All reviews travel lodge town centre high street dlr station room was clean and comfortable london city airport family room transport links no air con late at night following morning tea and coffee night's sleep three nights night stay budget hotel cooked breakfast
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I went to the travel lodge in room of the “bakery” And the room was clean, large size, it was quiet and pleasant. The receptionist was soo pleasant and warm and was happy to make the adjustments that I required for my stay.
The bed was comfy and I had no back issues in the morning which was great. The mattress was really good. The rooms view wasn’t great but I didn’t ask for that, I asked for a large room so it very much fit for purpose. Thank you Travelodge

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2018

Where do I start... Arrived at the hotel for a 6 night stay. The desk clerk checked us in and gave us our key card. On arriving at the room there was the standard "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door handle and noises coming from the room. Less said about the noises coming from the room the better, as we had our son with us. Go back to the desk and the desk clerk checks his system, he has indeed given us the wrong room number. Upon getting into the correct room, we find a double bed and a smaller bed underneath the clothes hanging rail. The outside lamppost was directly outside the window and the curtains would not close properly. This was a "Family Room" apparently. My wife then went back to the desk clerk to see why we have a double room and not a family room as per our booking. The desk clerk says it is first come first served and bookings are allocated centrally by head office, and that the hotel is fully booked... But they do have 3 other rooms we could try?! We finally were given a larger family room on the "Quiet/Business Floor".
Second night, we got back to the hotel to unwind after a busy day. As we are all falling to sleep there is a shouting and lots of banging and crashing coming from across the hallway. A drunk couple were booked into a family room, as a walk-in booking. They proceed to continue their domestic dispute and wreck their room. Police were then called, and all the commotion finally died down around 2:30am.
The third night was relatively ok. But we were too tired by this point, we needed sleep.
The following morning, the lights were playing up and we all had to shower under torchlight. We mentioned this to the desk as we left the building and they said it was strange. No offer to have it looked into.
We arrive back in the evening, and someone has been in our room to put a heater in. This despite us not requesting said heater and having the "Don Not Disturb" sign on the door. We question this at the desk and nobody appears to know who has been in the room and why! The desk clerk says he will get us a fan to cool the room down again. As we wait for the fan to be brought up to us, the full electrics in the room stop working. No plug sockets, no lighting, and no chance of us plugging the fan in to cool the room down.
The desk clerk then brings the fan up to our room, and we realise that the room across the corridor from us has also lost their electrics. In said room were 3 builders who were also clearly drunk. Drunk people being booked on the "Quiet/Business Floor" in a large family room... seems to be a reoccurring theme. The desk clerk says that he will see if they can sort the electrics to both rooms and will be back in 5 minutes.
30 minutes later, the desk clerk returns and says that we have to switch rooms, as the electrician cannot come out until the following morning. So, we have to pack up our belongings in the dark and move rooms. Oh, this was now 12:30am by the way. By the time we settle down to sleep it is gone 1:30am. The builders in the meantime have managed to get free drinks at the bar as compensation. Which they fully intended to claim.
They proceed to return to their new rooms at 2:30am, emphasis on the plural, which are the two rooms opposite our new room. More drunk, and still on the "Quiet/Business Floor". Shouting to each other whilst walking up the corridor.
The new room had a toilet with a broken flush and the water trickles down constantly at the back of the pan.
The following day we are told by the desk clerk that the electrician could find nothing wrong with the electrics in the previous room. But the same thing happened a couple of weeks before in the same rooms!
The fifth night was relatively ok, other than the trickling water in the toilet.
The final night there was banging coming from one of the rooms around us, but at this point we were too tired and without a care. We could see the light at the end of the tunnel and our escape from the Travelodge at Woolwich.
Upon leaving the following day, the desk clerk suddenly appeared and asked us if we enjoyed our stay. We said we had not, as there had been too many issues and we were all tired from our stay.
On the following day I received the generic email from Travelodge asking me to rate my stay and there would be a chance to post a review on Trip Advisor after the survey. I gave an unfavourable opinion, due the various issues. Funnily enough the connection to Trip Advisor after the survey didn’t materialise.
I then sent message to register a complaint to Customer Services via the Travelodge website, and as yet have not had a response. That was 4 days ago!
All of these issues could have been avoided, but Travelodge policy seems stop this. There is also a major issue when a staff member tells you that as a budget hotel chain, you shouldn't expect to not have some issues!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Companion66133057314
Reviewed October 25, 2018

This is a great place to stay to visit the O2.
It is 20 minutes by public bus, so you can park your car at the hotel and then catch public transport.
The staff were very friendly and the room was a good size with tea and coffee.
Room was clean and the pillows were awesome.
The mattress was good, but sagged a little in the middle.
Overall we only slept at the hotel and did not use it extensively as we went to a concert!

Room tip: Try not to stay close to the lift...
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2018

DLR, buses, taxis are good way to get from here to the O2 which was the main purpose of my stay. I used the DLR to get here, a bus to get to the 02 and a taxi back. The location is a pretty good asset. Close to the O2 but far away enough to be cheaper than hotels which may be closer but also more expensive. Travelodge are best value when booked in advance ideally with a discount code or voucher. The room I had was quite good even though it was your standard room, it could have been a bit cleaner but for 1 nights sleep it was fine. There's a restaurant attached which serves food and the breakfast is just about worth it although there is a large burger restaurant chain down Powis Street if you want to save a few quid.
Even though it could be cleaner and maybe cheaper I would definitely consider this again when I'm up at the O2 or in the surrounding area.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2018

I was given a room directly adjacent to the main door to the 1st floor. As a result, I was kept awake all night by a slamming door and subsequent vibrations through the bed.The room window was also jammed and wouldn't shut properly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge London Woolwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our London Woolwich hotel.

We are sorry to learn that your stay was affected by internal noise and that there were problems with the window.

Feedback is invaluable and our Hotel Managers regularly review their TripAdvisor reviews in order to fix any issues raised and pass on feedback to their team.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.