“Excellent hostel in London”
Review of The W14 Kensington

The W14 Kensington
Ranked #16 of 908 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 26 October 2011

W14 is a great place to stay in London. It's comfortable, clean, well located and has good prices. The staff is very friendly and good people. My experience there was really good. I recommend it!

1  Thank GustavoB518

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was rather impressed with W14. the quiet location and price were outstanding. My room was totally fine and clean. Bathrooms were fine but could do with a little sprucing up. I slept well and the bar area was excellent. The chaps at reception were very helpful and were thoughtful.

Nice areas for meeting people and using the internet. breakfast was good . People have moaned about this on the reviews but waht do you expect for £18 some hotels charge £10-it was a good start to the day

i will certainly recommend this place to freinds and I will look forward to staying there again. i am pleased to have found it-thanks guys andy

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Fungal Spores in all Bathrooms
Urine around toilets
Feces found in show unit, 9 hours for it to be cleaned.
All showers I used had blocked up pipes so you are standing in the water
Bed Sheets used for Curtains
Towels smelt
Not as described, 3 star is way overrated
Terrible service!!!
Complaint formerly lodged with consumer direct
They should not get away with their standards of service.
It was Disgusting!!!!

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dereck N
General M, Manager at The W14 Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Guest

The W14 Hotel is naturally distressed by such negative reaction for the duration of your stay here, but very much appreciate you taking the time and trouble to appraise us of your stay. I perfectly understand and would like to justify a little about the circumstances involved.

I cannot express how regretfully sorry we are to hear that the bathrooms had fungal spores and blocked drainage. We have regular scheduled shower and sinks drainage cleaning on weekly basis.

As for the bathrooms, you claim that they were not of appropriate use, however, I have personally gone to check the rooms with the head of housekeeping department, and can guarantee that the bathrooms and the rooms are in good condition. The only one shower was out of order and the other guests kept ignoring the out of order sign. The picture seems to be taken between time of getting it cleaned by housekeeping, as the housekeeping report justifies this and when re-tested, they were working well. As far as the towel is concerned it could not have been smelly as we are getting fresh cleaned linen delivered from reputed linen service on daily basis.

I must add that we regularly train our staff to conduct their duties efficiently and effectively, as quality is a very important issue that we raise, and we are constantly thinking of new ways to improve the service and quality at The W14 Hotel.

We don’t think it is fair on a business to comment on their entire product with this much exaggeration for 1 of 32 common showers & toilets for guests use. We would really appreciate if you can take this picture off and give us chance to improve the service of the entire hotel.

I hope this explanation (which should not be misconstructed as an excuse) has shed some light, and please accept our deep regrets and apologies once again for any unpleasantness you have had suffered.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I was on a trip with my class, and we were 34 persons. We lived in different rooms of 4-6 people. The rooms were okay and there was everything you needed. If I should say something bad it will be the beds, and I don’t think the rooms were big enough for 6 people with luggage. The service and the staff on The W14 Hotel were very good. When we came to the Hotel in the evenings the rooms were clear and the bar was open and they could offer good prices on food and drink. The breakfast was poor and disappointing, but we have a very good trip and the hotel was okay.

1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The beds were okay, and the rooms were clean.
The breakfast was awfully bad.
The bar and the beers were good and fine prices.
The garden outside was nice place to sit.
The staff was fine except their discrimination between boys and girls.

2  Thank Mathias S
Reviewed 10 October 2011

i was on a trip with my class, so we lived in 4-6 men rooms. the 6 mens room was quite small consideret to contain 6 peaople and suitcases. but the 4 mens room was room enough for 4 men and suitcases. the roomservice was good and the rooms was clean when we came home in the evenings. the breakfast was the most dissapointing in the stay, which is really simple and silly. otherwise; the bar service and quality was fine at an reasonable price.

3  Thank Kasper M
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This is not a hotel, as the description suggests, but a hostel. The rooms (I stayed in an all female dorm) are very basic (bed, locker, sink), but quite clean and friendly. Bathrooms are shared. The only thing that I found very annoying were the bunk beds because every time you turned around they made a lot of noise. Breakfast was included in the price, but nothing special (toast, cornflakes, jam).
The staff was helpful and nice. The bar and the beergarden were lovely. What I liked most is the fact that the hostel is situated in a very nice and quiet neighbourhood and can be reached by Piccadilly Line (good if you come from Heathrow).
So this is no luxury accomodation, but ok for the relatively low price.

2  Thank --Regensburg--4