“Great Spanish Tapas”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

A lovely tapas meal with a wide choice on the menu obviously cooked authentically to provide truely flavoursome dishes.
First visit here but will go again and thoroughly recommend it.
Although very busy, the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming; staff were pleasant and jovial despite their workload.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 2, 2018

First of all, I am from Spain. I have been in this restaurant over 10 times in the last five years and we are now regulars. I have seen how the quality of the food has been improving over the years, especially in the last few months, due to a new chef from Madrid was hired. The food she cooks is amazing!

I love the croquetas madrilenas, definitely it worth a try if you are bored of the ham croquetas. I also tried the cod croquetas and they were superb as well! I normally order most of the dishes from the special board. The Cola de Toro (ox-tail) was cooked to perfection, and it tasted like the one I can find in Spain. Even one day they had Tortilla de camarones, something nearly impossible to find in London! The fish is very fresh here as well. Another dish, that I particularly like is the Aubergine with lentils.

Not only the food is great here, the service is outstanding. Everyone is friendly and makes you feel very welcome.

See you very soon!

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank antoniomartin87
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

5 of us ate here after my friend who joined us went the night before and telling us how good it was. Very friendly service and very tasty food was served, for the main course I had the sea bass which really was excellent. We all thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience and for people who understand tapas this was good. Will be back .

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Barrypet
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Paella (or Valencian paella as the only paella is from Valencia) is made of chicken and rabbit. NEVER surf and turf, PLEASE. EVER.

Outrageous that someone that calls himself a cook does not know this.

Would you call fish and chips a breaded chicken with chips? You'd never call it fish and chips as it's not. Same with paella, simply call it rice with shrimps, but that's not Paella.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank BlanchRdeC
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

First visit on Saturday. So disappointing.

If the type of tapas you may have got on the Costa del sol 20 years ago is your thing then great, but this restaurant does tapas a disservice. Pretty much everything we had was fried and you could taste the old oil. No flavour apart from this... and my Spanish cheese section consisted of manchego and cheddar (yes cheddar!) that looked and tasted like it came from a Tesco’s value pack. In modern London there is no excuse for food this bad particularly as Wanstead has so many other great food offerings. The one saving grace was the wine, but then you can’t put that in a deep fat fryer!

We won’t be going back.