Kingsland Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$429
US$177
US$165
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjubilee linekingsbury tube stationwembley arenacontinental breakfasttesco expressdouble glazingyogurtbaked beanscentral londonfew minutes walk awayvery nice stayhotel is situateddecent sizebooked this hotelno hot waternight stayvisit london
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was a very friendly hotel, all the staff we dealt with were help and friendly. The room was big and comfy. We could not fault it. As some others have reviewed it was noisy from the road but ths did not detract from our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haydn J
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times now and it just gets better. The hotel is situated next to a busy roundabout (which is about the only down side of it as it is not double glazed). The Tube station is about 150 yards away and there are lots of shops, food outlets, pubs etc. all within a very short walking distance. The tube station is 1 stop up from Wembley which is great as the vast majority of people head towards central London after an event but to get back here you go in the opposite direction so no queues on the platform.

Since we last stayed (June 2011) it has been redecorated, and very tastefully I may add. The rooms are spotlessly clean, a good size, and include tea making facilities. The beds are huge! We stayed in room 104 this time but usually stay in 105. These are at the back of the hotel so are quieter than those at the front. The hotel has a (free) car park at the rear.

The staff are excellent - ALL of them. Very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Breakfast is a typical "small hotel" breakfast. Danish pastries, toast, cereals, yoghurts etc, but no "full English". Food quality was excellent.

Overall, a great hotel which I will be using again for my next London visit

Room Tip: Request a room at the back as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lewiskei
Reviewed 18 April 2012

stayed here on 17th of april for dancing on ice we stayed the one night.My only complaint would be the situation of hotel on a busy roundabout. Noise was,nt too bad as we did have a room on the side of roundabout .But on the plus side it,s very clean and tidy with nice BIG beds and tv,s that work would recommend this hotel.Everything on hand tube shops bank etc.And tube to wembley park takes 5 mins YES 5 mins and come every 3 MINS .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smithy711
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at this super hotel in June last year as it's close to Canons Park where I pay my annual pilgrimage to St. Lawrence's Churchyard to check out my mother's family grave and lay a wreath. From Kingsbury, usually using the Tube, I can travel anywere in London to meet up with friends and family.

The Kingsland Hotel is located at a roundabout in a busy, cosmopolitan area and far from the crowds of central London, though a 20-minute journey on the Jubilee Line will take you into the centre of the action. Locally, there is an Iceland and a Tesco, lots of restaurants and bars - and the value of the fresh fruit in the Asian stores further up past Kingsbury Underground Station is phenomenal. Just £1 for a bowl or basket of fruit. This particular part of Kingsbury has a bustling market atmosphere.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel for its spotless cleanliness, fresh decor, comfort, ambience and, of course, great value. The friendly staff are most helpful and Neeraj, the General Manager, knew where I had travelled from as he had once worked in Edinburgh. Small world indeed. When I was leaving, he very kindly ordered a taxi to take me to King's Cross to get the train home.

As I do not eat breakfast, I did not partake of the buffet provided - but it looked a superb spread and all most appetising when I peeked into the lounge. The tea and coffee provided on the hospitality tray in my room is usually enough 'breakfast' for me!

The hotel has a lift so it is disabled friendly. Though there are a few steps up at the entrance, so these might need some negotiation by a carer pushing a wheelchair.

The only problem with this hotel is that it does not have double glazing - and I was occupying a twin bedded room at the front overlooking the roundabout - so my quality of sleep was rather poor. The hotel is also close to an ambulance station and a police station so sirens go off regularly. Despite this, I have just booked into the hotel again for 11 nights in June this year - and asked for a quiet single room at the back! Had to move swiftly as accommodation is getting snapped up because of the Olympics.

The hotel is fortunate to have a car park to the rear, but the Tube is only a few minutes walk away. Indeed, you can see the hotel from the Tube Station.

Yes, I have no hesitation in recommending this eminently affordable hotel. Great value for money and brilliant location - but do BE WARNED about the noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MadamZsaZsa
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I paid £50 for a one night stay, considering the Premier Inns in this area wanted upwards of £100 I think this hotel is very good value for money.

The hotel is set in a very busy area but what it lacks in peace and quiet it gains in local amenities. There are several shops, pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Kingsbury underground station is a two minute walk away.

The hotel offers on site parking and is within easy reach of the M25 and M1.

The interior of the hotel has clearly been recently refurbished and good money has been spent on furnishings. However some of the bedroom furniture was slightly tatty. Overall the hotel is very clean and comfortable. If there is any money left in the refurbishment budget it would be well spent on some double glazing.

Breakfast was adequate, taken in a rather small breakfast room. It was quiet on the day I stayed here but I would imagine if there was more than half a dozen people using the room at once it would be a bit of a squeeze.

Overall, I recommend and would stay again.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building may reduce road noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business