See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2016

I had to ask couple times to receive what I had paid for. There was no internet at all in my room, but it supposed to be. It seems that nobody had it because there are many people sitting in the corridor at the ground floor with their laptops and phones. There is no proper place to sit and use internet. The reception where there are sofas is closed at midnight and every time when the receptionists leave the place - sometimes even for 20 minutes - and people have to wait.
It is also a lie that there is a kitchen you can use. After breakfast all of the cups, plates, and cutlery are taken to the storage and nobody can access it except for the receptionist. There is neither sugar or salt that you can use if you want to prepare youself some food, or even a tea!

Room Tip: I booked a room for two people and I was placed, without asking, in a room with 3 bunk-beds. I had to sleep on the top bed because it is impossible even to sit at the lower bed. It is neither possible to sit anywhere to dress yourself because you cannot either sit on the lower bed nor on the chair, because there is not a single chair in the room. There are rooms in the basement, but also the room on the groundfloor has a bad view from the window - to the other building next to and a dirty place between the two buildings. The shared toiled is not only to 2 rooms, are it is usually in other hostels, but almost to everybody. On the first floor there is one toilet for 5 rooms! And God knows how many people there are in one room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

We stayed as part of a hen party. The location was great, but the hostel itself is tired and needs updating. The toilets and showers were dirty, bunk beds broken (ladders not attached and metal frames bent). Yes you get what you pay for, but this was like indoor camping. If you can afford a little bit extra, stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Ok so it gets a load of bad reviews but it is very central and for where it is very cheap so worth it for a short time. Pros - brilliant location, just a few yards from the Natural History Museum, customer service was good, they were very helpful, baggage - yes it is left in reception but staff are there if anyone is in reception, security cameras on reception. Against - it is dirty, the dirt is ingrained, the staff do try and clean, I saw them out vacuuming lots of times. The carpet was tacky, not sure what with, the fridge in the room didn't work, the shower was dirty and smelt like a sewer so I had a strip wash at the wobbly sink. Not fun in nearly 30 degrees of summer sunshine in central London. My son was oblivious to all this and thought everything was great apart from the fridge not working. Would I go back - possibly, it is a good deal if you can put up with some grubbiness. It needs closing and redecorating. Hey but then it would charge a lot more money.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2016

A good location but an unclean place in addition to several unfriendly staff. You will not be in a comfortable place, they ll ask you to move from one dorm to another one to pack everybody in the same place.

Room Tip: I had no lockers and no wardrobe in my room, a place to avoid except if you have no other availabilities
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

I booked in February to stay for 1 night. I was on the bus on the way to the hostel when I get a text saying there was a problem with my room and that I was to stay at their sister hotel the Chelsea house and to go straight to that hotel. I tried to contact them as I was annoyed of the short notice only to find that the text didn't come from Acacia hotel it came from the Chelsea hotel . So this is how I find out they had already transferred me without asking me first! As I was already on the bus I decided to go to acacia hotel as I wanted an explanation. They explained that because I wanted a ground floor room and they didn't realise until the night before I arrived they put me in the Chelsea Hotel. What annoyed me the most was that they had four months to contact me regarding my requirements and they didn't. They simply said that they didn't realise until last night. Well I appreciate they were trying to be helpful I trying to meet my needs they did not organise themselves at the time of my booking. I explained that I picked this particular hotel as it was walkable to the Royal Albert Hall and that their sister hotel was twice the distance and I now had to get a taxi to and from the Royal Albert Hall. I did quite bluntly say to the receptionist at Acacia was he going to pay for my trip to the Royal Albert Hall As I have travelled all the way from Portsmouth for a specific performance there and I picked the hotel as it was of walkable distance. It now cost me £12 to get a taxi from Chelsea hotel to the Royal Albert Hall and back again other exhibitions I want to visit also further away which meant that my entire visitI spent quite a bit on taxis!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo