6,446 results
All reviews vauxhall tube station chino latino london eye albert embankment river view big ben building work room service minute walk executive room south bank mini bar booked this hotel modern hotel an upgrade stayed for one night parliament
Reviewed February 20, 2017

Fantastic hotel, location super, all the staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. Room was very modern and extremely clean, breakfast was delicious and once again staff very attentive. Will definitely return!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JamesSessions, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Dear GailW1964,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are all delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and we can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Reviewed February 20, 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights with my teenage daughter. It was her first trip to London and I asked for a room upgrade. Received email stating that I had been upgraded free of charge - but then receptionist could not find this information and so we never upgraded. Doormen very polite - receptionist a little snotty for my liking.
Also, be aware of bar prices and the restaurant adds it's own service charges!

Room tip: Always ensure you ask for a River View - otherwise the rooms are very dull during the day
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear B R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I was sorry to read that you and your daughter did not entirely enjoy your stay. We value your feedback and our Executive team will review for improvement. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

Hotel was originally booked for a romantic break for my husband and I. Last week, we decided to add my 4 year old son to the booking. I phoned Park Plaza and they said it would be fine to add him but might be worth ringing the hotel front desk the day before to be sure. I then phoned the hotel direct, they said I could add my son but would be a charge of £30. They then connected me to central reservations. They then said there wouldn't be a charge to add him but having booked a Superior Double, the room would be rather uncomfortable with an added fold away bed. I was then told I could pay £25 to upgrade to a bigger Executive double. I paid the £25.

We arrived early on the Saturday so knew we probably wouldn't be able to get into our room but we were able to sort the paperwork and leave our bags with concierge. We arrived back at the hotel after 8pm with one very tired son. Entered the room to find no second bed. I called housekeeping who said they'd send someone up. Took over 20 mins for staff to come up. Two staff finally arrived turned the sofa into a bed...they did not seem happy. Finally got my son to bed and within minutes we noticed the noise...a rumble/whoosh every 5 mins or so. Off I trot to reception...I was told we were on the quiet side of the hotel and they had no idea what the noise could be. They sent up a maintenance guy. He arrived, heard the noise and told me it was from the train line that runs next to the hotel. (We arrived back at the hotel in the dark so had no idea we were so close to a 4 line train track.) I trot back down to reception to ask for earplugs. He didn't have any but would send some up - I requested two pairs,one for me, one for hubby. 10 mins later, just one pair were sent up so had to wait a further 10 mins for the second pair. So all in all we were far from impressed with the service. Shame really as the room was nice, very modern. The lights, curtains and air con are all controlled using a panel. There was a nespresso machine with a selection of pods as well as a kettle.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Ilott,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would always wish a stay to be nothing but excellent. Your comments have been taken on board constructively and have been shared with the appropriate head of departments. We sincerely the points made and your feedback has been shared with our Executive Team who is currently reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. I apologise for any disappointment caused to you on this occasion. I do hope your visit otherwise was a good one, and that the unfortunate circumstances will not deter you from returning. Given the opportunity, we would very much like to welcome you back again for the right reasons.

Reviewed February 19, 2017

Arrived and checked in with the help of the rceptionist Lorena and politely asked for a Thames view but was told no available room and instead give us a back view with train track and on the 4th floor and assures us is a quite room....Big Joke! Good size room and clean but when i start using the sink water tap....very noisy and loud. Not a quite room as Lorena assure us....very dissapointed guest!

Room tip: Receptionist must be truthful about the real status of the room n request should comply or most likely similar to the guest request.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
VaniaSilvaRPP, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza London Riverbank, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I'm sorry to hear we weren't able to fully meet your expectations. I have addressed the points raised with our team, and I assure you we are working to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Kind regards,