
GurdeepsinghSENATOR, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear Abdulilah S ,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your recent stay at The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel on TripAdvisor community .

I am delighted to learn that your stay was a thoroughly enjoyable experience in every aspect. It gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our excellent service, our attentive team, the hotel decor, the well appointed room .

Moreover , it elates my happiness to hear that you truly appreciated the attention to detail provided by our team especially Sakar who always goes the extra mile to deliver outstanding service to the end, and beyond.

It was wonderful to read your comments and rest assured that I will share your feedback with the team who always take great pride in ensuring each guest has a memorable stay.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Park Grand London Hyde Park Hotel in not too distant future.

With my warm regards,