“Value for Money”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
YMCA Indian Student Hostel
Ranked #157 of 956 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

This review is purely for the restaurant element - went there with 6 mates for January's curry club session. Cannot believe the quality of the meat and cooking for the price. It was about £8 - for as much as you can eat!!! No alcohol (naturally) and only 19:00-20:30 for food but for value, you will not beat it in London. Excellent.

Stayed: January 2017

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Best advantage of this place is its an centre location of the city with superb connectivity of tube & bus. Indian breakfast and dinner are included a a part of the package. Just outside the hostel there is a small park which is very good sit at night or morning time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ankesh G
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We were 2 people travelling to London. We decided to take YMCA this time as one of our friends was staying close to that place. The place was great. The rooms cleanliness could have been much better.

The food was good and you won't miss India atleast for this.

You will witness vibrant young crowd who are either studying in nearby colleges or as interns just buzzing around in this place, either staying in the hotel or just coming for Lunch or Dinner...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharath_chandra
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

The YMCA room was more than adequate for weekend stay in london. Comfy beds- great central heating- good breakfast-clean and within walking distance of most attractions.friendly helpful staff.close to Regent park and tube station.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank amanda c
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This hostel is a little odd if you're not Indian as i think it has a lot of Indian students staying long term. It's like a little piece of India in the middle of London from the head wobbles of the staff to the Indian food served.
I stayed on a dinner bed & breakfast deal, my single room was ensuite and very clean. The food was all Indian, you could have toast & rice crispies for breakfast but the dinner there was only one option (or veggie version) so if you don't like curry or want more choice don't get the dinner option.
The location is handy being a few minutes walk from Warren Street tube & plenty of buses.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2016

This primarily a hostel for students from India studying in London but they also offer accommodation to travelers. We stayed in the new jubilee building on the fourth floor - room (small but we found it adequate for the two of us) had all basic amenities. Rent included breakfast and dinner- the restaurant offers Indian cuisine mainly.Located close to tube stations and other public transport options. Overall a good value for money option in this part of the city.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Jubilee building are good
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CTSD304554
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I abandoned the secluded Isle of Wight life on 6/10/2016, visited Kuala Lumpur (my family live there) for two weeks and landed back in London on 21/10/2016. I stayed at The YMCA Indian Student Hostel from 22/10/2016 (my second day back in UK soil) to departure datetime at 6.30am on 27/10/2016. I had an unforgettable experience as a passerby traveller in this Hostel. The management in the Hostel had been very accommodating to my needs and circumstances because my original careers plan was to look for jobs in London and had intended to settle here as a waiter and/or a private tutor in all school subjects, English or Chinese to learners of any age, gender, creed and religion. The Hostel tried their best to allocate me a room to stay for all those five nights. I had tried the Single Occupancy Double Deluxe Room with en-suite bathroom @£95 for the first night, the dormitory room @£30 with common bathrooms for the second night, and the last three nights in a Single Occupancy Double Room with common bathrooms @£60 but this room has an all-important sink inside the room. All rates are inclusive of breakfast and evening meal. The Dining Hall is decent and clean and caters three meals. You have to pay for your own lunch. Outsiders are welcome and can pay at the Reception Help Desk and dine inside the same Dining Hall. The foods are Asian and very appetising and I had thoroughly enjoyed my foods they catered there. My digestive and excretory systems have never been so well functioning (too revealing here?!). I knew the administrative, catering and cleaning staff on first names terms. Perhaps because I'm myself a foreigner in the soil of the United Kingdom, which has embraced The Equality Ethos in Humanity Policy Management. I have been in the UK since September 1979, when I first came here to study GCE A-Levels in Cambridge, where the householders then didn't have to worry about locking their front doors even when they left their houses for work or shopping (such were those peaceful bygone days or an incredible nostalgic era). This YMCA has the most important laundry basement room containing two industrial sized brand new washers (£2 for a wash <40 minutes) and two similarly capable dryers (£1 for 50 minutes). £3 and 1 1/2 hour later you will have all your clean clothes again. Every floor has an iron and ironing board. This Hostel may not be luxurious but a lot of meetings and conferences taking place in the premises. The guests are likely to be University associated, students etc. I met a guest who sounded exactly like Mr Bill Gates. He was from New York. I had also met several others from the US. This Hostel is an amazing venue to meet people who is down to earth. I'll have to book early with the Hostel the next time when I visit London again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo