Qbic Hotel London City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
3,638 results
All reviewsbrick lanequirky hotelaldgate east tubefun roomhose pipefun hotelfree tea and coffeewindowless roomrain showerno windowcomfy bedliverpool streetgreat showergreat roomthe ground floortower bridgeunderground station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived and were given a key to our room.
When we got to the room there were already people inside it and in the shower.
We went back to the concierge and told them about this, they did not apologise just said 'oh thats strange' and sent us to another room. This room was a room specifically built for someone with disabilities, which we neither myself not my partner have. There was an ugly red cord hanging from the ceiling, the bathroom had disability chair inside it and the room was freezing. This was not what we had paid for and we were shoved into this room with no explanation or apology. I was really dissapointed and found the whole experience so strange. Why wouldn't he put us in the same type of room and why was no apology offered for sending us to a room with people already inside. Just a horrible experience I wish I had stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Lucie M, Front Office Manager at Qbic Hotel London City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear L-B,

Please accept my sincere apologies, I am very upset reading about your experience in Qbic.

The reception team made a serious mistake allocating you to a room that was already occupied but I would like to assure you that this is not something that happens and I will investigate further. Great customer service and friendly staff are our priority and I can assure you I will speak to the reception team about your feedback. You should have received an apology without a doubt.

We do have a number of disability friendly rooms available however we are always happy to move guests if they are given one and do not feel comfortable to stay in them.

I would be very interested to speak to you directly to be able to find out details of your reservations and help further and also to investigate to make sure the issues you highlighted are addressed with the team. If you would find a moment to email me on lucie.matejkova@qbichotels.com I would be very grateful.

Warm Regards
Lucie

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What? You are refurbishing, the hotel is upside down and you don't even mention it on the booking or website????!!! What a shame! It was my favourite hotel in whole London until I came and the whole place is upside down for refurbishing. And you don't even have the decency to close down and announce it. Just to make money. Money, money. You were an ideal; you are greedy now. Shame on you!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Masgarro,

I am disappointed to read that your recent visit upset you and overshadowed the previous times you stayed with us. We do send out an email prior to arrival to all our guests to make them aware of the temporary changes and the website also has a mention in the restaurant section. I am very sorry that the information did not reach you.

The works are taking place in the ground floor only so after carefully considering all options we chose to keep the hotel open and provide room service as well as complimentary canapes and breakfast to everyone to make up for the inconvenience. I completely understand that expecting the restaurant running those will not compensate for having a lounge and restaurant with a bar.

We value our return customers and I would like to discuss your stay into more detail. I hope that you will find a moment to either call or email me so that we can speak further.

Warm Regards
Lucie
Lucie.Matejkova@qbichotels.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I needed somewhere to stay whilst visiting London to see a show at the bridge theatre. The Qbic was close to Auldgate East Underground which was very helpful and enabled to see the show and to visit other parts of London including the Tate modern and the design Museum in Kensington all within easy access from the tube

The accommodation was clean and met our expectations. The staff were very helpful.

Breakfast was great and was provided as a takeaway option as the restaurant was being refurbished.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Qbic_Team, Duty Manager at Qbic Hotel London City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Allan

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to read that our location was convenient for you. Being in zone 1 and just a short walk from Aldgate East station makes it very easy to get around the city, Thrilled that you liked the standard of your room and that our staff made your stay even better. Glad you've enjoyed our free breakfast and canapes as well.

We hope you will come back once our restaurant is refurbished :)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a business event with my partner in one of the window double bedrooms. It was wonderfully clean, quirky, convenient to everything East, quiet, friendly staff and little additions like nibbles in the public areas in the evening and a spread of continental breakfast and the most delicious, warm mini pain au chocolate's ever from a hotel made it that much better.

The reception looked like they were renovating (same with the kitchen / restaurant when we stayed) but look forward to staying again and getting the full experience!

Highly recommend and will be staying again.

Ps..across the green diagonally from hotel is a nail place that is out of this world. If you're looking for a mani/pedi close to hotel, I highly recommend that place too!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sharen

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice feedback. We are glad to read that you liked your room and that our friendly staff made your stay even better. Happy that you've enjoyed our free canapes and breakfast, especially mini pain au chocolate :)

We hope to welcome you again once the renovation of our reception and bar is done, so your experience with Qbic will be even better.

Kin regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved this place. Very quiet and such a quirky room. The coffee and breakfast was a great bonus as well and there's an awesome kebab shop open late just across the park for when you get in late. We were happy for the 11am checkout and the bed was super comfy. Oh, and they held our luggage for us on the day of checkout so we could enjoy the city longer.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi there!

Thank you for your nice feedback! Glad to read that you loved our place. Happy that you've found your room quiet and quirky and that you've enjoyed our complimentary coffee and breakfast. Glad that check out time was convenient for you and that you had a chance to explore the city for a little longer :)

We hope to welcome you again some day. All the best,