See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed here for the evening whilst my daughter was at the highgate hospital.
We found it basic even for 3 star. The price compared with the near by hotels was a reflection on the quality of accommodation.
We had a double room and my son in law had a single. The double was clean, but basic with a very small bathroom with shower my husband found the shower too small he could hardly turn in it and the space between the shower and toilet was extremely cramp! The bed was of a wooden frame which was very squeaky and shaky. The bedding was pure white and clean as were the towels. The rooms were not at all sound proof and you could here the boiler running all night and heavy traffic around 6am as we had the window open for fresh air. Around 7am our room was filled with the smells from the kitchen that was directly below us!
The single room was similar other than it didn't have a toilet. That was just down the passage. This was right next to the boiler so my son in law had very little sleep.

The breakfast was nice, with branded quality produce and the service was good and cheerful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Melj_11
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here for one night in order to attend a family party in Highgate. Our double room was actually a good sized family room with bunk beds and a double bed. The ensuite shower room was clean and modern. An unexpected bonus was secure on-site parking. The hotel is well-run and the staff professional and friendly. The decor is neutral, the bed was comfortable and the cooked breakfast of excellent quality. It is a two minute walk to the shops of Muswell Hill and on a bus route/convenient for the tube.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Grecofan2
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in february 2011 with my husband.
We had an ensuite room - was very clean and not as small as we were expecting for such a good value B&B.
The man on reception wasnt there when we arrived, we had to ring the buzzer and wait for him to come up to reception. We found him very friendly and funny, although I can possibly see how people would take him the wrong way.
Breakfast was good and included in the price of the room which is a bargain. Lots of choice.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for sure. Really very pleased with our stay, more than comfortable and was very clean and tidy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LandBli
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for one night and it was very cheerful. The room was quite basic but very clean! There was a TV and a great power shower. The breakfast on the morning was very tasty. The staff on the reception were friendly but in the morning, the kitchen staff seemed to be a bit rude or maybe it was just a bad morning for them.

A great hotel to stay in for a few nights and easy to get into the centre of London.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I received a phone call on my mobile two hours before arriving to check that I was still planning to stay. So I assumed that the would be someone on reception when I finally got there. However the reception was locked and there were a number of people waiting in the foyer.
The man who finally turned up on the reception was wearing a food stained tee shirt and was in a very bad mood. I couldn't really understand what had triggered his moodiness.
I had had a long journey and to be greeted by such an unpleasant men was very bad. I wouldn't recommend this place if you paid me to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo