“Very nice hotel”
Review of Kingsland Hotel

Kingsland Hotel
Ranked #721 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 April 2012

stayed here on 17th of april for dancing on ice we stayed the one night.My only complaint would be the situation of hotel on a busy roundabout. Noise was,nt too bad as we did have a room on the side of roundabout .But on the plus side it,s very clean and tidy with nice BIG beds and tv,s that work would recommend this hotel.Everything on hand tube shops bank etc.And tube to wembley park takes 5 mins YES 5 mins and come every 3 MINS .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smithy711
There are newer reviews for Kingsland Hotel

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at this super hotel in June last year as it's close to Canons Park where I pay my annual pilgrimage to St. Lawrence's Churchyard to check out my mother's family grave and lay a wreath. From Kingsbury, usually using the Tube, I can travel anywere in London to meet up with friends and family.

The Kingsland Hotel is located at a roundabout in a busy, cosmopolitan area and far from the crowds of central London, though a 20-minute journey on the Jubilee Line will take you into the centre of the action. Locally, there is an Iceland and a Tesco, lots of restaurants and bars - and the value of the fresh fruit in the Asian stores further up past Kingsbury Underground Station is phenomenal. Just £1 for a bowl or basket of fruit. This particular part of Kingsbury has a bustling market atmosphere.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel for its spotless cleanliness, fresh decor, comfort, ambience and, of course, great value. The friendly staff are most helpful and Neeraj, the General Manager, knew where I had travelled from as he had once worked in Edinburgh. Small world indeed. When I was leaving, he very kindly ordered a taxi to take me to King's Cross to get the train home.

As I do not eat breakfast, I did not partake of the buffet provided - but it looked a superb spread and all most appetising when I peeked into the lounge. The tea and coffee provided on the hospitality tray in my room is usually enough 'breakfast' for me!

The hotel has a lift so it is disabled friendly. Though there are a few steps up at the entrance, so these might need some negotiation by a carer pushing a wheelchair.

The only problem with this hotel is that it does not have double glazing - and I was occupying a twin bedded room at the front overlooking the roundabout - so my quality of sleep was rather poor. The hotel is also close to an ambulance station and a police station so sirens go off regularly. Despite this, I have just booked into the hotel again for 11 nights in June this year - and asked for a quiet single room at the back! Had to move swiftly as accommodation is getting snapped up because of the Olympics.

The hotel is fortunate to have a car park to the rear, but the Tube is only a few minutes walk away. Indeed, you can see the hotel from the Tube Station.

Yes, I have no hesitation in recommending this eminently affordable hotel. Great value for money and brilliant location - but do BE WARNED about the noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MadamZsaZsa
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I paid £50 for a one night stay, considering the Premier Inns in this area wanted upwards of £100 I think this hotel is very good value for money.

The hotel is set in a very busy area but what it lacks in peace and quiet it gains in local amenities. There are several shops, pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Kingsbury underground station is a two minute walk away.

The hotel offers on site parking and is within easy reach of the M25 and M1.

The interior of the hotel has clearly been recently refurbished and good money has been spent on furnishings. However some of the bedroom furniture was slightly tatty. Overall the hotel is very clean and comfortable. If there is any money left in the refurbishment budget it would be well spent on some double glazing.

Breakfast was adequate, taken in a rather small breakfast room. It was quiet on the day I stayed here but I would imagine if there was more than half a dozen people using the room at once it would be a bit of a squeeze.

Overall, I recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building may reduce road noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank HolidaysRcool
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stopped here on a Friday night after going to London for a few days with friends. The hotel is excellently located literally 2-3 mins from Kingsbury Tube Station (you can see it from the hotel). So as for convenience it is super. Arrived early at about 9:50, and was told that as check-in is usually 2pm, we would need to wait a little - after half an hour, the room was ready and in fab condition! Every bed had clean decent sheets, complimentary shampoo/bath wash, three towels (two hand, one large) and there was a full range on channels on the TV. Plenty of tea/coffee making facilities too! Staff we very pleasant and helpful, and gave me the impression the place was professionally ran. When we returned at about midnight, the friendly night porter welcomed us, and from then on had a very good sleep! The only downside would be the 1950s-looking single-glazed windows, which with 21st Century traffic volumes, do not work, but nonetheless, we all still slept well...

Breakfast the next day was served 7am 'til 10:30am, and there was a fantastic array of continental and English, the staff were happy to repeatedly keep topping up the supplies, and we could eat as much as we want.

Probably the first hotel I would definitely go to again, especially for the £21 each we paid!!

Room Tip: Ideally, not the rooms near the front of the hotel, as it faces a large traffic island.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank cwhaley1
Reviewed 28 December 2011

3 reasons why i chose Kingsland: 3 minute walk (literally) to underground, good price, free parking. I paid for a 3 star. i expected 3 star and i got a 3 star. However, the service was 4 star. I was extremely impressed by staff courtesy and service. The first morning i was waiting for breakfast in reception. The lady receptionist was very busy but still found the time to ask if i would like a drink while waiting. This commitement to customer service is first class. I could give other examples but suffice to say that it is the commitement of the staff that were the biggest plus for me. The location is good and the hotel itself is pretty good. Some areas could do with updating but all in all i think it was a good stay. I paid £120.00 for 2 people for 2 nights. breakfast is available but a bit chaotic. Would i stay there again? Yes. Minuses, pillows were terrible and room had lingering smell of smoke.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Pete C
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My sister and I traveled to London for my birthday weekend. We spent 2 nights in the hotel which was very clean and only 2 minutes walk from the tube station, very easy for getting in and out of the main city sight seeing.

Unfortunately the TV in our room didn't work and even though we reported this, disappointingly no one attended to investigate it. Bathroom could do with updating, especially the shower.

Generally very happy with our experience. good value for money and would definitely stay again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Vicky W
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My daughter and I were going to Wembley Arena for a concert and booked into the Kingsland Hotel as I thought it was close to the venue. It was not within walking distance so we went there and back by taxi, although we could have gone via the underground which is close by. We had a room, on the 2nd floor, which was spacious and clean but it was not very soundproof as we were woken up at 5am by the sound of a delivery truck reversing in the car park! I had requested that soya milk be provided, if possible, but was disappointed that they didn't get any for me, even though there was a Tesco Express store right across the road! The reception staff were helpful and friendly - the dining room/kitchen staff less so! All in all the Hotel was reasonably priced and value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank GogoGill
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
5.8 km away
5.9 km away
Best Western Palm Hotel
Best Western Palm Hotel
#541 of 1,072 in London

Been to Kingsland Hotel? Share your experiences!