See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Ok so it gets a load of bad reviews but it is very central and for where it is very cheap so worth it for a short time. Pros - brilliant location, just a few yards from the Natural History Museum, customer service was good, they were very helpful, baggage - yes it is left in reception but staff are there if anyone is in reception, security cameras on reception. Against - it is dirty, the dirt is ingrained, the staff do try and clean, I saw them out vacuuming lots of times. The carpet was tacky, not sure what with, the fridge in the room didn't work, the shower was dirty and smelt like a sewer so I had a strip wash at the wobbly sink. Not fun in nearly 30 degrees of summer sunshine in central London. My son was oblivious to all this and thought everything was great apart from the fridge not working. Would I go back - possibly, it is a good deal if you can put up with some grubbiness. It needs closing and redecorating. Hey but then it would charge a lot more money.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2016

A good location but an unclean place in addition to several unfriendly staff. You will not be in a comfortable place, they ll ask you to move from one dorm to another one to pack everybody in the same place.

Room tip: I had no lockers and no wardrobe in my room, a place to avoid except if you have no other availabilities
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

I booked in February to stay for 1 night. I was on the bus on the way to the hostel when I get a text saying there was a problem with my room and that I was to stay at their sister hotel the Chelsea house and to go straight to that hotel. I tried to contact them as I was annoyed of the short notice only to find that the text didn't come from Acacia hotel it came from the Chelsea hotel . So this is how I find out they had already transferred me without asking me first! As I was already on the bus I decided to go to acacia hotel as I wanted an explanation. They explained that because I wanted a ground floor room and they didn't realise until the night before I arrived they put me in the Chelsea Hotel. What annoyed me the most was that they had four months to contact me regarding my requirements and they didn't. They simply said that they didn't realise until last night. Well I appreciate they were trying to be helpful I trying to meet my needs they did not organise themselves at the time of my booking. I explained that I picked this particular hotel as it was walkable to the Royal Albert Hall and that their sister hotel was twice the distance and I now had to get a taxi to and from the Royal Albert Hall. I did quite bluntly say to the receptionist at Acacia was he going to pay for my trip to the Royal Albert Hall As I have travelled all the way from Portsmouth for a specific performance there and I picked the hotel as it was of walkable distance. It now cost me £12 to get a taxi from Chelsea hotel to the Royal Albert Hall and back again other exhibitions I want to visit also further away which meant that my entire visitI spent quite a bit on taxis!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed May 3, 2016

Stayed here with a group of friends on Nov 2011
Cosy, modern beds and spacious rooms
Nice breakfast with variety
Good price and good wifi signal
Staff is friendly and helpful
Strong showers
Good location close to tube

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with WOW Air
Reviewed April 22, 2016

Location is GREAT, closeby Kensington south metro stop. everything else is quite bad, but what do you expect for that money? If your looking for a hostel with a great location this is where you need to be.

Date of stay: October 2015