“Good location - ok room”
Review of Albion House Hotel

Albion House Hotel
Ranked #950 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here over night as we had to get the eurostar early morning to paris.

Very good location for kings cross and st pancras.

No noise in the room which was good.

Beds were comfy. Nice tv with good selection of channels.

I felt for the price (140 a nite) you are paying for location more than quality. A week before this I stayed next to oxford street in holiday Inn for a wedding at claridges and I paid only a little more than I did here but the hotel (holiday inn) was amazing.

The room was a bit shabby and dusty. Chair in the room looked like it needed a good clean. The pictures on the booking site make it look better than it is.

The air condtioning unit in the cupboard was full of dust. The bathroom celling looked a bit mouldy and the walls could do with repair in some places.

I slept well here but felt it wasnt as clean as it could be.

There is a kettle in the room but no tea or coffee provided.

They dont do breakfast at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I had booked this hotel in advance. I had arrived in London the day before and went in to reception to check all would be okay for the next night as I would not be able to check in until 10.30pm. I was assured that there would be no problem.Next day,about 5.00pm I received a phonecall to say that they would be cancelling my booking because there was a problem with my credit card (don't know why but this can happen).
I explained that I was the lady who had called in the previous day and that I had another card to pay with. I was assured that this would be okay then and reiterated that it would be 10.30pm when I would arrive. I was reassured that all was well.
I arrived at the hotel last night at 10.30pm only to find that my booking had been cancelled and that there were no rooms available, My only option was to walk out onto the streets in London on my own, walk around the corner and maybe another hotel may have another room.
I was totally distressed and very frightened off walking the streets at that time of night. The only option I felt was available to me was to book a train back, which got me home at 1.30am (at a cost of nearly £60). I had to cancel my plans for the next day in London.
The conduct of the staff compromised my safety and left me in a very distressed state, on my own late at night. This should never be allowed to happen to anyone again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Be careful with booking at this hotel. It is a bit dirty, but what it is actually disgusting is that they have bedbugs. Before staying at this hotel, make sure they took care of the infestation. My friend and I who stayed there for just one short weekend, went back to our houses without knowing. Now we are busy taking care to get rid of those nasty little bugs from our houses.

Room Tip: Dont take room 13. Infestation was quite big, so it may had spreed already
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Lovely hotel in the heart of London
Great location for all of London's attractions
And as Kings Cross has had a make over lots more to do
All major bus routes only a 5 min walk so not far to walk .....

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2017

When I walked into the room the first thing I noticed was the bedding looked so crumpled, as if it hadn’t been changed so I wasn’t surprised when I pulled the covers back and found black hairs on the sheet.

The bathroom has a shower head which is almost directly over the toilet bowl. There is no separation between the shower and the toilet and the basin, so there is water all over the place when you shower. How on earth is this legal? Does the Uk not have building regulations/standards?…apparently not.

The toilet dripped all night long and overall the rooms looks like it needs to be scrubbed from floor to ceiling.

If you value your health and safety do not book into the Albion House Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3nights which we got very little sleep due to our room being in the basement with a void out side our window which acted as a loud speaker from all rooms connect to it ! Our room was so small approx about 12ft/6ft which was very uncomfortable as there was no air due to the window being about a 1 foot square and opening into a void , ceiling height was extremely low . The bathroom was another story maybe 8ft /3 ft compact to the extreme which we were meet by human waste still in the toilet telling us the room was not clean ...... would highly recommend avoiding this hotel unless you want little sleep and felling dehydrated due to air flow ... will never step foot in this hotel again ...

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights whilst we took a weekend break. The hotel is very close to kings cross railway station and tube in
fact only 5 minute walk. Check in is at its sister hotel across the road the Melvil the pictures for the hotel are not of the Albion but of its sister hotel rooms are small but for price what would you expect. Our room had a leaking sink that had been leaking for a considerable length of time, shower was very snall and was overhead rainfall type so ladies if you dont want to get your hair wet take a shower cap. The hotel is situated with a communal garden which youths hang around well into the early hours we was on the front so not much sleep. Breakfast is not included but McDonalds is at the end of the road if you don't mind their breakfasts. Overall not to bad of a stay if you can put up with a few niggles.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple