“Overpriced and completely underachieving”
Review of Sunny Hill Cafe

Ranked #6,261 of 25,047 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Description: A cosy wooden log cabin situated in Sunnyhill Park serving a fusion of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Is this café under new management? - because it has really gone down hill (excuse the pun!). I used to love it here - but after yesterday, will not be back!

Had lunch there yesterday - ordered two hot chocolates which were luke-warm so had to send them back to be reheated. I would have thought they could have gauged the temperature by how cool the glasses were when they first served the drinks! It is not rocket science!

Then ordered chicken soup - which was a bowl full of water, with a few (very few) carrot sticks and two pieces of chicken floating in it which I would be embarrassed to serve to anyone.

The hot chocolate was £3.20 each and the bowl of water - imaginatively called soup was £6.95 each

To add insult to injury a 10% service charge is automatically added to the bill (granted you can opt out) but I did not see this until later.

The cafe was quiet yesterday because it was very cold - so I would say definitely avoid the cafe now, if you don't want to get ripped off, and most certainly in the summer when it tends to be really busy. If they cannot make a decent meal now, what's it going to be like when they are under pressure,

If you are new management -take note and get your act together because right now, you are overcharging for a very poor service,

1  Thank ghislainesmith6

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

I loved the sausages and chips! My mum loved the cauliflower and tahina and aubergine and tehina and had a lovely mocha.

Sunnyhillcafe, Owner at Sunny Hill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hey Dan!

Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Meeting a friend for a chat, I only meant to have a coffee but my eye was caught by one of the lunchtime specials - baked aubergine. It was absolutely delicious and is now a definite rival to my other favourite which is the speciality shaksuka.

Hey Victor,

We are so happy you discovered us for lunch. Stuffed grilled aubergine is now on the weekday menu for you to enjoy on your next visit. We would love to see you soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed January 15, 2018

On a cold winter's day this is a nice spot for brunch/lunch.

Despite turning up as brunch service was beginning to finish at 11:25 they informed us we could no longer order from that menu which was a shame.

The halloumi chips are excellent and the hummus shawarma was also great. Service is good and the staff are friendly.

Sunnyhillcafe, Public Relations Manager at Sunny Hill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hi Doron,

Thank you for your lovely review. Apologies for any inconvenience about our breakfast cut off time. If its busy it helps us to manage a busy lunch time service. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 7, 2018

My partner wanted a walk in a park with a cafe and having lived in the area for over 40 years I knew of this cafe even if I have never been there so we went for a walk followed by a visit. Busy, friendly, warm atmosphere, so instead of just a coffee I ordered something to eat. HUGE portions, delicious fresh food. Whilst waiting i also read the reviews. Everyone seemed to praise the food and the very few negative ones were more a testament to the attitude of the writers than this establishment. The staff could not have been more helpful and suggested additional relishes to enhance our experience. Having now been here I will certainly return. Highly recommended.

Eytang, Owner at Sunny Hill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Hi Jeremy,
Thank you for your time in writing this lovely review. We are very pleased you enjoyed and are looking forward to your next visit!

Have a great weekend.