“Would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road
Ranked #677 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel was fine for a London hotel in this price range. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was adequate, with yogurt and hard boiled eggs, in addition to the usual "continental breakfast" choices.

The lift worked. We had a room on the forth floor and didn't hear any street noises, except sirens.

The hotel is in a multi-ethnic area, which I consider to be a plus. There was an interesting outdoor market nearby on Saturday. And there were plenty of restaurants with international flavor around. We had an Iranian dinner one evening and Burmese the next. Both were good.

The hotel is a short taxi ride from Paddington. There is a bus stop nearby, which made getting around easy. We would stay again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hungarian first
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed in January 2012. Small and quiet room on 3rd floor. When we arrived the heating was off and room was cold and the same happened the next day after cleaning staff visit. They seem to have instructions to switch off the radiators. Room was clean and bed quite comfortable. Tiny bathroom (no heating in the bathroom) and the water pressure low. Breakfast not more than average. They had toast, jams, cereals, boiled eggs and some pastries but no ham. Coffee was awful, and so were juices (apple and orange to choose from). Staff indifferent, they called us 5 mins after check out time to remind us that we had to leave, which seemed a bit rude.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eugene K
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I went to Comfort Inn in February 2011. I entered the hotel, checking in was very simple; just showing the passport and that was it. The rooms were very clean and tidy. The problem was with the television, most television stations would turn off after 12 am. Second problem was with the staff, I extended the stay for a couple of days more. The first staff member told me that the price of each day would be just as the agreement for the whole two weeks I stayed. The last day when I was paying, the manager told me no I have to pay each day as normal price and it has nothing to do with the deal I made with them. This shows staff members aren't organized at all. Staff members don't smile a lot, and at times they act really cold with you. Another thing is that the magnetic card (room key), wouldn't work sometimes, and I had to go down to the reception for them to reset it. Breakfast wasn't bad, it was a simple breakfast nothing posh. There is no minibar in the room. The area was good, a lot of restaurants, supermarkets, the tube wasn't very far, and the bus stop is just across the street.

All in all, it wasn't a bad hotel. I would go there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amber V, Sales & Marketing Manager at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are glad that you found our location good and rooms very clean.
We would like to apologise if reception was not very helpful on this occassion. Thank you for drawing this to our attention, this feedback enables us to take the necessary steps to improve our service.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Once again it was time for me to travel. I did not think twice or blink an eyelid and blindly chose to stay here. It is a nice cozy place. I stayed on the 4th floor, facing the road. it was calm and quiet. The staff is very good and helpful. Breakfast is good. There is some work going on the ground floor, They are planning to have the breakfast room in the ground floor. This will reduce the noise on the floors... I definitely recommend this hotel and would again stay here on my next trip. over all a Good Value for money !!

Room Tip: Very Good hotel and Value for money.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vvd2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments and compliments.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay again and that you found the hotel very pleasant and comfortable.

Please contact me directly on your next visit to London. (amber.virani@4chotels.co.uk). We look forward to welcoming you again!

Sarajevo, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel in January 2012th for three nights. Although I found the offer through the website booking.com, I made a reservation directly through the hotel web site.
I do not know if it was a special offer, but comparing the offer with the other, it seems that it was a great price.
I paid for a room with two beds (one double) 59 British pounds per night, so I think it's a cheap hotel because it's London. (sorry for my bed English)

We arrived about 18:00. Check in was quick, I just show your passport and get a magnetic card. We hardly spoke a few words with receptionist, and that was all we talked with staff for the next three days. That's a bit strange, because I think it is normal for customers to communicate more with staff. Lack of communication with staff would be the only negative comment about this hotel. They are official and do not say anything you do not ask, they do not even greeted when entering the hotel.
This was my first visit to London and I was well informed before by reading the various comments on trip-advisor.
The room was neat, very clean, in my opinion, quite spacious and had everything needed for a comfortable stay, including a desk with a chair, wardrobe, tea and coffee, hairdryer, bedside lamps, flat screen TV with remote, air conditioning ... Just as it is shown in the pictures. Bathroom was spacious with plenty of towels of various sizes, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, mirror, shelf, sink, hangers and anything else you need. Plenty of hot water with good pressure. I do not like the bed with double mattress (it is too soft for me) but it was a pleasant sleep.
Location of the hotel you can see on the map. 5 minutes walk to the subway, but also you have access to the bus station just outside the hotel where you have good connections to downtown. Complete street looks like the Muslim Quarter, with many small shops, restaurants with halal food, pizza and fast food. We tried some restaurants and they were quite cheap with fine food.
Breakfast was nice. There are few types of juice, tea and all kinds of coffee, whole and skim milk, yogurt, several kinds of cereal, cheese, jam, butter, croissants, mufins, cakes, bread, boiled eggs, canned fruit, and some other things that I probably I forgot. All in all, enough and more than fair.
Anyway, I liked this hotel and highly recommend it to everyone.

1 Thank Nik0nian
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a detailed review on tripadvisor.

I am very happy you found our hotel clean and quite. I regret to hear that you felt our reception staff were brutal, I apologise if this affected your stay, but I can assure you, our team are dedicated to our Guests and pride themselves in providing good customer care and being helpful in any way possible.

Thank you for staying with us and it is our pleasure to welcome you back again soon!!

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed here for two nights December 22nd and were very happy with the accommodation. Appearance not as expected from the outside and thought we had made a terrible mistake, however the room for three was quite spacious, very clean and well presented with TV, fridge,
hair dryer tea and coffee making facilities. The breakfast included was very good better than expected and in an immaculately kept breakfast room. The staff were all pleasant and professional. In a multi-cultural area not far from two underground stations. We walked from the tube stations late at night and felt comfortable doing so.
Good value hotel for short stays would use again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lizwild08
Amber V, Sales & Marketing Manager at Comfort Inn London - Edgware Road, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We spent 4 nights between Christmas and New Years and were very satisfied with the accommodations. The room was quiet and equipped with all necessary items for comfort. Yes, it is small, but with 3 in a room we were able to make it work just fine. The neighborhood provided us with shopping for convenience items and delicious restaurants. An easy walk to the Tube station allowed us to sight see London with ease. The complimentary breakfast exceeded our expectations. All employees were polite and helpful, including scheduling an early morning cab to Heathrow.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family