Haymarket Hotel
  • Pool
US$309
US$149
Orbitz.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$376
US$313
Hilton
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfirmdale hotelskit kempbrumus restaurantfirmdale groupher majesty's theatrehonesty barhonor barluxury junior suitephantom of the operaindoor poolham yardpillow spraynational gallerywest endthe theater districthuge bathroomcovent garden
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great staff, location, bed and suite. Even though our suite had 3 windows, one of them directly onto Haymarket, the room was quiet and calm and we had a great night sleep.

We also liked the knowledgeable concierge (we were very happy with the lunchimte restaurant recommendation) and the smiley receptionists and doorman. And the decor is just gorgeous to look at too, as is the mini bar, the swimming pool, the honesty bar, it's just a great place to be. And wonderfully central but still peaceful.

I love it here, I really rate this hotel for all the reasons above but I am a tad irritated at the £20 charge for wi-fi - at over £400 a night they should be providing this in my view.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The Haymarket Hotel is just perfect; the door staff and concierge are helpful and knowledgeable, the front of house team, welcoming and friendly, the restaurant team, discreet and efficient, the housekeeping team meticulous in their attention to detail, maintaining a spotless hotel and finally, the management team just superb in how they run the hotel and motivate their team.

This is my number 1 destination in London; I try not to stay anywhere else; it really is just perfect.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located for the traveler that wants to be in the center of things. It is in a very touristy part of town, but as soon as you walk into the hotel, you are removed from the hustle and bustle of SOHO / SW1 and you are whisked into a hotel of comfortable elegance. There is a lot of attention to detail at the Haymarket. The first being the staff. They are very attentive to your needs. Making reservations, recommending a new hot spot as well.

Lots of the decor is modern, but one does not get a cold vibe from the place. The sitting room with honor bar is such a nice place to unwind and relax after a day of hitting the streets of London town. I recommend bringing a good book and pouring yourself a well aged scotch.

The underground pool is a very refreshing temperature with awesome lighting. Lots of time empty and left to be splashed around in or to swim laps.

I stayed in a very basic room, but it was more than I needed for being right in the center of things. Nice bathroom with separate tub / shower. Comfy bed and good heating.

I will be staying at the Haymarket again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We got married at the Haymarket in November because we loved the colour, vibrancy and energy of the hotel. It is ultra-modern, immaculate and beautiful. The reception area has that 'wow' factor as you walk in. The staff are friendly and efficient. We had a couple of cocktails in the Brummus bar and a lovely dinner in the restaurant. It is everything you expect from an expensive, boutique hotel in the centre of London, so if you want to treat yourself, you will not be disappointed - everything here, the atmosphere, the service, the guest rooms, bathrooms (with dressing gown, slippers, TV at end of bath), bar, restaurant and location is amazing!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My wife and I had our wedding at the Haymarket in August of 2010 and, living in London, we have since visited the hotel on a number of occasions with friends for lunch, afternoon tea or drinks in the bar.

The property is located between Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square, an absolutelly prime location for sightseeing, access throughout London and a great place to be if you're catching a show. The hotel, while retaining a classical exterior facade is extremely modern and chic inside but without taking itself too serious nor being pretentious in any way. The public spaces, restaurant and bar are all beautifully furnished with very quirky decorations and artwork, while the event spaces such as the Library and the Shooting Gallery where we held our wedding ceremony and reception are simply stunning. We also had a number of family and friends staying with us at the hotel for the wedding and all were extremely impressed with the quality of the rooms (especially the soundproofing in what is a very busy part of town!), the quality and friendliness of the service as well as the general feel of the hotel. All the rooms are individually furnished and even the lowest grades of room are a good size for this part of London.

The hotel also benefits from a stunning indoor pool which, although we did not use, would make an excellent spot to relax in after a day's sightseeing.

Overall, this hotel would be a great choice when visiting London, although the thing that really set it appart for us however, was the level of service and the amount of assistance which my wife and I received over the months leading up to our wedding as well as on the day itself. The events coordinator Victoria was fantastic in keeping us on track with everything which needed to be done, while Marco, the events manager on the day worked tirelesly to ensure that everthing ran smoothly and without a hitch! Little touches such as the maids fully re-cleaning my parent's room (which my ushers and I used to get ready in) before my parents arrived even without being asked, are a sign of a superior level of service and attention to detail. Last but certainly not least, a mention must go out to the chefs and waiting staff for the absolute quality of food which was produced - 60 giant portions of on-the-bone steak arrived at the same time for everyone, all warm and perfectly cooked medium rare - this is a feat that many restaurants would struggle to recreate for 6 people let alone 60!!

An absolutely fantastic hotel and although certainly not cheap, if you want a special place to stay in London, you cannot go far wrong with the Haymarket!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple